Standing at the derby game.

9 hours ago, Striggy said:

They are all seated areas at Hillsborough are they not, standing is not allowed?  I also do not agree that you need to stand to create an atmosphere, and take issue with all those that carp on about the poor Hillsborough atmosphere in general.  I have lost count of the Managers, players of both our team and visiting teams commenting on how good the atmosphere is (can be), and visiting players often commenting on what an intimidating place it has been for them.  Perhaps the nature of the ground/acoustics etc project the atmosphere onto the pitch and not around the stands?  Also it helps if you have vocal away following in some number, a couple of dozen sat or stood quiet in the upper Lepp dont help.

Any way IMO its up to the fans to get things going before the game and in the build up, then up to the players to get the fans going once the game starts, then its a circle that feeds iteslf, dont matter if standing or seated.  I will be seated cos I'm an old git, but I still go home hoarse.

Your entitled to your opinion but I disagree, I don't think Hillsborough on a normal match day is intimidating. 

26 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

I got told off by some bloke, never seen him before. 

The sooner we get safe standing the better. 

Decision due soon from the DCMS. Could create problems for the club in how to accommodate safe standing though.

If we go for the kop, how do you move fans who want to sit, from an area they have sat in for years. 

If you're restricted to proposed 3,000 rail seats, they'd have to be on the wings of the kop, either side of T1 and T2. Otherwise, would obstruct the view of those seated. 

Anyways, I'm all for flattening it, and replacing with a 2 tier stand. Standing below, seated above, and back to the old 22,000 capacity. Oh for the want of some premier league money. 

I don't want to stand up through the entire game. Simple solution create a standing zone with safe standing. Don't think it even needs debating anymore, clearly not everyone going to games can stand for 90 minutes so you can't say everyone should stand, equally on the other hand if safe standing exists and works and a number of fans want this, then convert the section in the North where they stand to safe standing and be done with it. Well done to clubs who are ahead of us on this, wish more would do the same.

4 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Decision due soon from the DCMS. Could create problems for the club in how to accommodate safe standing though.

If we go for the kop, how do you move fans who want to sit, from an area they have sat in for years. 

If you're restricted to proposed 3,000 rail seats, they'd have to be on the wings of the kop, either side of T1 and T2. Otherwise, would obstruct the view of those seated. 

Anyways, I'm all for flattening it, and replacing with a 2 tier stand. Standing below, seated above, and back to the old 22,000 capacity. Oh for the want of some premier league money. 

I'd shuffle away fans, give them half of Lep closest to South and then use the cheese for a safe standing trial