Dawson

2 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

The issue with Dawson is as someone else alluded to earlier .. he keeps a clean sheet, it's the players in front of him who contributed to that .. he concedes a few and it's all Dawson's fault only ...

Thats not really what happens is it.

That’s just what people who are afraid to accept that Dawson isn’t good enough say

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

The issue with Dawson is as someone else alluded to earlier .. he keeps a clean sheet, it's the players in front of him who contributed to that .. he concedes a few and it's all Dawson's fault only ...

He's the second coming of Christ when he keeps a clean sheet, not sure where you get that from. 

I think that you are all wrong, there are not many keepers that are young. When a young outfield player makes a mistake it barely ever results in a goal.

Dawson is a real prospect and given time he’ll be a real asset. It’s the Wednesday way to destroy a young lads confidence. I really hope it doesn’t happen with him!

50 minutes ago, sdewsna said:

I think that you are all wrong, there are not many keepers that are young. When a young outfield player makes a mistake it barely ever results in a goal.

Dawson is a real prospect and given time he’ll be a real asset. It’s the Wednesday way to destroy a young lads confidence. I really hope it doesn’t happen with him!

He’s older than the kid they’ve got across the city.

If there was any chance of him being a ‘real asset’ he’d have forced Westwood out this season and proved it. As it’s gone, the more he’s played the worse his performances have got. 

2 hours ago, johnnybalsace said:

Couldn’t understand why Joe Wildsmith wasn’t The Chosen One after KW was blackballed, clearly the better ‘keeper for me

Cos he’s has a liking for accidentally doffing kicks to opposing players and is partial to chucking the ball in the back of his own net?

Good that he’s on the longest contract of anyone though

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Dawsons biggest problem is that he keeps getting compared to Westwood. 

If Westwood leaves we wont get anybody any where near as good to replace him it's that simple and will we get somebody so much better than Dawson without splashing big money?

I think his problem is that he hasn’t played enough football, and he looks short of ability to play at the Championship level.

Its nothing really to do with who is better. Everyone clearly knows Westwood is

I think he’s got potential - I think he should be out on loan in league 1 getting some games and without pressure.

Guest LondonOwl313

Needs to go out on loan, play a full season and see how he develops. May come back good enough, or may end up mid 20s, not at the level required and released.

As for those saying it’s just difficult for him being compared to Westwood all the time... would rather have Chris Kirkland than Dawson, he doesn’t compare well to any of the other experienced keepers we’ve had in recent times. We hardly ever keep a clean sheet when he plays and average conceding nearly 2 goals a game. It probably isn’t a coincidence.

Don’t get me wrong, he does lots of good stuff, makes good saves, has the right physical stature, is a Wednesday fan. But just does stuff that costs goals vs an experienced keeper.

If Westwood had played the last 3 games we’d have beaten Norwich (first goal is saved) and Preston (second goal wee wee tail up doesn’t happen). That’s 4 more points and takes the play offs to the last day. It’s harsh on Dawson but true.. such fine margins and can’t afford basic mistakes at this level

Guaranteed to concede with him in net. He has no presence about him, shouts and flaps about like it's all a big show for people and doesn't actually concentrate on his job. 

Defender must hate playing with him.

He needs game time away from S6.