"The big news for the fans is that Hooper is back"!

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Is there a need to have a pop at fans in the op?

It’s fantastic news of course and I’m someone that’s backed him, but let’s not use it as points scoring. It’ll just lead to arguing rather than focusing on some very positive news.

Be great to see him on the pitch again.

Absolutely spot on pal. I'm fed up of people using good news to score petty points and have a pop at other fans on here.

As if there's a single Wednesday fan that wouldn't be buzzing at having a fully fit Hooper available for the run in.

Even more pleased I'm going tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

Cant be.... Posters on here said he would never play again. Same with Hutchinson.

Just wait until Kieran Lee is back and we will have a full house.

And possibly the same posters who were recently saying Fletcher was finished here as well.

Funny how things turn out isnt it?

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Winnall to start as the target man with Reach and Aaron's with side of him with Hooper on bench.

Winnall is never a targetman, let alone in his current 90% fit self.

If Fletch is out Nuhiu must start, like it or not.

16 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Absolutely spot on pal. I'm fed up of people using good news to score petty points and have a pop at other fans on here.

As if there's a single Wednesday fan that wouldn't be buzzing at having a fully fit Hooper available for the run in.

Even more pleased I'm going tomorrow.

People relentlesly posting that our players are finished when they know feck all is not very nice is it. 

Not suggesting they aren't happy they are fit, just that they should think before they post fecking nonsense in future 

Just reminiscing over the 3-0 victory against Cardiff that sealed our play off place where Hooper ruled supreme. Putting their keeper on the deck with his magnificent arśe and forcing the own goal, lobbing the keeper in injury time.

What a player

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Just reminiscing over the 3-0 victory against Cardiff that sealed our play off place where Hooper ruled supreme. Putting their keeper on the deck with his magnificent arśe and forcing the own goal, lobbing the keeper in injury time.

What a player

One of our very best team performances and one of our very best individual performances in the Chansiri era.

He was magnificent. 

Delighted he is close. Hope we see him very soon.

It's pleasing to see Hooper getting back into contention. However, remember that he's been out for 16 months, and whilst much of his game is instinctive, I think it inevitable that he'll take a few weeks to get anywhere like back to his best - perhaps end of April. 

I'm also concerned that like Hopper, Winnall, FF, Fletcher and Joao are all not 100% fit. Only Nuhiu appears ready to start - this to me is the main issue in the next critical four or five weeks.

Irrespective of what happens this season, we can not get into the same situation as we have for the last three years of having partially fit players (particularly strikers) trying to get us over the line. Player recruitment must change.

9 minutes ago, sternlad said:

I suspect that FF was “laid off”for a bit due to this court case hanging over him. Maybe the ‘injury’ was just an excuse so he could get his head straight? Just a theory like.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

People relentlesly posting that our players are finished when they know feck all is not very nice is it. 

Not suggesting they aren't happy they are fit, just that they should think before they post fecking nonsense in future 

In the same fashion we should probably wait before having the massive cum fest that he’s come through a few training sessions . 

More bodies avaliable is very good news though, hows about let’s just look forward to the game