OFFICIAL FIXTURES 2019/20

If our home game v Derby isn't moved, it'll be our first home leap year's day fixture in more than 50 years, since we beat Chelsea 3-2 in 1964. Our only leap year's day fixture since then was our 3-0 win at Chelsea in 1992.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don’t like the two promoted teams for our first home games. They tend to start strong so perhaps not as easy a start as we think. Weekend in Blackpool for pne in August is nice though and a nice London trip to Fulham early on is nice. Glad no pigs to play this year though I’d rather it was because they had gone down. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Not a bad start, chance to pick up points before a more difficult September 

Many teams will be thinking exactly the same,

Although I do like Leeds start the season, looks a very tricky August and September as they meet most of the big contenders 

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well, that's the fixtures sorted. Off to Morrison's now to get in the queue to watch the Caramac Cup draw. Now, where is my shopping list? Might as well get that done while I'm at it. 

Ffs

Can you get me a jar of Morrison’s own brand full fat mayonnaise 

Best mayonnaise out there

5 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Can you get me a jar of Morrison’s own brand full fat mayonnaise 

Best mayonnaise out there

Will do. And as John Barnes is doing the draw, that's reminded me that I need some "rapping" paper too from their party section. 

30 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If we don't win the first four we can forget about automatic promotion.

Because there will only 126 points to play for, and that won't be enough?

10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Run in from last game in February to Boro in May very hard. Hardly a certain 3 pointer being optimistic anywhere. Best get off to a good start and break the sequence of being off the pace by end of September. 

I've  looked and looked and looked and I can't see a certain 3 pointer anywhere.

Sometimes I despair.

Whatever happened to "it's a marathon not a sprint" "take it one game at a time" "any team can beat any other in this league"?

7 minutes ago, morley said:

Because there will only 126 points to play for, and that won't be enough?

I've  looked and looked and looked and I can't see a certain 3 pointer anywhere.

Sometimes I despair.

Whatever happened to "it's a marathon not a sprint" "take it one game at a time" "any team can beat any other in this league"?

The faxts are there we tend to start slow and finish well. This coming season the run in is decidely tough so we need to hit the ground running. If you dont agree fine. The season is over 46 games but you have to take the points from game 1 to challenge.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Could be a season defining final month if we are up there. Like a month long set of play offs. 

Opportunity to get off to a decent start but I’d rather play the new boys later on. Dingles at home a banana skin in August.

But looking at the fixtures there are no stand out dominant teams to fear. Going to be another open league I think. 

if we are to 'fill out' our squad with loans, then fot the game against t'dingles we might just be a bit light on star players.

22 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The faxts are there we tend to start slow and finish well. This coming season the run in is decidely tough so we need to hit the ground running. If you dont agree fine. The season is over 46 games but you have to take the points from game 1 to challenge.

But who knows what tough will be?

Nobody would have predicted a top 2 of Norwich and Blunts (who lost their first two btw) last year.

Past results have no bearing on future performance.

If we're not in the frame come Xmas then I may start to worry, but even then look where Villa came from last season and Fulham the year before.

Also look what happened at Swansea and Stoke, two teams that were expected to be tough.

Lot's changes over the summer, assessing opposition now is like trying to predict the lottery numbers.

Edited by morley

1 hour ago, Loppy said:

That's a vile run in.

Could work out well. Assuming we're still in the mix, those teams we play in our last 3 might already be promoted,  secure in playoffs or in meltdown. Either way, chances are they may not be 100% at it.