Forestieri Charged

59 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Has the Mansfield player who karate kicked Tom Lees ever been charged? 

I'm sure he got away with it. 

Also got a 3 match ban but a lesser fine in line with his lesser wages. 

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

It will almost certainly be competitive games. 

Which is absolutely ridiculous considering it happened in a pre-season friendly.

I could not be further away from being a conspiracy theorist. Looking at the evidence of the years FF has been a Wednesday player he is definitely treated unfairly. I don't need to go into details here, we've all seen the countless incidents. It has all given him a totally and thoroughly undeserved reputation. I am not saying he is totally innocent of everything but having seen him these last few years he is certainly one of the most honest, determined, hard working and fair players in the country.  He stays on his feet despite being constantly fouled and for the most part doesn't complain. Who can blame him if, after recieving no protection all the game he retaliates ? 

This latest "charge" is absurd, nearly 12 months after the incident, and with no reliable evidence.

Like I said earlier, I hope for the FA’s sake they have compelling evidence which wasn’t available at court? There has got to be something there otherwise I’d be taking the FA to court on this. We are now 11 months down the line after already been acquitted in court and I’m sure all the players from both sides have been interviewed. 

Its quite frankly ridiculous!

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

When it comes to accusations of racism think the FA feel the need to be seen to not sweeping it under the carpet.

Does seem a bit daft when it happened last pre season.

FA had to let the Criminal case go through first though, so they couldn't charge him with anything until that had cleared otherwise it may have prejudiced the criminal proceedings which would have the FA potentially in contempt of court.

As for the original FA charge that was for violent conduct. Given the current issues surrounding racism they have to be seen to act so let's just hope that FF gets a fair hearing and is not being offered up as sacrifice.

20 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

this total nonsense by the fa just sums up the state of things ,im all for fairness in society ,but your more likely to go to jail for 5 years if forestieri was found guilty of a racist comment , but he aint, but if someone does 100 break ins attacks someone that they almost die that person will receive a lower sentence than someone who has used a racist comment . ive never used or would ever use a racist term but the way things are going we might get shot by a firing squad in 5 years .forestieri was found not guilty ,he paid out a 25k fine and received a 3 match ban for the incident . fa why the hell cant you just leave this alone now. 

I will bet you 10k for SCH right now that nobody will be shot by a firing squad in the UK for making a racist comment before the end of 2024.  (You can have the  6 months+ free as part of the bet).

• Haha 2

I suspect that the FA are pursuing this on purely a procedural basis and have set a date for Forestieri to respond. It doesn't necessarily mean that any form of disciplinary hearing will follow. The FA could simply drop the matter. It is probably regarded as such a serious breach of the disciplinary code of practice that a "charge" is automatically administered.

Despite there being no evidence they’re going to make an example of FF in an attempt to demonstrate they mean business when it comes to stamping out racism.

They could actually do way more to stamp out racism, what they do today is a bit of a half hearted attempt. They’d have to look at themselves though...no chance of that.

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Was bound to happen.

Gets thrown out in court of law but FA take it upon themselves to impose over the law of the land.

Did same with Terry too.

Absolute clowns. FA goung down the PC route, the guy is found not guilty in a court of law so innocent.

I assume they will be charging Mansfield players with assault.

If I was Forestieri, I would think sack this lot off and go and play somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Despite there being no evidence they’re going to make an example of FF in an attempt to demonstrate they mean business when it comes to stamping out racism.

They could actually do way more to stamp out racism, what they do today is a bit of a half hearted attempt. They’d have to look at themselves though...no chance of that.

Exactly, if is easy target. As you say could stamp it out next time at at a PL game when their is any racist comments gestures etc from crowd etc. Just tell Ref they must abandon the game. Never happen as FA will not upset PL and TV money.

Chansiri needs to get a decent lawyer because it can’t stand up. Any serious offence cannot be left for 10 months before a charge is made. No new evidence has come to light. Any decent lawyer would tie the F.A in knots. 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So we need to tackle racism by finding anyone who is accused with no evidence whatsoever except the word of the accuser guilty.

seems fair and appropriate. Can’t see any future problems arising at all with that standpoint............

Are you insane?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, folger said:

If I was Fernando i'd get my legal team together and sue the FA for deformation of character, slander or harrassment, in fact whatevercould! it's getting silly now.

Exactly flippingthis

10 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Chansiri needs to get a decent lawyer because it can’t stand up. Any serious offence cannot be left for 10 months before a charge is made. No new evidence has come to light. Any decent lawyer would tie the F.A in knots. 

Is a lawyer or legal team used in FA disciplinary cases? I always thought it was between the player and an FA disciplinary panel.

Just now, punkskaphil said:

Is a lawyer or legal team used in FA disciplinary cases? I always thought it was between the player and an FA disciplinary panel.

If an employee in any line of work feel that they are being unfairly treated or victimised within disciplinary codes of practice, they can seek legal advice on employment legislation.

Not sure if already mentioned on the 6 pages but with Terry there was video evidence due to his being a prem game. My understanding was lipreaders could confirm what he'd said.

In our friendly with Mansfield there was decent level of recording so this is simply one person's word against another. 

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I think there's a contradiction in your argument here. You mentioned you want things to be fair, seemingly finding it unfair that the FA have charged Fernando despite being cleared in criminal court. Yet with the Terry one (also found not guilty in criminal court) you've decided to ignore that because you've decided Terry was guilty after all. Don't forget, Terry admits using the racist terms but not in a racist context, as in "Anton I never called you a......" 

Where's the contradiction?

No one KNOWS what FF said

Terrs ADMITS calling Ferdinand a

"F**king Black  C ***"

Not in a "RACIST" way tho??

Give over 

54 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I look forward to the FA explaining that they had followed such a process prior to charging FF ... 

The Football Association has exonerated Roberto Firmino of racially abusing the Everton defender Mason Holgate following a lengthy investigation into the Liverpool striker’s conduct during the FA Cup tie between the Merseyside rivals at Anfield.

Thanks for posting this, I’ve been negged 5 times already for suggesting a Liverpool player wouldn’t be charged in the same situation, so as you say it will be interesting what extra evidence the FA have that means FF deserves to be charged when Firmino didn’t 

Edited by Owls-Fan