Lucas Joao

Given Bruce's comments about us carrying too many strikers then it makes sense that this an area where he will look to wheel and deal.

Fletcher - I think he will attract offers but we'll look to keep.

Hooper - A difficult one for obvious reasons but if a deal could be struck that suits both parties then I would keep.

Rhodes - It remains to be seen if Norwich look to keep him but I expect him back next season and probably back in the side regularly.

Winnall - Try to Offload for me.

Joao - A talent but I don't see him playing regularly under Bruce as his omission despite being fit for the last two or three games probably suggests. I could see him ending up at Benfica given Carlos' old first team coach is manager there?

Matias - Release. Simple as that. Talented but he's wasted four years of his career here and will probably only be remembered for THAT goal at Leeds and opening a cake shop in the city centre?

Forrestieri - If we were going to play him on the left-hand side I'd look to keep him but I expect Bruce to want more pacy and direct players down the flanks next season. I'd be sad to see him go but I think he may be looking for a move abroad after recent events?

Nuhiu - Old faithful. He'll stay here until he's no longer wanted. Not the greatest player in the world but a useful player to bring off the bench.

It has always been the case in football that ability is not the number one requirement to be successful on the pitch.

Both have ability but appear to lack desire , commitment and resilience which is a shame especially with Joao.

I hope this is true and Bruce is already starting his reshaping of our squad. Personally I would take whatever we can get and move on.

After all they are rarely on the pitch .

• Like 1

On his day he's our best striker and looks every bit a top flight footballer, sadly like most players at this level he struggles with consistency and for a player of his age seems to miss large chunks of the season through injury. Definitely worth more than 3M, back in December when he'd carried on last season's form with about 9 goals then 8M would have been reasonable, now its probably dropped a bit. 

I rate him very highly, but we do seem to desperately need the money.

These are the kinds of tough choices Bruce will face this summer as he needs to put together a squad that can compete at the top end, but he needs to do so with his hands tied financially.

Personally, since Fletcher will be here for next season at least, and since we must reduce the number of forwards we have, I'd rather we look to rely on Fletcher to lead our line.

We've then got to make decisions on the likes of Nuhiu, Winnall, FF, João, and Rhodes. Arguments can be made for and against all of them, as they all differ in their wages, ability, and value. I doubt we'll offer Matias a new contract, but there is the question of do we offer Hooper one? I hope so, but it's down to the financials in the end.

If selling João is the way to retain Hooper and Westwood, and if we could possibly move Winnall on too (I rate him, but I think we can get money for him so we have to think about that), and then there's Rhodes who I think we'll be stuck with so perhaps Bruce would be better off trying to get a tune out of him. If Bruce will see FF as a striker only, then I'd accept us moving him on too. We won't get what I think he's worth, but I can't imagine his value's going to improve while being played only as a striker so it'd be better to cash in this summer.

22 minutes ago, cowl said:

I rate him very highly, but we do seem to desperately need the money.

These are the kinds of tough choices Bruce will face this summer as he needs to put together a squad that can compete at the top end, but he needs to do so with his hands tied financially.

Personally, since Fletcher will be here for next season at least, and since we must reduce the number of forwards we have, I'd rather we look to rely on Fletcher to lead our line.

We've then got to make decisions on the likes of Nuhiu, Winnall, FF, João, and Rhodes. Arguments can be made for and against all of them, as they all differ in their wages, ability, and value. I doubt we'll offer Matias a new contract, but there is the question of do we offer Hooper one? I hope so, but it's down to the financials in the end.

If selling João is the way to retain Hooper and Westwood, and if we could possibly move Winnall on too (I rate him, but I think we can get money for him so we have to think about that), and then there's Rhodes who I think we'll be stuck with so perhaps Bruce would be better off trying to get a tune out of him. If Bruce will see FF as a striker only, then I'd accept us moving him on too. We won't get what I think he's worth, but I can't imagine his value's going to improve while being played only as a striker so it'd be better to cash in this summer.

Untitled.png.b065c1edae15f552d22985244c3fee74.png

• Haha 1

Thing is if Lxxds go up then could they potentially look at FF. 

We could be looking at £10m+

Reach £8m+, hes never unfit & English, Hudersfield, Fulham or even Cardiff would benefit if they want to go straight back up.

Jaou sell for £4m+ 

Rhodes I think Huddersfield would suit him, again, £5m+

Matias, Boyd, Abdi & Fox to go for me.

Winnall / id look to keep.

Hooper/Westwood id look to keep, with a contract to suit both parties.

Lee????? would love him to prove his fitness.

Fletcher, Winnall, Hooper & Nuhiu, with the additions of Aarons, Lazaar, Hector & a new right winger on loan (premiership youngster)

8 to go, possibly £25m+ coming in 3/4 to keep, on new contracts, bring 4 in, either buys or loans.

Not really drastic changes needed.

I really rate Joao, think he's a potentially wonderful talent. 

But, how long can you keep waiting for someone to realise that potential?

He was woefully mismanaged by Carlos, and a year of his career and time here, was totally wasted. 

That said, I think £8m, in this day and age, isn't a ludicrous price for such a potentially special talent. I still think, he could well play at the very highest level. He has all the attributes...just his consistency is lacking. 

In the summer, I think both Forestieri and Joao will be touted about, at a premium price, to see if there's any takers. Would one of the big three in Portugal be tempted by Joao? Not sure. Benfica maybe.... currently managed by Bruno Lage, former Wednesday coach. Nobody else in Portugal would be able to afford him. 

id start him against forest or at least bring him off the bench, this will be the last game where we still have a very outside chance of the playoffs so we have to go for it. if we don't win id like us to start playing the players who bruce will be keeping for next season but he might not entirely know yet . the only strikers  what will defo be here next season are fletcher and nuhiu as no other club will take fletchers wages on . I trust bruce will make the right decisions . upto now it looks like he don't rate winnall but id like him to get a run in the team if playoffs are over after Tuesday . I get the feeling that forestieri,reach bannan and hooper that at least 2-3 of them will leave this summer I think we need to raise 10-15 million to get our house in order to satisfy the league.