Lucas Joao

I'm not surprised he wants to leave after playing second fiddle to people like Fletcher and the donkey. 

Being behind the latter in the pecking order is the ultimate insult and psychologically worse than watching a weekend of eastemders non stop. 

Joao is our only striker with any pace. Unless Bruce signs at least two strikers in close season then we have ya chance of promotion 

Fletcher and dobbin both have one more season left. Hooper should be dumped. If Joao leaves then there's nothing up front. 

Bruce is shrewd so he knows this. 

We aren't going to get out with this team. So plenty of money needa to be spent. 

Easier said than done. 

And then there's Rhodes. We may as well pay him off. Rhodes is now in the dobbin class of striker. Surely he's not that bad? 

8 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I'm not surprised he wants to leave after playing second fiddle to people like Fletcher and the donkey. 

Being behind the latter in the pecking order is the ultimate insult and psychologically worse than watching a weekend of eastemders non stop. 

Joao is our only striker with any pace. Unless Bruce signs at least two strikers in close season then we have ya chance of promotion 

Fletcher and dobbin both have one more season left. Hooper should be dumped. If Joao leaves then there's nothing up front. 

Bruce is shrewd so he knows this. 

We aren't going to get out with this team. So plenty of money needa to be spent. 

Easier said than done. 

And then there's Rhodes. We may as well pay him off. Rhodes is now in the dobbin class of striker. Surely he's not that bad? 

Just imagine if we end up with Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes as our main strikers 

The P & S situation has the potential to derail everything we hope to achieve next season. Until it’s clear where we stand then any talk of how to revitalise our washed up squad is somewhat premature, especially if serious money is involved.

If selling players like Lucas and others who have meaningful transfer value but are not key to the managers plans is the price we have to pay to get out of the predicament we are in, and provided Bruce Is allowed funding to build a competitive squad for the next campaign, I can live with that.

On 07/04/2019 at 10:23, kilbyj said:

We're happy to let him go according to Nixon. But our asking price is a big one...

If Bruce isn't keen I hope DC doesn't over value him, could do with the funds!!

Get rid, just get the money back we paid for him , plus a resale  of 20% in the  contact.

No where near good enough.

• Like 1

Joao has always been a bit part player who has never been able to hold down a regular place in the team. You see the odd flash of brilliamce from him , but way to inconsistent.  Is cash in on him without a doubt.

• Like 2

Thought it was a typically Joao performance. Does some things superbly well but also a number of times doesn’t retain easy possession. A number of times first half midfielders or Fletcher tried to bounce the ball off him to get round their marker and he allowed his defender just to get in front. 

Second half much more impactive, allowed Reach, Boyd and Matias to link up with him. 

He is our pace option but rarely do we see real benefit from it. Good performance overall tonight but very inconsistent. Our other options are ahead of him and he’s well off the quality of striker that Bruce could look to attract on loan. 

10 minutes ago, debram said:

Yes second half, didn't look interested 1st.

I knew people would throw that at him, but I thought he battled well first half to earn his space in the second.

Because he doesn’t chase lost causes though, some will never forgive him that 

If people can't see that we need to keep João after last night's performance then there's no point in getting in a discussion with then.

He's the best athlete at the club. (Him and Iofa) 

FWIW

I would keep

Fletcher

Hooper (1 year extension)

João

Nando

I would sell

Rhodes (sell)

Nuhiu (sell)

Winnal (sell

I maybe missing someone. But we need another striker who can be fit for a full season.

3 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

If people can't see that we need to keep João after last night's performance then there's no point in getting in a discussion with then.

He's the best athlete at the club. (Him and Iofa) 

FWIW

I would keep

Fletcher

Hooper (1 year extension)

João

Nando

I would sell

Rhodes (sell)

Nuhiu (sell)

Winnal (sell

I maybe missing someone. But we need another striker who can be fit for a full season.

I think you can justify a £40k per week gamble on one of your named strikers, or maybe £80k per week by keeping two. But you couldn’t gamble £160k per week on all four, when all of them have dubious injury records. 

We have had 5350 minutes from the 4 combined this season. 

Pukki has played 3300 minutes.

Who to keep is a debate that will Be had in several threads. For me Fletcher is a must. After that I expect Bruce to be watching very closely over these next 5 games, and discussing intensely with his medical team, before deciding who he keeps and offloads.

I've said it before, he is one of the most frustrating players I have watched in a while, one game he can look quality and a real threat, the next you wouldnt think he was playing or he walks around sulking like a spoilt teen. I have to be honest last night I wasn't impressed, particularly the first half. Think he needs to show a lot more work effort especially with how Bruce likes his teams to perform.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I think you can justify a £40k per week gamble on one of your named strikers, or maybe £80k per week by keeping two. But you couldn’t gamble £160k per week on all four, when all of them have dubious injury records. 

We have had 5350 minutes from the 4 combined this season. 

Pukki has played 3300 minutes.

Who to keep is a debate that will Be had in several threads. For me Fletcher is a must. After that I expect Bruce to be watching very closely over these next 5 games, and discussing intensely with his medical team, before deciding who he keeps and offloads.

Is João on £40k a week? I don't think he is. His contract was renewed just after the first embargo.

I've picked the best 4 strikers we have on our books.

You need a minimum of 5 strikers in a squad. Keep the best sell the worst. Unless we really need to sell to bring in finances, which maybe the case, but each one of those 4 I've picked would need to be replaced.

João performed well last night and he has in most games that he's played this season.

"He's lazy, he's inconsistent, he doesn't fulfil he's potential...." Bla bla bla. Fickle fans who don't know what they have.

I think he's misunderstood as a player, a bit like Pogba at Man United.

25 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I've said it before, he is one of the most frustrating players I have watched in a while, one game he can look quality and a real threat, the next you wouldnt think he was playing or he walks around sulking like a spoilt teen. I have to be honest last night I wasn't impressed, particularly the first half. Think he needs to show a lot more work effort especially with how Bruce likes his teams to perform.

Found two players in space to score goals.  Not a bad nights work for his first game in a while. 

If we could get any kind of fee for joao I’d sell him.

massively over rated due to the hyperbole when we signed him.