Frustrating Joao

Definately has some talent but what was that today. Work rate compared to Fletcher was poor and whilst he showed a few good touches he just didn’t seem bothered. 

Also what was going on with his substitution? He seemed to say to the bench he needed to come off, and looked to be struggling. He then gets subbed off and seems disgusted and throws a paddy. 

Strange all round. Frustratingly we lost our shape when he came off too.  

Just now, Ronio said:

I thought he played better today than in recent weeks.  

His ball retention up top was much better.  

I can understand why he was frustrated at coming off.  

Its a good sign for me.  He will be more eager for sure next time. 

If he was "frustrated" at coming off...I fail to see why, he signalled something to the bench 5 minutes before...If he was signalling he was struggling...Why the frustration?

If he was signalling he was OK..why the the f.ookin' aimless wandering about?

He has talent, but is at the age when he should be the first name on the team sheet. The fact that he justifiabley doesn’t get picked every week speaks volumes about his attitude. At risk of going down as a wasted career unless he gets his house in order. Unfortunately I am not convinced he will. 

• Like 1

His hold up play was good but needs to show more effort still.

Everyone else showed it with tackling back, think that's why Bruce yanked him.

He's got genuine quality just frustrating as he needs to want it more. Wish he'd throw his head at crosses once in a while and he'd score more.

Dam right he's frustrating. Acts like billy big boots when he's scored a couple and thinks he can stroll his way around the pitch with his socks half pulled up. Drives me mad, in fact anyone who slopes around drives me flippingmad. If your wearing the shirt put some bloody effort in ffs. 

9 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

His hold up play was good but needs to show more effort still.

Everyone else showed it with tackling back, think that's why Bruce yanked him.

He's got genuine quality just frustrating as he needs to want it more. Wish he'd throw his head at crosses once in a while and he'd score more.

and (because of his attitude and effort) very likely for sale at the end of the season.

not going to add anything to a side pushing for promotion with his present state. this will be UNpopular, but it won't be UNtrue.

Edited by dorian gray
n

22 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Definately has some talent but what was that today. Work rate compared to Fletcher was poor and whilst he showed a few good touches he just didn’t seem bothered. 

Also what was going on with his substitution? He seemed to say to the bench he needed to come off, and looked to be struggling. He then gets subbed off and seems disgusted and throws a paddy. 

Strange all round. Frustratingly we lost our shape when he came off too.  

He’s always been like that 

Laziest player I’ve ever seen and pulls more tantrums than FF 

Edited by FreshOwl

6 minutes ago, clud17 said:

Dam right he's frustrating. Acts like billy big boots when he's scored a couple and thinks he can stroll his way around the pitch with his socks half pulled up. Drives me mad, in fact anyone who slopes around drives me flippingmad. If your wearing the shirt put some bloody effort in ffs. 

I doubt he's a bruce type player, set for lesser things.

Guest Bulgaria

I bet he is a nightmare to live with. Imagine having the last slice of toast or leaving him no milk for his cuppa.

He would be stomping about the house for hours, even though there is a shop 100 meters away.

20 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I thought he played better today than in recent weeks.  

His ball retention up top was much better.  

I can understand why he was frustrated at coming off.  

Its a good sign for me.  He will be more eager for sure next time. 

Seriously? I thought he was woeful today, his body language was awful. He's such a frustrating player, when in form he's fantastic and a real asset but the levels of inconsistency are why he hasn't pushed on from when we first signed him.

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s always been like that 

Laziest player I’ve ever seen and pulls more tantrums than FF 

Who do you think would throw the biggest tantrum if you had their cornflakes?

Just now, Bulgaria said:

Who do you think would throw the biggest tantrum if you had their cornflakes?

FF for the first 5 mins but can imagine him getting over t quickly and his mind wandering onto something else 

Joao would carry it with him for weeks with dirty looks