"The big news for the fans is that Hooper is back"!

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Is there a need to have a pop at fans in the op?

It’s fantastic news of course and I’m someone that’s backed him, but let’s not use it as points scoring. It’ll just lead to arguing rather than focusing on some very positive news.

Be great to see him on the pitch again.

I'd say there is need to have a pop. Sometimes there is way too much negativity from our fan base.... this must be a right kick in the teeth for the doom mongers who said he was finished.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hooper, Joao and FF all in contention. Be amazing to have them on the bench. We really could do with them with Fletcher now being out. 

I think Fletcher will start .

Reading between the lines. 

It's great to have Hooper back but looking back to when he first signed, it took ages for him to get match fit so I'd be surprised if we saw him at his best before the end of the season.

Joao on the other hand hasn't been out anywhere near as long and is probably a bigger boost in the short-term.

56 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I'd say there is need to have a pop. Sometimes there is way too much negativity from our fan base.... this must be a right kick in the teeth for the doom mongers who said he was finished.

Personally I'm not getting too excited. He usually takes 7 or 8 games to get up to speed and start contributing when he has been out injured. And he will be off in the summer anyway. 

Of course it's good to have options but don't expect him to hit the ground running.

11 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Getting a bit giddy Beholder, he's going to be absolutely no where near ready and he's got limited time.

That's what Bruce said though.

He emphasized that the main good news for fans is hooper and then went on to describe how much he had done so far , including two matches (45 and 75 mins) and full training for three weeks