Forestieri Charged

51 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

this total nonsense by the fa just sums up the state of things ,im all for fairness in society ,but your more likely to go to jail for 5 years if forestieri was found guilty of a racist comment , but he aint, but if someone does 100 break ins attacks someone that they almost die that person will receive a lower sentence than someone who has used a racist comment . ive never used or would ever use a racist term but the way things are going we might get shot by a firing squad in 5 years .forestieri was found not guilty ,he paid out a 25k fine and received a 3 match ban for the incident . fa why the hell cant you just leave this alone now. 

Classic format on here is to start off sensible and then completely lose your marbles midway through. You’ve done the exact opposite. Maverick!

:ghoulguy::Sid:

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Where's the contradiction?

No one KNOWS what FF said

Terrs ADMITS calling Ferdinand a

"F**king Black  C ***"

Not in a "RACIST" way tho??

Give over 

No he didn't. He claims he used the words to say he didn't call him that, have a read about it if you've forgotten the details. 

Nobody knows what either of them (Terry or Forestieri) said and I've got absolutely no opinion as to the guilt of either of them. 

The contradiction is using the clearance of one case to support your opinion whilst ignoring the other. 

If it's a matter of principle then surely your or my opinion as to whether they're guilty is irrelevant. Anything other than that suggests bias. 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Thanks for posting this, I’ve been negged 5 times already for suggesting a Liverpool player wouldn’t be charged in the same situation, so as you say it will be interesting what extra evidence the FA have that means FF deserves to be charged when Firmino didn’t 

Read what it says - the FA conducted a lengthy investigation before exonerating the player!

Again, there is nothing to suggest that Forestieri's case will go to a full disciplinary hearing. He has been charged and asked to respond. After hearing his side of the story and looking at the evidence available, the FA will still have the option of dropping the case if they feel it would be in the best interests of fairness to do so.

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Thanks for posting this, I’ve been negged 5 times already for suggesting a Liverpool player wouldn’t be charged in the same situation, so as you say it will be interesting what extra evidence the FA have that means FF deserves to be charged when Firmino didn’t 

I dont think its true a Liverpool player wouldnt get charged. I remember a high profile case involving Luis Suárez 3-4 years ago similar to FF and he got an 8 match ban.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Read what it says - the FA conducted a lengthy investigation before exonerating the player!

Again, there is nothing to suggest that Forestieri's case will go to a full disciplinary hearing. He has been charged and asked to respond. After hearing his side of the story and looking at the evidence available, the FA will still have the option of dropping the case if they feel it would be in the best interests of fairness to do so.

Take your own advice and read what I said? I said.. 

it will be interesting what extra evidence the FA have that means FF deserves to be charged when Firmino didn’t 

I’ll help you, this means once the FA find FF deserves to be charged, I’ll be interested to know what extra evidence is that warrants FF to be charged, which wasn’t found in the Firmino case. I.e. I’m waiting to see what happens 

Edited by Owls-Fan

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Take your own advice and read what I said? I said.. 

it will be interesting what extra evidence the FA have that means FF deserves to be charged when Firmino didn’t 

I’ll help you, this means once the FA find FF deserves to be charged, I’ll be interested to know what extra evidence is that warrants FF to be charged, which wasn’t found in the Firmino case. I.e. I’m waiting to see what happens 

The point I am making is "charged" doesn't mean it will result in any form of disciplinary action being taken against him. Charge is the first stage of any form of inquiry or investigation. Before moving onto other subsequent stages, there has to be an indictment or charge. Like when you are "charged" by the police, it does not mean you are guilty or even that the case will be pursued. It is a procedural term.

Edited by ChinaOwl

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think its true a Liverpool player wouldnt get charged. I remember a high profile case involving Luis Suárez 3-4 years ago similar to FF and he got an 8 match ban.

True there was the Suarez case though I thought there was camera evidence to prove it and the PFA chairman said there must be compelling evidence for the FA to find him guilty (not just Evra’s word)

Edited by Owls-Fan

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So you think with no proof this is not a dangerous precedent to set? 

I think your 5e insane one sir, I’m all for stamping out racism, probably much more than most, but this sets up for some very real future problems

Go back and look at my posts. I've given no opinion on Fernando's guilt, you've completely got the wrong end of the stick. 

And how do you know what evidence the FA has?

I just want the proper procedures to be carried out, if the FA decide he's most likely innocent then great! 

I never said the Terry thing was the same, I was pointing towards the posters who seemed to think Fernando's clearance in court means the FA shouldn't be able to charge him. If that was the case then Terry wouldn't have been found guilty by the FA and would have gotten off scot-free. If you're as against racism as you say you are then you should be glad the FA do what they do. 

Just remember, players can accuse you of anything and you get charged, but you can get away with this.

However if Lee's had come out and said he called me white trash go home. he'd be looking at a 5 match ban and a heavy fine. :ghoulguy:

image.thumb.png.b59470b192726fd9870a927f832d6595.png

Edited by agentwalker

41 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

The point I am making is "charged" doesn't mean it will result in any form of disciplinary action being taken against him. Charge is the first stage of any form of inquiry or investigation. Before moving onto other subsequent stages, there has to be an indictment or charge. Like when you are "charged" by the police, it does not mean you are guilty or even that the case will be pursued. It is a procedural term.

Sorry plain wrong.

First you are arrested without prejudice. Charged if the police have evidence and believe they can prove it.  Charge means we think you did it.

31 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Just remember, players can accuse you of anything and you get charged, but you can get away with this.

However if Lee's had come out and said he called me white trash go home. he'd be looking at a 5 match ban and a heavy fine. :ghoulguy:

image.thumb.png.b59470b192726fd9870a927f832d6595.png

Did this thug get done for this? Exactly what is more serious violently attacking someone or some stupid comment ? Even tbough forestieri was found not guilty of. 

1 minute ago, The Claw said:

Fikin stupid clunts 

I honestly believe that on this occasion, the FA are doing nowt wrong. They probably feel that the allegation is so serious, they have to be seen to be doing something. So they issue the charge and ask Forestieri to respond to the allegations. Look at his side of the story and the evidence then decide not to progress to a full disciplinary hearing. The FA put out a carefully worded news release giving their reasons then everyone moves on.

That is my take - I'm happy to wait for the outcome to see if I am right or wrong.