Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Still can’t fathom out how we sign any players with FFP hanging over our heads. 

Have we submitted accounts yet?

Just waiting for D-Taxi`s to count up their takings for the year before we declare them.

• Haha 4

Guest wilyfox
22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Just waiting for D-Taxi`s to count up their takings for the year before we declare them.

Growing so fast DC should rebrand as Duber. 

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This. We haven’t submitted them. I thought we had, but we still haven’t. Only four clubs are yet to submit and two of them are in administration. What’s going on? 

Doesn't say we haven't submitted them, we were one of 4 clubs who had delayed submitting them, but will have been sent in to the EFL by now and a couple of weeks ago the EFL said all clubs had complied much to the annoyance of the Boro chairman. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Still can’t fathom out how we sign any players with FFP hanging over our heads. 

Have we submitted accounts yet?

Nope, I think it’s just us and Bolton who haven’t submitted them.

Does nothing to dispel the rumours that the club is in a mess with regards to FFP.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Have to be honest, that’s starting to concern me now. 

Only now? We've known we're fooked all season lol

Guest gizowl
9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nope, I think it’s just us and Bolton who haven’t submitted them.

Does nothing to dispel the rumours that the club is in a mess with regards to FFP.

Theirs a difference between not submitting and not publicising, Chansiri doesn't have to publish the accounts, it's his company, the EFL won't publish anything unless rules have been beached and if tax due is paid HMRC will have nothing to announce, I don't think SB would be wasting his time lining players up if he couldn't sign anyone and I'm sure they'd know by now with the window opening on Thursday, fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Theirs a difference between not submitting and not publicising, Chansiri doesn't have to publish the accounts, it's his company, the EFL won't publish anything unless rules have been beached and if tax due is paid HMRC will have nothing to announce, I don't think SB would be wasting his time lining players up if he couldn't sign anyone and I'm sure they'd know by now with the window opening on Thursday, fingers crossed. 

He could have a player sale lined up for Thursday so that even though accounts show we've overspent we are within the P&S rules for this coming season. 

Personally if it is injury prone and histrionic FF to pigs for 14m and it allows us to sign players then it may be a case of thanks for the memories. 

He's lost half a yard and am sure there are Prem kids with the same skill but better consistency and less off the field crud to deal with. 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Crud

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

Chansiri owns Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited who must file accounts with Companies House. It doesn’t matter if he owns it 100% or not. He’s now missed the (extended) deadline for doing this.

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

David Jones apparently close to signing for Grimsby! Personally thought he would end up at a league one club. Is he really League 2 standard? 

From what I saw, yes. Problem with older players is once their legs go, the decline is rapid.

Still has experience to offer and good on him extending his career. A long time retired and hopefully he gets some games. 

How they can afford his £500k per week wage is beyond me though :biggrin:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, striker said:

How they can afford his £500k per week wage is beyond me though :biggrin:

Grimsby have a special arrangement with him. They are going to pay him every time he delivers something worth paying for. They are calling it:

Cash 

On

Delivery

:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

Jones to Grimsby, if true, just illustrates the quality of our recruitment over the last few seasons and emphasizes how much money has been wasted on inflated salaries.

He's probably been offered 20% of what we paid him, possibly less! To be fair, he's not the worst example either. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Jones to Grimsby, if true, just illustrates the quality of our recruitment over the last few seasons and emphasizes how much money has been wasted on inflated salaries.

He's probably been offered 20% of what we paid him, possibly less! To be fair, he's not the worst example either. 

He's made more than enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

Bet he couldn't believe his luck when we offered him a 3 year contract.

3 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

He's made more than enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

Bet he couldn't believe his luck when we offered him a 3 year contract.

He was a good player, but like most of our signings, he was signed 5 years too late Seriously, it’s like whoever was responsible for signing players, hadn’t watched football since 2012

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

David Jones apparently close to signing for Grimsby! Personally thought he would end up at a league one club. Is he really League 2 standard? 

Probably do well in league two as a holding midfielder .