Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

25 minutes ago, deano said:

Can't see him dropping from Premier league. 

I think he’ll have to if he wants first team football again. I’ve seen him a few times at Saints this season and his pace and mobility isn’t what it used to be.

Interesting that we are top of those betting odds, I wonder if there’s rumours of season long loan/swap deals 

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think he’ll have to if he wants first team football again. I’ve seen him a few times at Saints this season and his pace and mobility isn’t what it used to be.

Interesting that we are top of those betting odds, I wonder if there’s rumours of season long loan/swap deals 

Similar to the position Fletcher was in when we signed him. Regular top flight player, 29, who is now on a downward trajectory, albeit better then what we have and a better scoring record then Fletcher I suspect. 

15 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

David Jones apparently close to signing for Grimsby! Personally thought he would end up at a league one club. Is he really League 2 standard? 

Who knows he's barely played. 

Also a reason he hasn't featured much under 3 different manages whilst playing for us. 

They was chatting about Austin wages the other week on the radio , he is 2nd highest earner at Southampton on £70,000 a week , they also mentioned how his form increases greatly when he is in the final stages of his contract. To me he is a very good championship player , below average  premiership player. Would be happy to sign him if he was to take a Hugh pay cut , but can not seeing him doing that .

1 minute ago, saywended said:

They was chatting about Austin wages the other week on the radio , he is 2nd highest earner at Southampton on £70,000 a week , they also mentioned how his form increases greatly when he is in the final stages of his contract. To me he is a very good championship player , below average  premiership player. Would be happy to sign him if he was to take a Hugh pay cut , but can not seeing him doing that .

I reckon he'd be buzzing to take about a 50k a week paycut to drop down a level. 

• Haha 2

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I reckon he'd be buzzing to take about a 50k a week paycut to drop down a level. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

All down to his character I suppose, would certainly be a factor in making any potential decisions. We need motivation in our players. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wonder how Warburton knows  

He wanted to sign him but he is busy talking to another Championship club. I don't know if Warburton knows who that club is or whether he is guessing.

11 minutes ago, deano said:

All down to his character I suppose, would certainly be a factor in making any potential decisions. We need motivation in our players. 

If he dropped down a league and dropped his wages i’d doubt his sanity never mind his character. 

• Haha 1