OFFICIAL FIXTURES 2019/20

On 20/06/2019 at 09:20, WalthamOwl said:

So important we get off to a good start, that’s looks very achievable with the fixtures we have in August. Come on Wednesday!!!!

You're right. We know " there are no easy games" (!), but that's as good a start as we could have hoped for and now we've got Bury at home in the L Cup. 5 games in 17 days that, even to a pessimist like me, all look winnable.  10 points (or dare I say it, 12) and through to the next round would be a brilliant start for a change and really build some confidence.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

You're right. We know " there are no easy games" (!), but that's as good a start as we could have hoped for and now we've got Bury at home in the L Cup. 5 games in 17 days that, even to a pessimist like me, all look winnable.  10 points (or dare I say it, 12) and through to the next round would be a brilliant start for a change and really build some confidence.

Every game is equally as winnable as losable, we were only stoppage time equalisers away from wins at Norwich and West Brom last season, but needed a late equaliser against a throw Rotherham side and barely scraped past Bolton at Hillsborough. 

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

Bristol City and Luton not far enough for you?

I hadn't looked that far ahead in season, Luton isn't bad, only a couple of hours drive. 

We set off at 3 o'clock for cup replay last season and were there in plenty of time even with peak time traffic that can cause delays. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Every game is equally as winnable as losable, we were only stoppage time equalisers away from wins at Norwich and West Brom last season, but needed a late equaliser against a throw Rotherham side and barely scraped past Bolton at Hillsborough. 

My point is, I'd rather have these fixtures than, say, Fulham, Leeds, Cardiff, WBA and Middlesboro away in the Cup. They can come later when we've built momentum:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

My point is, I'd rather have these fixtures than, say, Fulham, Leeds, Cardiff, WBA and Middlesboro away in the Cup. They can come later when we've built momentum:rolleyes:

You won't be saying that when we lose at Reading and fail to beat either Barnsley and Millwall at home. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Proper Ray of sunshine arntcha. 

Nope, I'm just a bit concerned and baffled how some people think we can go through August unbeaten, the point being it's a new season, clubs have new players so last seasons performances are irrelevant. 

Lots of "there - or thereabouts" (Bruce's favourite line) teams: Forest, Stoke, Cardiff, QPR, Derby, Swansea, Huddersfield, Fulham, West Brom, Boro etc etc etc. None of them are that powerful though are they? Have any of that lot done a Wolves? (ie: bought some real quality). (And we know how fragile Leeds are, don't we? Always have been, in my lifetime).

Like owltilidie, I too am confident, for no reason - whatsoever. Rhodes and Winnall to strike up intuitive understanding, get forty goals between them, Wednesday to storm this league.

Or maybe 8th. There - or thereabouts.

I think Barnsley will surprise a few people this season. Like others have said, you never know in this league so we won’t know what games are tough ones until we’re well into the season. That being said on paper you’ve got to be happy with the start. I’d love us to get a good start under our belts, seems like we never do!

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Only game which concerns me in August is Preston. We are poo at Deepdale.

Time for a change then !  I like going to Preston, call at the Three Stags Heads at Wardlow Mires on the way back.  Great pub, like stepping back in time.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:20, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That is true.

It doesn't wipe away the worst performance I've seen by a Wednesday side (up until that point mind) in August 2017 though!

Fully agree with what you say. I reckon that above all the commentary on the build up, scoring and replays of Reach's goal was the best ever...classic.