Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

44 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So there isn't a European Parliament?  Where we send elected representatives to? Who discuss, argue, and present evidence to back up their views.

And in what have you been dictated to by a faceless euro bureaucrat?  

Shakes head in despair....no l won't get involved in an online argument about the EU and it's attitude to democracy.

3 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

Absolutely transfer rumours, but this rubbish from ‘brexiters’ needs to be exposed when it appears, even on this site. 

Sorry. Let’s stop it right now and keep it to football

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

Absolutely transfer rumours, but this rubbish from ‘brexiters’ needs to be exposed when it appears, even on this site. 

We have a politics section should you or others want to get involved. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Yup heard same that Darlow will be at wednesday next season as RB wants a new keeper which would freeze CD  out

I'm certainly not ITK but I too heard the same last week.

Darlow is a good solid championship keeper who was Newcastle's number one when they stormed the league a few years ago.

Would only want him if Westwood was to go mind.

Guest wilyfox

Darlow would be an excellent signing, whether as Westwood alternative or in addition enabling us to loan our younger ones out. 

15 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Isn't there a new rule coming in this summer restricting the amount of players clubs can have out on loan? Could mean a lot of promising young'uns released

Nope. 

If it does happen (it's still being ratified) it won't be until 20/21. Even then, it will only affect non-domestic loans and won't affect players under 23/21 (not defined yet).

And even then....a club could still have 6/7/8 (also not defined yet!) non-domestic, over 21/23 loans and a boatload of under 21/23 domestic ones. 

Basically, Chelsea would hardly be affected. It would just mean their loans go elsewhere.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Suzuki_San

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Darlow would be an excellent signing, whether as Westwood alternative or in addition enabling us to loan our younger ones out. 

I could deffo get behind that, Darlow would be a great, if Westwood decided to go elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If we sign Darlow I imagine it's because Westwood is moving on. Tough to lose Westwood but Darlow a good keeper and at 28 plenty of mileage in the tank.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think Westwood is better than Darlow in terms of organising a defence, but if we are looking at the future which we need to at some point then we would struggle for a better deal on a free.

This.....but if Westwood won’t sign, I’d be happy with Darlow, and one of the defenders will have to step up to the plate

52 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You've got to love Owlstalk, haven't you?

We can't let Westwood leave - he's the greatest 'keeper in the universe and would cost us billions to replace.

We could sign Darlow.

Yeah, OK.

:duntmatter:

Only if Westwood leaves, think we would all prefer westwood to stay. 

2 hours ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

The rubbish is very much from remain thanks. Threats of economic Armageddon- just like when we didn’t join the Euro completely made up. 

Self determination is a basic human right. 

Forcing upon us this one nation, flag is nothing but nationalism. Nationalism is a group of people, religion, nation, political union etc. 

If its just free trade, deal if it’s power - absolutely not. Simple really. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Only if Westwood leaves, think we would all prefer westwood to stay. 

I know, it just makes me chuckle how we tend to throw around hyperbole and get fixated on one player, yet there's always someone else who could come in and do a job for us.

Who'd have said Michael Hector was a must-sign when everyone was losing their minds over Venancio, for example?

• Like 1