Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I know, it just makes me chuckle how we tend to throw around hyperbole and get fixated on one player, yet there's always someone else who could come in and do a job for us.

Who'd have said Michael Hector was a must-sign when everyone was losing their minds over Venancio, for example?

Exactly if Westwood and Hector dont stay then I am pretty sure Bruce will find adequate replacements.

10 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

The rubbish is very much from remain thanks. Threats of economic Armageddon- just like when we didn’t join the Euro completely made up. 

Self determination is a basic human right. 

Forcing upon us this one nation, flag is nothing but nationalism. Nationalism is a group of people, religion, nation, political union etc. 

If its just free trade, deal if it’s power - absolutely not. Simple really. 

Why do you keep trying to bring up Brexit out of nowhere, I've seen you do it earlier on in this thread and the Borner one.

It's nice you have your own opinion but it's got absolutely nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday or football and just derails the actual threads and turns it into another boring debate about Brexit.

Find some friends/idiots down the pub who'll listen to your soapboxing instead.

23 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Why do you keep trying to bring up Brexit out of nowhere, I've seen you do it earlier on in this thread and the Borner one.

It's nice you have your own opinion but it's got absolutely nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday or football and just derails the actual threads and turns it into another boring debate about Brexit.

Find some friends/idiots down the pub who'll listen to your soapboxing instead.

E7E7A79C-87A5-45EB-B090-E52B10A6AAFE.gif

Edited by 19owl08
Gif not working

27 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Appalling vacuous cliche plus terrible spelling alert. 

I did say I would leave it but go on then without googling it name ten important European members. Oh and thanks for the spelling lesson. I’m just a thick xenophobic racist remember. 

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I did say I would leave it but go on then without googling it name ten important European members. Oh and thanks for the spelling lesson. I’m just a thick xenophobic racist remember. 

Please please stop posting in this thread unless on topic.  I for one am here to get away from all this nonsense and discuss Sheffield Wednesday nonsense!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

27 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Rickygoo - please don't answer, let it go!

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, djorkaeff said:

The rubbish is very much from remain thanks. Threats of economic Armageddon- just like when we didn’t join the Euro completely made up. 

Self determination is a basic human right. 

Forcing upon us this one nation, flag is nothing but nationalism. Nationalism is a group of people, religion, nation, political union etc. 

If its just free trade, deal if it’s power - absolutely not. Simple really. 

Just a last word on this - Wow, what a rant and complete b******t.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Karl Darlow 13 appearances in the last 2 seasons combined. 

59 appearances in the last 4 seasons combined. 

Not good. 

Agreed, and that Keiren Westwood only made 10 appearances in the two seasons combined before he joined us, and only 60 appearances in the four seasons combined before he joined us.

Absolutely appalling appearance record. Personally, I don't understand why these players didn't start more games as their club's number 2 goalkeepers. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Agreed, and that Keiren Westwood only made 10 appearances in the two seasons combined before he joined us, and only 60 appearances in the four seasons combined before he joined us.

Absolutely appalling appearance record. Personally, I don't understand why these players didn't start more games as their club's number 2 goalkeepers. 

Wasn't Darlow Newcastle No1 the season they got promoted to the Premier League. When we played them Boxing Day, I seem to remember he had a blinder. Was tipped to become an England regular that season - then like most English players when there team get promotion to the premier league they get behind all the foreign imports coming in and new get a chance to show what they can do.

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wasn't Darlow Newcastle No1 the season they got promoted to the Premier League. When we played them Boxing Day, I seem to remember he had a blinder. Was tipped to become an England regular that season - then like most English players when there team get promotion to the premier league they get behind all the foreign imports coming in and new get a chance to show what they can do.

Yeah I think he was, then his form fell away dramatically 

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't know for certain, but looking at his league appearances for Newcastle the season after promotion he was definitely number 2. First league appearance at the end of December and then he didn't play again until April where it looks like he saw the rest of the season out (total of 9 league appearances).

Darlow situation very much reminds me of when Westwood signed for us. Decent number 2 keeper hitting his prime years being kept on the bench  and both parties are willing to part ways to let the number 2 get first team footie. Darlow's already proven himself to be one of the better goalkeepers in the league at Championship level, we'd be mad not to pass up on an opportunity like this if it presents itself. 

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

We and other nations do, obviously. That's the whole point. No one power in charge. Trust our lot at your peril. 

So we dont trust them to run it but trust them to check somebody else running it?