Frustrating Joao

I mentioned this the other week and he's been the same since the end of his first season with us. He has all the ability, athleticism and finishing prowess to play Prem, but misses one fundamental attribute which is why he's still here, his attitude let's him down time and again. Needs to front up and get stuck in and grow a pair if he's actually going to reach his potential. 

7 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I doubt any centre back knows they’ve been in a battle with João. I’d like to see him mix it up a bit. Chase down, be awkward, run at CBs, use arms and shoulders...be more present and become feared

He just doesn't have that bottle or aggression for a bit of a battle. If he comes up against a robust physical cb that bullies him he just disappears and wilts away like melting snow. 

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I mentioned this the other week and he's been the same since the end of his first season with us. He has all the ability, athleticism and finishing prowess to play Prem, but misses one fundamental attribute which is why he's still here, his attitude let's him down time and again. Needs to front up and get stuck in and grow a pair if he's actually going to reach his potential. 

He needs to learn from Pogba.

Garbage when his heart isn’t in it. Unplayable on the World stage when it is.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

He needs to learn from Pogba.

Garbage when his heart isn’t in it. Unplayable on the World stage when it is.

The reason why he frustrates so many of us is becouse at times he's proven he CAN do it, there's been periods when he's on it and been almost unplayable no matter how you try to stop him... Next match he's back to being invisible again. 

4 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Coming off the bench is his best position he doesn't like the physical side of the championship 

Not true.

He has come on as a 2nd half sub 12 times this season and only scored once - Ipswich away.

In his 16 full matches (I include Bristol City away where he came on after 18) he has 8 goals.

He should start on Tuesday. 3-0 when he went off tells us enough. 

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The reason why he frustrates so many of us is becouse at times he's proven he CAN do it, there's been periods when he's on it and been almost unplayable no matter how you try to stop him... Next match he's back to being invisible again. 

I agree. Frustrates the backside off me.

But on balance, right now, he deserves a start alongside Fletcher. 

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Looked injured after about half an hour, Fletcher and a few others were checking on him, not sure if it was Bullen that walked off with him at half-time? Surprised he came back on for the second half.

Spot on.  I think most go the match with their eyes painted on.  Walked off like a 90yo at half-time.  Looks like he's got a hip problem to me.

14 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Spot on.  I think most go the match with their eyes painted on.  Walked off like a 90yo at half-time.  Looks like he's got a hip problem to me.

Sickness bug doing the rounds,could be that one or two were unwell.......Ive had same bug since friday and its really unpleasent