Forestieri Charged

9 hours ago, The Horse said:

Here's the racist Fernando who invited his best mates from the squad, the black Lucas João and the Muslim Adthe Nuhiu to his son's first birthday bash at Fox Valley.

_20190606_233048.JPG

You've forgotten the Dutch Indonesian Joey P.

Oh, and the ignorance of the law shown in this thread beggars belief.  Here's a tip lads, if you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to keep it shut.

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Of course the FA should conduct their own investigation into what happened but surely it is better to invite both parties to submit evidence/their testimonies as to what happened in detail rather than charging a player then giving him the chance to respond if there is seemingly no clear evidence in support of what has been alleged?

The former is exactly what happened earlier this season with Holgate / Firminio 

18 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

So, a 3 match ban already served, cleared in court, and 11 months later the FA charge him with the same incident...? Bizarre.

Are the FA still digging out their VCR player to review the GBH in Tom Lees in the same match?

I think the ban (and fine) was for his part in the brawl, not for what he was alleged to have said.

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Scapegoat, FA trying to look tough on racism. Also means unlikely anyone will sign him with this hanging over him in probably our last window to get a much needed fee. 

Just hoping DC has a ***** good lawyer and we decide to go after the player who assaulted one of our lads

This with knobs on for me . There is video evidence out there showing Lees being full on kicked in the chest by a Mansfield player in the general scuffle at the end of the game. If i recall rightly there have been several cases in the past where players have been "up before the beak" for things spotted on film coverage which were not in the "referees report "  so if this FF case is so serious  what went off in the incident should IMO be looked into as well. 

Sauce for the goose an all that

Maybe FF should modify his behaviour instead of being the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons he should let his footballing ability do the talking or we could sell him and find someone else

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Maybe FF should modify his behaviour instead of being the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons he should let his footballing ability do the talking or we could sell him and find someone else

What the hell has that got to do with him being charged ten months after the incident, months after the acquittal, and months after serving the ban?

18 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

If I was Fernando i'd get my legal team together and sue the FA for deformation of character, slander or harrassment, in fact whatever I could! it's getting silly now.

I dont understand why this hasn't happened yet... Unless they have more evidence than we know?

5 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I dont understand why this hasn't happened yet... Unless they have more evidence than we know?

Because there's no defamation or slander involved in any of their actions so far. All that the FA have basically done is act on an allegation (and made it clear in their own press release that it is only allegations at this stage) and issued a charge pending further investigation.

What folk have to accept here that the FA themselves were recently involved in allegations of racism made against the England team.

One golden rule of pursuing action against another party on any issue is you have to be seen as a paragon of virtue yourself vis-a-vis the topic of the allegations. There was a pretty good chance that the next player that came up against the disciplinary panel on an allegation of racist behaviour was going to have the book thrown at him/her. I have said in many posts where I expect the FF incident to finish but he was always going to be a target for a backlash, IMHO.

How many times in this thread, do people need telling Mellis copped a fine and a 3 match ban for his assault on Tom Lees before it sinks in.

At least do a bit of research before you post lads.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

You mean like score the goal of the season against Norwich?

Club should stand fully behind FF. Take a full on protest stance and refuse to comply with any FA ruling and counter sue the FA. 

FA have tried to bully teams too many times, they need to learn that they can’t make up sanctions whenever they feel like it without clubs standing strong! 

He has been found not guilty, end of the matter! Either they don’t agree and appeal in the courts or they respect the courts decision

17 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

But they don't charge everyone who is accused though, they investigate and then bring charges if they feel there is a case to be answered. 

I should hope they do have zero tolerance towards racism, who on earth would disagree with that? 

Even if they do ignore the institutional racism that's hardly a reason to ignore incidents such as this is it, that's another problem that needs addressing as well. 

Absolutely zero tolerance, however wheres the evidence that FF was racially abusive , because for me if that was the case I would not want him near the club.