Lucas Joao

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper, Reach and Bannan are guaranteed a place in our Xl and would get in any side in the division. Sadly, given that he sees himself as a striker and Bruce agrees, FF isn’t a starter. 

Joao is so frustrating. 

First 4 months - superb

Next 2 years - dire

End of last season - unstoppable

Start of this season - good goal scoring record

Last half dozen games - rubbish again

but still streets in front of Nuhui

Luhukay got a lot wrong towards the end of his tenure, but he found a way to get the best out of João: he averaged a goal every 161 minutes under his management.

It's a shame that João can't reproduce this form on a regular basis, as at his best he looks like a world-beater. But that's the problem with him: he's either a 9 out of 10 or a 2 out of 10 with very little in the way of a middle ground.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

We’d be laughing if FF & Joao played for the pigs and they were coming up with figures of 10-15m 

they’ll each fetch a couple million at most 

Normally I’d agree but have you been following the championship transfer market over the last few years especially strikers 

5 hours ago, savi said:

Thing is if Lxxds go up then could they potentially look at FF. 

We could be looking at £10m+

Reach £8m+, hes never unfit & English, Hudersfield, Fulham or even Cardiff would benefit if they want to go straight back up.

Jaou sell for £4m+ 

Rhodes I think Huddersfield would suit him, again, £5m+

Matias, Boyd, Abdi & Fox to go for me.

Winnall / id look to keep.

Hooper/Westwood id look to keep, with a contract to suit both parties.

Lee????? would love him to prove his fitness.

Fletcher, Winnall, Hooper & Nuhiu, with the additions of Aarons, Lazaar, Hector & a new right winger on loan (premiership youngster)

8 to go, possibly £25m+ coming in 3/4 to keep, on new contracts, bring 4 in, either buys or loans.

Not really drastic changes needed.

Wow

• Haha 1

Joao has undoubtedly got lots in his locker. I would like to see if Bruce can unlock it on a regular basis.

I do think he needs to toughen up if he wants to be a success in the championship.

I think he is a bit nesh and unless everything is one hundred percent he seems to hide. He reminds me of Daniel Sturridge of Liverpool in that respect. I remember Klop when referencing Sturridge saying something along the line of he has to learn that everything doesn't have to be perfect for him to perform.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Luhukay got a lot wrong towards the end of his tenure, but he found a way to get the best out of João: he averaged a goal every 161 minutes under his management.

It's a shame that João can't reproduce this form on a regular basis, as at his best he looks like a world-beater. But that's the problem with him: he's either a 9 out of 10 or a 2 out of 10 with very little in the way of a middle ground.

Often the way, in a poor team, as was the case with Jos' selection policy looked decent. Once our better players returned, looked average. 

Happened with certain other players too. 

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Often the way, in a poor team, as was the case with Jos' selection policy looked decent. Once our better players returned, looked average. 

Happened with certain other players too. 

A goal every 161 minutes is all the more impressive if achieved in a poor team, though. He didn't just look good in comparison to weaker players; he was scoring goals at a very impressive rate.

He's shown that he's capable of being a very handy striker in this division, but for whatever reason, he seems incapable of sustaining it over any real length of time.

If we were offered £8M for Joao I'd probably take it. Mainly due to the possible issues we might face in the summer. Is he worth £8M? I don't know to be honest, prices have gone mental these days. Lets not forget that until recently he was our top goalscorer and most of those had come from very poor service in the first half of the campaign.

Keep - Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall, Rhodes

Get Rid - Joao, Forestieri, Nuhui, Matias, 

You don't need more than 4 strikers in my opinion and there's goals in multiple combinations of those 4 if we get the right ball into them. OK there could be fitness issues, in which case we should use the loan market as well for a striker or even blood one of our promising young strikers when given the chance. 

20 hours ago, savi said:

Thing is if Lxxds go up then could they potentially look at FF. 

We could be looking at £10m+

Reach £8m+, hes never unfit & English, Hudersfield, Fulham or even Cardiff would benefit if they want to go straight back up.

Jaou sell for £4m+ 

Rhodes I think Huddersfield would suit him, again, £5m+

Matias, Boyd, Abdi & Fox to go for me.

Winnall / id look to keep.

Hooper/Westwood id look to keep, with a contract to suit both parties.

Lee????? would love him to prove his fitness.

Fletcher, Winnall, Hooper & Nuhiu, with the additions of Aarons, Lazaar, Hector & a new right winger on loan (premiership youngster)

8 to go, possibly £25m+ coming in 3/4 to keep, on new contracts, bring 4 in, either buys or loans.

Not really drastic changes needed.

I think I've stumbled across a Football Manager thread! lol

I think João is a player more suited to the prem.

Although alot of teams adopt the high press these days and he isn't really that kind of player.

He has a top level skill set though. 

Defo worth 8 million in my opinion. Whether that be from here or abroad.

• Haha 1