Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He was a good player, but like most of our signings, he was signed 5 years too late Seriously, it’s like whoever was responsible for signing players, hadn’t watched football since 2012

To be honest, on paper he was a good signing.

He had played alongside Barton the previous year with Burnley and had just won promotion to the premier league.

Like you say, just came a few years too late. Have a feeling he'll do well in League 2 as he'll have a little bit more time on the ball and will be able to just sit in front of the backline.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Probably do well in league two as a holding midfielder .

I'm not so sure...just because he's dropping a couple of leagues, doesn't mean he'll be up against less mobile players?  He has the turning circle of a sea liner.  In his last games for us, he resorted to fouling/grabbing people, as he can't keep up with most players anymore.  Similar to Loovens drastic drop in form.  

Hopefully lessons will have been learned about signing players like Abdi, Boyd and Jones.

I wouldn't mind one experienced head, like recently released Mo Diame but you cant fill a side with no legs. Bruce immediately addressed this issue with Lazaar and Aarons, hopefully he addresses it again. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

David Jones apparently close to signing for Grimsby! Personally thought he would end up at a league one club. Is he really League 2 standard? 

Do they realise they will have to fit him with wheels to get him around pitch.

• Haha 1

Jones used to be quality but we needed to have someone who could fill in for Hutchinson. He was easily knocked off the ball and didn’t have any freedom under CC, you’d see him reluctant to push beyond a certain point as he wasn’t supposed to. Just became redundant to us. 

Just now, Pulsar said:

Me neither but that signing would excite me.

Agree, he's not fast I don't think but sometimes if a player is just better then you have got it would be ridiculous not to sign him. My opinion is that we have no chance.