Standing at the derby game.

17 minutes ago, sage owl said:

And I got pulled up for saying this poster uses any excuse to have a go at the club  / fans  !. Pig , thrower or both  ?.

10 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Maybe should have put stupid in the equation. 

14 minutes ago, james o connor said:

In English sweetie ? 

See the source image

• Haha 2

I have total sympathy with anyone who cannot stand but there are plenty of seated areas at Hillsborough where people choose to sit all the time.

I have the reverse problem I have a knackered knee and  I find it more comfortable to stand than to sit on cramped seats.

I was stood on the north on Monday evening and the kop looked to have a lack of atmosphere to me, that imo is because everyone sits down. 

Atmosphere is created by people who are stood up. There's a reason why professional singers usually stand to do their job. 

2 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Time to bring back safe standing so people have a choice, like it was before all seating.

It wouldn't and shouldn't be a promble making the back half of tbe Kop all safe standing. There's already the perfect segregation with the gangway that runs horizontally across.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Our atmosphere is dire for three reasons . We are usually pretty boring to watch. our too big , delapidated ground hinders any atmosphere . Our fans are also a bit rubbish as well 

You really do make my shyt hang

4 hours ago, sage owl said:

And I got pulled up for saying this poster uses any excuse to have a go at the club  / fans  !. Pig , thrower or both  ?.

Have a like!

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

I have total sympathy with anyone who cannot stand but there are plenty of seated areas at Hillsborough where people choose to sit all the time.

I have the reverse problem I have a knackered knee and  I find it more comfortable to stand than to sit on cramped seats.

I was stood on the north on Monday evening and the kop looked to have a lack of atmosphere to me, that imo is because everyone sits down. 

Atmosphere is created by people who are stood up. There's a reason why professional singers usually stand to do their job. 

Val Doonican did alright for himself.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

See the source image

Police had to get involved. From now on these "ladies" are no longer allowed to shop saturday or sunday afternoons. Going forward they have to go out shopping mid week during the evening.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Our atmosphere is dire for three reasons . We are usually pretty boring to watch. our too big , delapidated ground hinders any atmosphere . Our fans are also a bit rubbish as well 

Our singing support is fragmented

In my day all the people who wanted to sing went on the kop

Then River Island opened, now the young singers want to show off their new gear to the away supporters

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Our home support is as good as anyone.

We have around 21k that go to every home match and to be honest it can be blummin hard work at times!! 

We get behind the team when needed more often than not. 

Pig supporters were on the moan Saturday night at how poor their atmosphere was against Rotherham. 

Home support tend to go for the actual match - away support is more of a day out 

17 hours ago, Geedee said:

They are all seated areas at Hillsborough are they not, standing is not allowed?  I also do not agree that you need to stand to create an atmosphere, and take issue with all those that carp on about the poor Hillsborough atmosphere in general.  I have lost count of the Managers, players of both our team and visiting teams commenting on how good the atmosphere is (can be), and visiting players often commenting on what an intimidating place it has been for them.  Perhaps the nature of the ground/acoustics etc project the atmosphere onto the pitch and not around the stands?  Also it helps if you have vocal away following in some number, a couple of dozen sat or stood quiet in the upper Lepp dont help.

Any way IMO its up to the fans to get things going before the game and in the build up, then up to the players to get the fans going once the game starts, then its a circle that feeds iteslf, dont matter if standing or seated.  I will be seated cos I'm an old git, but I still go home hoarse.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I personally love to stand at matches. 

However, I sit where I sit precisely because not many people stand - I go to games with my mam whose knees aren't great, and then my nephew who is only tiny so when people stand he cannot see, even when stood on his seat. Then in front of us there is an elderly gent, been going to games longer than I have, lovely bloke, but struggles to stay stood for a long period of time.

This is why having seated areas and standing areas (even informally) would be great. I feel a reight nag when I have to go ask people to sit infront because my nephew or my mam can't see, but at the end of the day it is what it is. There's only a few rows of seats in front of us so it isn't much problem usually (though people who stand on the top of the stairs - please don't, even when stood up you block the view for most of the penalty area and I've missed a fair few goals towards end of game thanks to that - and I'm 6ft so not exactly short).  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dorian gray said:

kops the 'family stand' like it, or not.

the kops the 'family stand' because it has the cheapest seats in the house, and a family on a budget (more than 95% no doubt) need to view at the best price possible for their family, to get in as many games as they can afford.

some thinking they are 'hard core' stick to the kop, but it's not been happening there for a long time now, it's full of families looking for 'family entertainment' you've only to look around to see how many 'kiddies' are in there, plenty are bringing in their own food (to save on cost) and there's a nice little band and some flags to entertain the kids (who think it's the big thing on the kop) and the missus.

22 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

At Derby yesterday, the section that was behind the goal next to away fans was an obvious 'singing' area. Everyone stood up and made some racket for them. We desperately need something like this on the kop. 

we already have it in the north, much nearer to the away fans in the LL.

19 hours ago, Geedee said:

Yep ........................................sitting restricts their airways. :rolleyes:

• Like 1