Lucas Joao

22 hours ago, daleblue said:

Both can go for me, Joa, lots of potential, never seems to get there, Forestieri, has never regained what he did for us in his first Season.

Slowly coming to that conclusion too. Probably £8million for the pair if we’re lucky.

Then Abdi Jones Pudil Matias off the wage bill for starters. Probably followed by somehow releasing JVA.  from his contract.

Then big decisions to be made about Lee and Hooper fitness/ contract renewal.

Might Just quieten EFL But won’t do much more than reduce the losses.

Getting rid of players like Joao, Forestieri and Reach, may  end up being a necessity, but unless the money is used to bring better, then we are likely to slip further behind. The way we should do it maybe, is to replace those players with loans. We couldn’t buy better for less, but it may be possible to borrow Make no mistake though, it means we have to be dealing at the top end of the loan market, Abraham, Gayle, Wilson, Mount etc If we are left with the likes of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall, and the hapless Rhodes, we will surely struggle

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think João is a player more suited to the prem.

Although alot of teams adopt the high press these days and he isn't really that kind of player.

He has a top level skill set though. 

Defo worth 8 million in my opinion. Whether that be from here or abroad.

Morning Dejphon lol

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Slowly coming to that conclusion too. Probably £8million for the pair if we’re lucky.

Then Abdi Jones Pudil Matias off the wage bill for starters. Probably followed by somehow releasing JVA.  from his contract.

Then big decisions to be made about Lee and Hooper fitness/ contract renewal.

Might Just quieten EFL But won’t do much more than reduce the losses.

Add to that list, Jordan Rhodes, his wages must be high, Bruce has got a lot of work to do this Summer.

We need to sell someone and if we can gain enough money from Joao to be able to keep Reach and Bannan then i am happy with that. Reason being that Bannan and Reach i think are more integral to 46 games a season compared to Joao. Plus we have so many strikers. I like Joao, but out of our 3 saleable assets i think Joao is more able to go rather than Bannan or Reach. We need more bodies in defence and midfield and i think that showed yesterday when we get people injured our strength in depth is poor in midfield and defence compared to other clubs which i think cost us the game. we need more options elsewhere than up front. Joao is good, but he can go.

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

We need to sell someone and if we can gain enough money from Joao to be able to keep Reach and Bannan then i am happy with that. Reason being that Bannan and Reach i think are more integral to 46 games a season compared to Joao. Plus we have so many strikers. I like Joao, but out of our 3 saleable assets i think Joao is more able to go rather than Bannan or Reach. We need more bodies in defence and midfield and i think that showed yesterday when we get people injured our strength in depth is poor in midfield and defence compared to other clubs which i think cost us the game. we need more options elsewhere than up front. Joao is good, but he can go.

I agree with that reasoning, but what’s the point in keeping Reach and Bannan, if you’ve got Fletcher, Nuhiu or Winnall up front. This is the extent of the job Bruce faces

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I agree with that reasoning, but what’s the point in keeping Reach and Bannan, if you’ve got Fletcher, Nuhiu or Winnall up front. This is the extent of the job Bruce faces

If you get the right offer for all of them then that's great and all could go. But Bannan and Reach could still be part of a very good wednesday team. So if FFP means we need to move some on and not all then Joao would be my first choice as i think we don't need to replace him. But with Bannan and Reach if we sell them, we need to replace them as we have no one else. Yes we may need to sell all of them and play the kids if FFP is really bad. But if we can keep people, then midfielders are important as we are very weak in this area of the field.

12 hours ago, Ronio said:

One question I would ask, do we have 100% ownership of the player's contract?

When we bought him we bought him outright, part of the fee went to his club & part to a 3rd party, probably Doyen.  We had to do this because 3rd party ownership isn't allowed here.

Surely if anyone should go it should be Nuhiu, not that we would get much for him. The bigger question is who will we replace Joao with as with our  financial situation  we will not be able to buy anyone decent so it looks like we will be stuck with Fletcher, Rhodes Nuhiu & Hooper and possibly Forestieri for next season. 

6 hours ago, mogbad said:

When we bought him we bought him outright, part of the fee went to his club & part to a 3rd party, probably Doyen.  We had to do this because 3rd party ownership isn't allowed here.

Don't confuse them with facts.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Anyone who would rather keep Rhodes or Winnall than Joao is off their rocker!!

Sell all three though...and get one that f,ookin' works?

Is that not an option...?

Rhodes?....hasn't worked 

Winnal...hasn't worked

Joao..works intermittently

what you got ....?

about 10 mill..to buy something that WORKS!

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

I think João is a player more suited to the prem.

Although alot of teams adopt the high press these days and he isn't really that kind of player.

He has a top level skill set though. 

Defo worth 8 million in my opinion. Whether that be from here or abroad.

He’d get eaten alive in the prem 

We need a shake up. Players like FF and Joao have been sat here for years on juicy contracts, giving half arsed performances 

• Like 1