Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Think way too many fans obsessed with age anything north of 29 people turning their noses up? How anyone can question if Austin would be a good signing baffles me? Guaranteed 20 goals plus. Probably testicles tho. Going back to age Sharp got 23 last season for pigs he is 33. It's all ultimately about desire workrate, leadership and fitness.

Guest wilyfox

I'd happily take chances on Odubajo & Powell on frees given their age and appearances suggesting they can put their injury woes behind them, but Austin would cost millions and be a very expensive gamble. 

Austin is quality and would provide the physical focal point we need if going 1 up front. But given how many strikers we have, the lack of pace up front, the need to box clever financially, teams with parachute cash having first dibs and the blades having no strikers. I think we can rule this out.

Guest Arnold
43 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We should be avoiding good players?

No just the ones on big salaries with fitness issues. 

11 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Think way too many fans obsessed with age anything north of 29 people turning their noses up? How anyone can question if Austin would be a good signing baffles me? Guaranteed 20 goals plus. Probably testicles tho. Going back to age Sharp got 23 last season for pigs he is 33. It's all ultimately about desire workrate, leadership and fitness.

Personally, I do believe we need to reduce the average age of the squad, but I think people are merely responding to quotes from Bruce, and the chairman We were led to believe we would be signing younger players with a resale value. Hopefully that will be the case, and most of these reports will be wide of the mark, or what is the difference between the this, and the previous policy