Forestieri Charged

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

They haven’t found evidence in 10 months or so maybe more but do now??

absolute testicles scapegoat in the making, if they had evidence he would have been charged ages ago, im not glad the fa do what they do because most of it is token bullshit for the media, probably like this.

if they wanted to really do something about it teams like Millwall would be behind closed doors, they just want to make a few examples though because they aren’t fit to govern the game. 

So you're against racism but you don't want the FA to investigate when it's alleged by a player? Seems odd to me that.

If you're so convinced of Fernando's innocence then surely you'll look forward to him being cleared whilst being grateful that accusations of racism are being taken seriously. 

5 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Sorry plain wrong.

First you are arrested without prejudice. Charged if the police have evidence and believe they can prove it.  Charge means we think you did it.

Yes you are right. They first have to have established enough of a case to issue a charge. So in that sense, I was wrong to say it is the first step in the process. But it is a procedural step that allows the accused to understand what indictment is being pursued against them so as to give them a fair opportunity to respond and will lead onto a number of subsequent steps that may, in certain circumstances, result in the case being dropped. In this case, Forestieri has been asked to respond to the allegations so must firstly know precisely what the allegations are. A formal step in a procedural chain.

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

:laugh: the irony "I'm furious that the FA are investing an alleged act of racism" and "I'm furious that FA aren't tackling racism" 

Make your mind up. 

Did you miss the part where this specific incident has already been formally investigated?

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Do you mean the violent conduct charge or the criminal court case? 

both, the FA has already charged him with violent misconduct.  The courts have also tried him for alleged racist language, and found him not guilty.  

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Did you miss the part where this specific incident has already been formally investigated?

Are you referring to the police investigation and subsequent court case?

Two separate things, innit? The court case was conducted against the law of the land, the FA's investigation will be against a set of rules that they have adopted for their own purpose. Granted, the FA might use the fact Forestieri was acquitted when they draw their own conclusions but it really is two separate matters. I also believe that, if Forestieri feels he is being unfairly stigmatised and/or treated here, his lawyers would use the acquittal to back up any subsequent proceedings. But it would still be two separate issues. 

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Hes just making poo up because he forgot what he said earlier in the thread fella. 

He was comparing terry and ff case not long ago then said he hadn’t...... or he had but not in the same way ...... he just likes talking poo

My comparison of the Terry case was the chain of events being - cleared in the criminal court, then charged by the FA afterwards. That's it, and those are facts. 

I've got absolutely no opinion on either as to anyone's guilt or innocence (and it's getting boring that I have to keep repeating this)  

35 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Stop trying to spin things around you nutjob. 

They have investigated him for 10/11 months with no conclusive proof, otherwise he would have been charge already. 

I would be saying the same regardless of if it was FF or someone else’s player. 

Why the need to question peoples people’s dedication to eradicating racism? Yes I do want it eradicating, yes I want it to be done fairly, and yes I want punishment to be suitable.

none of this is happening because the FA are doing a token job, as are fifa. The fines and bans are poor, they are no deterrent at all, but they have to be seen to be playing the game. 

FF case equally shows how incompetent they are. 

But keep talking testicles man, if it helps you feel better

Pots and kettles. And testicles.

So the FA  charge Fessi based on someone saying he used racist language  , no proof , no referee report , just one Mansfield player who has already failed to convince a jury that any racist language was used.  No wonder the game is foooked with muppets like this running the game.  

5 hours ago, toppOwl said:

So if someone alleges racism towards any other player its a case of guilty in the eyes of the FA true or not?

This should be rammed down the FA's throat. It sets a dangerous precedent if they ban Fessi on the word of one player against another. 

The case is very different to Terry's if you look at what Terry admitted to saying. His argument was how he said it and what he was implying.

Fessi denies saying anything offensive.

Suarez admitted to using a racist term which he did not think was racist, if I remember rightly?

A good lawyer should be able to argue a strong case for Fessi from what I've read.

Guest The Claw
58 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I honestly believe that on this occasion, the FA are doing nowt wrong. They probably feel that the allegation is so serious, they have to be seen to be doing something. So they issue the charge and ask Forestieri to respond to the allegations. Look at his side of the story and the evidence then decide not to progress to a full disciplinary hearing. The FA put out a carefully worded news release giving their reasons then everyone moves on.

That is my take - I'm happy to wait for the outcome to see if I am right or wrong.

The bulletin says charged or it did when I was at school 

10 minutes ago, The Claw said:

The bulletin says charged or it did when I was at school 

I've said it enough now. He has been asked to reply which suggests to me that the matter has not been fully resolved. It is my take that the FA have outlined the allegations made against him as purely a procedural step and that a full investigatory hearing will/will not take place based on his response and the evidence. I don't know if I am right or wrong on the matter. That is how I read it. I also believe that it will dropped after receiving FF's response and a carefully worded press release stating how seriously the FA take these matters but, on this occasion, there are insufficient grounds for proceeding. Again I stress, I could be right or wrong but only time will determine the full outcome.

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

So you're against racism but you don't want the FA to investigate when it's alleged by a player? Seems odd to me that.

If you're so convinced of Fernando's innocence then surely you'll look forward to him being cleared whilst being grateful that accusations of racism are being taken seriously. 

The law has taken it's course.

The FA are a business... not adjudicators of law.

He's not guilty of racism in the eyes of the law.

Accusations of racism are taken extremely seriously in this country without the help of the FA.

What sort of other justice do you want?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

The law has taken it's course.

The FA are a business... not adjudicators of law.

He's not guilty of racism in the eyes of the law.

Accusations of racism are taken extremely seriously in this country without the help of the FA.

What sort of other justice do you want?

I want the FA to do their job and investigate any report they receive from a player who alleges he was racially abused. Its boring going over it again and again but look what happened with Terry, I'd say most people think the FA arrived at the correct decision after the courts cleared him. Without this same procedure that wouldn't have happened, and anyone's opinion on here as to either of their innocence is completely irrelevant.

The law and the work place are two different things. I hope he's innocent and that they haven't found anything that will suggest otherwise, but they have to go through their processes and investigate.