George Hirst

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Whilst where at it can we claim compensation on the likes of Abdi ? Get round FFP through all the injured players ?. Claim money back on players we overpaid for , where do we stop ? There was nothing untoward regards Hirst  leaving us only on moral issues . 

I do actually think the EFL should take into account the number of injuries we had the other season.  Had we not had such a large squad we would have gone down.

I have to disagree re Hirst leaving us; it was a back door way of signing for Leicester which we all knew at the time.  In fact another poster has mentioned bridge signings which are not permitted.

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

I do actually think the EFL should take into account the number of injuries we had the other season.  Had we not had such a large squad we would have gone down.

I have to disagree re Hirst leaving us; it was a back door way of signing for Leicester which we all knew at the time.  In fact another poster has mentioned bridge signings which are not permitted.

I have issues with you blaming the likes of Hirst for our financial plight when it’s clear there are far worse dealings , Jordan Rhodes comes to mind  

20 minutes ago, southportdc said:

It's only a problem if you let them run their contracts down, to which I suspect the FL's answer will be 'don't let them run their contracts down'.

It's the compensation we have been cheated out of by this loophole that's the issue.

4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He was free to leave , he was banned from playing for us remember, brought back a month or so before the end of the season if I remember rightly ? 

6 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He made a number of appearances for OH Leuven, so it can't be classed as a bridge transfer. It's only a bridge transfer if:

FIFA defined: “In general, bridge transfers involve clubs collaborating to transfer players through a ´bridge´ club to a destination club where the player was never fielded by the bridge club

And to follow it up:

"no article in the regulations prohibits the transfer of a player for mere “economic reasons”, actually art.5.3 of the FIFA RSTP8 appears to allow or consent these bridge transfers"

So nothing down that avenue I'm afraid.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/sports/football/item/what-is-a-bridge-transfer-in-football

Edited by Minton

2 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

It's the compensation we have been cheated out of by this loophole that's the issue.

We are due solidarity payments from every transfer before his 23rd birthday

I have nothing against either George or his Dad, or whether he is making a success / failure wherever he may be. The only thing that is of any relevance is that he does not work/play for SWFC so why do we have to keep having somany threads about a player who has no loyalty to us.

19 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Should’ve just take the £2million when we offered it to you with him having just 1 year left on his contract.

Also don’t try and pretend we are the only ones bending rules etc when it comes to money and FFP

You pulled some dodgy stuff with your stadium and your owner to help yourselves out with FFP

Why should we just take the £2M? He was still under contract to us although maybe had we known Leiceister would pull such a stunt we may well have done.

We aren't in denial about our challenges with FFP and we're feeling the effects of them (transfer embargos are all the rage at Hillsborough) unlike you lot that got away with it. The key difference being is we have an owner prepared to invest his own personal wealth to help fund our push to the Premier league but is unable to do so given current P&S restrictions. Your club went into admin screwing many businesses and individuals and here you are in the big league paying multiple millions of pounds for players (except GH of course) and all the media love you to bits.

Hope Maguire can't get his move to Manchester, goes on strike and leaves for naff all in January.

Have a good season Foxy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

David Hirst's legend status is set in stone.

Regarding George, we've only heard one side of the story of why he left SWFC - I thought we would have heard the Hirst side by now, but maybe it will never be made public. 

I'm pretty sure it was a complete balls up up by club and player.

I wish George all the best - mistakes have been made, life moves on. He might be back at Wednesday one day, you never know. Just not while Chansiri is here.

Any chance to take the opposite side to our chairman is good by you, eh Kivo?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Not bitter at all. It's a cůnťs trick

Maybe so, but football is a short career, I don't begrudge a young kid trying to better himself financially. He could have signed a contract here on half of what Leicester have and had a career ending injury a week later. Problem is football fans live in some unrealistic fairy tale world, at the end of a day it's a job to the players, you get offered twice the money in a different job you go. Like the fans kicking off about Aurnautovic at West Ham wanting to go to China. 

11 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I have issues with you blaming the likes of Hirst for our financial plight when it’s clear there are far worse dealings , Jordan Rhodes comes to mind  

I'm not blaming Hirst for our financial plight.  Just think we have been cheated out of two million quid by Leicester who have found a back door way of signing him for nowt.  And that two million quid would have come in handy re FFP.

It’s a sad indictment of modern football that a true club legend would have a large part to play in fecking the club over like this for a few quid... and that it seems to be legally above board for a PL team to do this in order to avoid distributing their TV riches to lower league clubs

The thing with George Hirst is that it is not at all common place to get absolutely shafted in the manner we have, which is why fans are so annoyed by it. If it was happening all of the time then we couldn't complain much but that isn't the case, i've never heard of it before and that's even before you consider how much of a club legend David Hirst was.

It is a short career and yes David Hirst could have had more money and success if he went to Man Utd, but he's not had a bad life with us has he?

What a horrible little Cünt he is and his advisors. 

Fück Leicester too. I hope they implode as a club. Truly disgusting that they have done this and they’re firmly cemented as a club I hate now. 

I really wouldn’t mind DC being publicly vocal about all of this. We are punished by the EFL for not abiding by their ‘fair’ regulations yet other top flight clubs are pulling tricks like this, ripping away our investments, how is that fair?!

• Like 4

Guest Ash76
57 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Should’ve just take the £2million when we offered it to you with him having just 1 year left on his contract.

Also don’t try and pretend we are the only ones bending rules etc when it comes to money and FFP

You pulled some dodgy stuff with your stadium and your owner to help yourselves out with FFP

Nothing as dodgy as f*cking over local businesses and the St Johns Ambulance service though

Now off you f*ck