Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

I think the pigs will have a good start but it will take the teams in the premier league a couple of months to figure out Wilders tactics & they’ll start to crumble around December time.

I'm expecting crumbled by Octember time. :Sid:

Guest Ash76

Seriously, why does it matter whether you can order a f*cking D Taxi or not?

Someone mentioned it’s embarrassing, why? Certainly not as embarrassing as some of the petulant 5hite that gets posted on here 

16 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Tbf I don’t think it’s the right thing to do and personally I don’t like it, a lot of our fans are not bothered as long as it gives us an advantage which again is each fans individual right to ignore the morality of it as officially we are only bending rules. 

My my main concern though is if Chansiri leaves anytime soon or even a few years down the line, we have neglected to develop relationships with potential sponsors and for the kind of levels of sponsorship you need in football they sometimes take years to develop and nurture.

it might not hurt us now but it could hurt our future revenue streams if we eventually need them with new owners or if indeed Chansiri decides to stop doing what he’s doing, ie/ funding these sponsorships himself. 

If DC does get us promoted there will be queue of companies lining up with sponsorship deals.

If he doesn't and he gets tired of fighting the EFL and their arbitary rules then conceivably we would be up the creek.

47 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Seriously, why does it matter whether you can order a f*cking D Taxi or not?

Someone mentioned it’s embarrassing, why? Certainly not as embarrassing as some of the petulant 5hite that gets posted on here 

Because for posters like yourself, it's impossible to see the bigger picture. What lies behind certain actions and deeds? I am trying to establish my own business in the UK having been based in China for many years. I want to create jobs and prosperity. My business relies on inward and outward investment which, in itself, relies on the movement of currency. I bank with the HSBC. My relationship manager keeps telling me about ever burgeoning controls on movement of funds, a lot of which is created by foreign nationals registering shell businesses to move capital from one country to another. It affects my livelihood and, though I do not think DC is doing this with sinister or underhand objectives, the business model he is using reflects some of the business practices the bank is describing. I would be more than happy for him to use existing family connections and businesses to do what he is doing but setting up companies like D-Taxis and Elev8 comes across to me as unethical and bad practice.

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Thanks 1

Some of the things that go off around football with tapping up , dodgy agents and the modern equivalent of brown envelopes involving big sums of money and some of our fans getting excited about a few theoretical companies. 

Chansiri may may be a bit naive but if anything he is too honest in my eyes

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Too honest? Mate, with all due respect we have two made up sponsors and have just sold the ground to ourselves. Who are we judging him against in terms of honesty? Pinocchio? Sep blatter?  

I don’t expect all of our fans to be bothered about the morality of what’s going on and that’s each fans choice but too honest lol 

Everything you mention is within the rules and is totally visible to anybody who wants to find out.

Open and transparent , discussed openly on a fans forum.

As I said, they are nothing in comparison to some of the very dodgy things that happen in our game .

Guest Ash76
36 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Because for posters like yourself, it's impossible to see the bigger picture. What lies behind certain actions and deeds? I am trying to establish my own business in the UK having been based in China for many years. I want to create jobs and prosperity. My business relies on inward and outward investment which, in itself, relies on the movement of currency. I bank with the HSBC. My relationship manager keeps telling me about ever burgeoning controls on movement of funds, a lot of which is created by foreign nationals registering shell businesses to move capital from one country to another. It affects my livelihood and, though I do not think DC is doing this with sinister or underhand objectives, the business model he is using reflects some of the business practices the bank is describing. I would be more than happy for him to use existing family connections and businesses to do what he is doing but setting up companies like D-Taxis and Elev8 comes across to me as unethical and bad practice.

So you're not embarrassed then?

Just now, Ash76 said:

So you're not embarrassed then?

Only in as much as the main club sponsor is the surname of the owner and the two main commercial deals are companies that don't even trade. If you take off the blue and white specs, that does come across as the epitome of tinpotedness but then there will still be plenty that will defend it.

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Only in as much as the main club sponsor is the surname of the owner and the two main commercial deals are companies that don't even trade. If you take off the blue and white specs, that does come across as the epitome of tinpotedness but then there will still be plenty that will defend it.

It doesn't need defending, there's nothing wrong  with it 

38 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Corporate sponsorship isn’t like it used to be, yeah we might get a few mainstream revenues in corporate if we go up but most clubs are developing the relationships with bigger and medium companies over a period of time, to me it would seem we aren’t. 

If Chansiri sells up it doesn’t have to mean we are up the creek although things like this leave a club less desirable to buyers when potential revenue streams have been left to rot. 

All i am saying  is we shouldn't be ignoring that side and we should be developing to maximise revenues if Chansiri is successful and we do indeed go up. 

The reason Chansiri decided to do all the sponsorship himself so to speak is because they are not worth the paper they are written on unless you are a premier league club. And even then you have to be a half decent one.

You talking as if Chansiri is screwing us out of a multi million pound deal with Nike.

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

It doesn't need defending, there's nothing wrong  with it 

Aye, fair enough if you think that huge, electronic advertising hoardings flashing the name of a taxi company with no cars and a sports drink company with nothing to sell is not at best amusing and at worst embarrassing, I will leave it with you. I would prefer DC to use real businesses that his family own in East Asia to get the same money into the club and the advertising space can be used for smaller commercial activity if there is any.

This transfer thread is again running well off subject. In my honest opinion DC is an honourable man with good intentions for the club. The constant doom mongering , sniping and in some cases total untruths really does beggar belief. Please get the season started so the amateur accountants, managers , and paragons of doom can become a back number to what happens out on the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1