Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

If he goes he goes.

He'll bag a pay rise but is probably more likely to be sacked in the near future. Newcastle are, at best, as competitive in their league financially as we are in ours, so he won't be operating with freedom, really.

Be reyt.

9 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

If he goes he goes.

He'll bag a pay rise but is probably more likely to be sacked in the near future. Newcastle are, at best, as competitive in their league financially as we are in ours, so he won't be operating with freedom, really.

Be reyt.

But he’ll probably get a decent wedge in compensation

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But he’ll probably get a decent wedge in compensation

Yeah. Part of the notional pay rise. "I'm guaranteed £4M just for moving" kind of thing.

And you can't really judge him for that. That's a big bump on his pension fund.

Edited by WC1Owl

4 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I thought that the upper limit for salary was £12k PW when under the umbongo....who thinks Westwood is on less than that???

Borner probably is

Not sure this all rings true?

You can resign players under a soft embargo 

players can only be signed on a free under a wage cap if it satisfies the EFL I think the rumoured amount is under 12 or 10k per week in wages 

:Chansiri:This man deserves some respect ,We said we wanted Bruce ,He gave Bruce compassionate  leave ,And had to pay him £2 million a year to get him.I would not want to work for Ashley ,That said if I was a boyhood Geordie I would jump at the chance to manage them.Think back to Wilkinson and Megson both owls .Wilder at united ,Dean Smith at Villa .Chansiri has done his best for us ,I hope Bruce stays ,But the lure to manage the team you support must pull on the Heart strings .I just wish we had an up and coming young manager who was Wednesday 24/7.

4 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

:Chansiri:This man deserves some respect ,We said we wanted Bruce ,He gave Bruce compassionate  leave ,And had to pay him £2 million a year to get him.I would not want to work for Ashley ,That said if I was a boyhood Geordie I would jump at the chance to manage them.Think back to Wilkinson and Megson both owls .Wilder at united ,Dean Smith at Villa .Chansiri has done his best for us ,I hope Bruce stays ,But the lure to manage the team you support must pull on the Heart strings .I just wish we had an up and coming young manager who was Wednesday 24/7.

We Have

garymegson

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Actually giving the fans what they wanted turned out to be one of DCs best decisions and even if SB goes it won't have cost him anything unlike so many of his other moves.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Can we please ban any next manager threads? The suggestions really mess with my head.

Yeah right after all the bullshido name drops you've made all summer...

Hughton.