Lucas Joao

Kid on the kop had an excuse for every thing he did last night.  He came out with a great line just after he'd miscontrolled the ball first half:

"The thing with Joao is that his first touch is excellent, it's just sometimes physically impossible for him to get a second" :ghoulguy:

It was anyone's fault but Joao's.  He could have scored an own goal and it'd have been Fox's fault.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Joao is a talented player but he needs a rocket up his arse.

Been here nearly 4 years now and only ever been a squad player really. 

Last night was a big chance for him and while he wasn't awful but didn't take it by the scruff of the neck.

Can move on for me.

Anybody else think he got a rocket from Bruce at half time, was noticeably quicker to the ball and more aggressive in the second half

His finishing has improved massively, if had a season where he just went for it, would be great to see. I wasn't sure a few years ago, too wasteful with chances, but the way his finishing has improved in particular suggests he actually has it in him, if only...

We have been here before.

His ability is not open to debate but other things are.

I have to smile at some of these threads . Quotes like keep him and sell our 3 worst strikers.

Why would anybody buy our 3 worst strikers and match the wages we have them on.

You can only sell if somebody wants to buy and Doyen can probably find a buyer for Joao