George Hirst

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Nothing as dodgy as f*cking over local businesses and the St Johns Ambulance service though

Now off you f*ck

Exactly, the administration points deduction was invented because of Leicester. They also spent bucket loads to get out of the championship just before FFP started to bite. But yeah, their premier league win was a shoe string fairytale.

A Leicester fan at work has just told me about this and even he admits its out of order on their part.

21 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

What a horrible little Cünt he is and his advisors. 

Fück Leicester too. I hope they implode as a club. Truly disgusting that they have done this and they’re firmly cemented as a club I hate now. 

I really wouldn’t mind DC being publicly vocal about all of this. We are punished by the EFL for not abiding by their ‘fair’ regulations yet other top flight clubs are pulling tricks like this, ripping away our investments, how is that fair?!

Not as if Leicester have any history of dirty, underhanded, vile dealings is it .........

Well not if you discount going into administration TWICE and paying creditors, many of them their own supporters, less than a penny in the £.

Fcukin TWICE!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Fück Leicester too. I hope they implode as a club. Truly disgusting that they have done this and they’re firmly cemented as a club I hate now. 

I really wouldn’t mind DC being publicly vocal about all of this. We are punished by the EFL for not abiding by their ‘fair’ regulations yet other top flight clubs are pulling tricks like this, ripping away our investments, how is that fair?!

Can’t see the club letting it slide. They’ll at least look into it.

Edited by Bluesteel

28 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

He was publicly vocal about it, and quite a few (and the majority on here) didn’t want to believe a word he was saying 

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely disgraceful, and Leicester should be thoroughly ashamed. As for the Hirsts, stuff like this has a habit of coming back to bite you on the backside. 

Leicester did offer us a million apparently initially and we turned it down

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

And rightly so.

Spurs have just spent £8.5m on Jack Clarke, plus add-on clauses.

At least with Hirst leaving on a free after we offered him a deal, we still get a percentage of all of his future transfers until the age of 23. If he goes for a decent fee or two in the future, it will be well in excess of £1m

Edited by Minton

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Not the point. This is a deliberate circumnavigation of the rules. Stuff like this is why clubs having links/ownership with other clubs was stopped in the first place. 

The whole thing stinks in so many ways. If Leicester want him, buy him. If they can’t agree a price, wait until the contact expires. 

Leicester want the book throwing at them, and I sincerely hope the FA and UEFA get involved, suspend the transfer and the lad rots for 12 months. 

Just now, vulva said:

Not the point. This is a deliberate circumnavigation of the rules. Stuff like this is why clubs having links/ownership with other clubs was stopped in the first place. 

The whole thing stinks in so many ways. If Leicester want him, buy him. If they can’t agree a price, wait until the contact expires. 

Leicester want the book throwing at them, and I sincerely hope the FA and UEFA get involved, suspend the transfer and the lad rots for 12 months. 

Sorry, whats the issue here.

We got offered a million and turned it down. 

Lad runs his contract down and signs for another club, Leuven with Pearson.

After a season Leicester sign him.

We had our chance to take the money or work out a deal. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox1884 said:

Should’ve just take the £2million when we offered it to you with him having just 1 year left on his contract.

Also don’t try and pretend we are the only ones bending rules etc when it comes to money and FFP

You pulled some dodgy stuff with your stadium and your owner to help yourselves out with FFP

It's a c*nt's trick. Justifying it makes you a C*nt and your football team a set of c*nts.  Now f*ck off and leave us alone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fox1884 said:

Should’ve just take the £2million when we offered it to you with him having just 1 year left on his contract.

Why? Because the Premier League club turned up waving its wee pipe and its money around?

If a club values its young talent then it reserves the right to protect said talent as one of its assets. The issue of the 1 year on the contract was between SWFC and George Hirst.

The issue here is that there is a system in place where the Premier League club in this example is able to circumvent rules and payments, to sign the player for one of its owned clubs in a foreign country where the same rules and payments aren't applicable, then transfer the player "in house" to the Premier League club a year later.

I suggest you strap on your big boy pants and try and understand that latter point if you want to discuss the issue on here, instead of this patronising b*llocks that we should have accepted whatever pocket change Leicester threw at us because you think that's how football works.

• Like 3

Just now, billyblack said:

I could be wasting my time here, so for that reason i’m out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Neither of which were financially acceptable. So we took option 3 and went down the route of future solidarity payments

1 minute ago, vulva said:

It’s a decent sign of how far we’ve fallen in the football pecking order when clubs like Leicester are givin it the ‘big club’ thing. I’ve got yoghurts in the fridge with more history. 

I hope they are ones that had little monster feet on the bottom? I f*cking loved them

Image result for monster feet yoghurts

Edited by Minton
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Why? Because the Premier League club turned up waving its wee pipe and its money around?

If a club values its young talent then it reserves the right to protect said talent as one of its assets. The issue of the 1 year on the contract was between SWFC and George Hirst.

The issue here is that there is a system in place where the Premier League club in this example is able to circumvent rules and payments, to sign the player for one of its owned clubs in a foreign country where the same rules and payments aren't applicable, then transfer the player "in house" to the Premier League club a year later.

I suggest you strap on your big boy pants and try and understand that latter point if you want to discuss the issue on here, instead of this patronising b*llocks that we should have accepted whatever pocket change Leicester threw at us because you think that's how football works.

So if we valued him so highly why didn't we protect our asset accordingly. At the time everyone said he was gash anyway and didn't miss him when he left. 

• Haha 1

So if we valued him so highly why didn't we protect our asset accordingly. At the time everyone said he was gash anyway and didn't miss him when he left. 

You are missing the point. The issue isn’t Wednesday and Hirst. The issue is Leicester buying him via their feeder club to save money. 

It reeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

You are missing the point. The issue isn’t Wednesday and Hirst. The issue is Leicester buying him via their feeder club to save money. 

It reeks. 

Its not ethical no

But we dicked about and didn't sort our own house out. They took advantage of us throwing about. Whos fault is that

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Its not ethical no

But we dicked about and didn't sort our own house out. They took advantage of us throwing about. Whos fault is that

We offered a deal (on first team money, not an u23 contract) Hirst turned it down (which he is entitled to do, particularly if he thinks he's going to get 4 times the amount in a year's time). I'm not sure what else we could have done on that front?

Its not ethical no

You are missing the point. I’m not explaining it any more. 

• Like 1