Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Im saying if he is doing that he should still be looking to maximise other commercial revenue, I don’t agree he should be doing that.

btw , how on earth do you think big sponsorship like let’s say “Nike “ ( just as you mentioned them rather than anyone else ) comes about? 

Do you think because all of a sudden we are in the prem these big sponsors come knocking on our door?

trust me they don’t, they didn’t when football sponsorship was all the rage let alone now when even the big brands have to justify spend and corporate relationships. 

You have to build that side side of the business, if he takes us up which hopefully he will we are goi g to be years behind everyone else in terms of relationship building with potential sponsors. 

Big sponsors dont come knocking no. which is why I put in my post you have to be a big club to get a decent one.

But until we are in the premier league we need as much money now as we can get so I believe he did the right thing getting a better deal through himself or whatever he did then seeking it elsewhere as I am sure he tried to get it  elsewhere but it just wasn't worth doing.

14 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

This transfer thread is again running well off subject. In my honest opinion DC is an honourable man with good intentions for the club. The constant doom mongering , sniping and in some cases total untruths really does beggar belief. Please get the season started so the amateur accountants, managers , and paragons of doom can become a back number to what happens out on the field.

You wait till first match squad is announced fella,they'll be over it like flies round a fresh pile...............................................always makes me smile anyway.

55 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The constant doom mongering , sniping and in some cases total untruths really does beggar belief

Unfortunaty it's what happens when you refuse to communicate and create a vacuum. People will fill it with all kinds of detritus.

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, fair enough if you think that huge, electronic advertising hoardings flashing the name of a taxi company with no cars and a sports drink company with nothing to sell is not at best amusing and at worst embarrassing, I will leave it with you. I would prefer DC to use real businesses that his family own in East Asia to get the same money into the club and the advertising space can be used for smaller commercial activity if there is any.

I couldn't care less what's on the advertising boards. I'm there to support the team.

Naturally i show an interest in off the field activity but not to the extent of caring if i can order a taxi or get the energy drink. In the grand scheme of things it hold no relevance.

Anyway, any incomings?

The various companies may be shells. But all he wants to do is invest money into the club when the powers that be question whether he should be able to. It may be a questionable move, to comply with some dodgy rules which allow teams to come from the league above with more to spend than anyone else.

id say it’s all farcical rather than unethical and we’re not the only ones.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

The various companies may be shells. But all he wants to do is invest money into the club when the powers that be question whether he should be able to. It may be a questionable move, to comply with some dodgy rules which allow teams to come from the league above with more to spend than anyone else.

id say it’s all farcical rather than unethical and we’re not the only ones.

It was supposed to be about stopping clubs going under.

DC has money he wishes to invest into the club, so it's sustainable if he has the money to spend, and he's trying to find a way to spend it.

Meanwhile, it's hardly fair play when others can spend much more.

P&S, FFP, or neither...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Unfortunaty it's what happens when you refuse to communicate and create a vacuum. People will fill it with all kinds of detritus.

Boots do a cream for that. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

You wait till first match squad is announced fella,they'll be over it like flies round a fresh pile...............................................always makes me smile anyway.

Win the first 3 and DC will be a god. Lose the first 3 and he is lower than what a stray dog leaves on the field. Its the owlstalk way.

8 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

The communication will be poured over, torn apart and a new vacuum will appear.  People will fill it with all kinds of detritus.  So it will continue.

Thanks for detritus gonna use it myself if thats ok? :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Leeds United are in the running to sign ex-England defender Gary Cahill, who is a free agent after leaving Chelsea.

He’d be someone worth looking at, if Hector decides to go elsewhere

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hector not in same class. Cahill england centre half Hector Chelsea reserve. Problem is wages unless Cahill says not about money I want to play for my boyhood team. Rarely happens in football. Only Tevez in my memory.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I feel that he would want far too much money for our budget, he was said to be on £100k+ at Chelsea.

Having said that, it makes you wonder how L**d’s can afford him if Jannson really left in order for them to balance the books?

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

The communication will be poured over, torn apart and a new vacuum will appear.  People will fill it with all kinds of detritus.  So it will continue.

Thanks for detritus gonna use it myself if thats ok? :biggrin:

Uh-oh - is 'detritus' going to be this season's 'hapless'?

:duntmatter:

18 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Can some moderator / admin clean this thread up as is starting to get seriously off topic now.

Either that or rename the thread to random bullshite and start another transfer thread.

That's pretty much what these 'Official Transfer Rumour Threads' are shorthand for, though - they're a handy place to file the best part of four months' worth of random nonsense without cluttering up the rest of the site.

As soon as anything actually happens, someone will start a new thread about it.