The battle commences on this Saturday, 

Can Brucie pull off a phenomenon, 

When most are believin' the season is gone, 

Assume battle stations, and wind in yer necks, 

We ain't about to be clearing the decks, 

This seasons run in, is still full of intrigue, 

Clamber aboard HMS Pisstheleague. 

GO FOR IT !!! 

We still lack some real pace in this team Hutchinson gives us that bit of bite we’ve been lacking but with out speed down the flanks were never going to be that dangerous. Joao gives us the option uptop but it depends what Joao turns up to what we get FF and matias have some speed but not enough to really worry anyone maybe matias FF is more quick feet and thinking rather than explosive. I’d love to see some proper speed all down both sides but I can’t see it happening. We have good indervidual players all capable of doing something good we just lack penetration and sometimes that direct whippet like a helan or JJ is enough to break through when there pressing higher or enough to keep them pegged back another 10 yards we must be the easiest team to play  against fir the opposition full backs. The sooner we start getting nearer there box quicker the more goals we will score. It seems to take an age to get there when we finally doamd there defences have their shape back. That’s why we generally have to rely on the wonder goal 

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

In all honesty I can't see things changing that much. We've had a taster of Bruce's tactics & systems since Luton. The only extra thing that I can see the man himself adding is the motivational input.

I'm not holding my breath.

Agree he’s limited with what he can do with current squad but don’t underestimate the difference a real leader might make. Can’t remember the last time we started a game fired up, on the front foot and ripping into the opposition.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Aim for top half this season and a win against Sheffield United thinks a realistic aim for rest of season.

Agreed, considering the first half of the season I think to beat the pigs and finish in the top half of the table would be a decent end to the season.

Also he now needs to have one eye on building towards next season, identifying areas for improvement so that we can hit the ground running next season. 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

We still lack some real pace in this team Hutchinson gives us that bit of bite we’ve been lacking but with out speed down the flanks were never going to be that dangerous. Joao gives us the option uptop but it depends what Joao turns up to what we get FF and matias have some speed but not enough to really worry anyone maybe matias FF is more quick feet and thinking rather than explosive. I’d love to see some proper speed all down both sides but I can’t see it happening. We have good indervidual players all capable of doing something good we just lack penetration and sometimes that direct whippet like a helan or JJ is enough to break through when there pressing higher or enough to keep them pegged back another 10 yards we must be the easiest team to play  against fir the opposition full backs. The sooner we start getting nearer there box quicker the more goals we will score. It seems to take an age to get there when we finally doamd there defences have their shape back. That’s why we generally have to rely on the wonder goal 

We lack ANY pace in this team .

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

So what are they from DC? 

No cup run now to have a go at, no real incomings or even outgoings for that matter 

Will DC have instructed Bruce to go for it, or use this season now to bed in his style and plans for next year? 

What does this mean?

'go for it' .. rather than what? not going for it? Bruce decides how we will play each game whether we are in the cup or not.

if a defensive formation is the best way to nick a 1-0 away from home SB may well use them tactics at times, doesnt mean hes not 'going for it'

the manager has his own ways, set in stone from before he got here, he doesnt knock on DCs door every monday morning to be told in what 'style' to play!?

im not trying to be funny here but i honestly dont get the gist of the thread.. you go for it in lots of diff ways to win 3 points 1 game at a time, there is no gung ho approach and massive change of ways cos we dont have the cup to worry about.. is there?

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

So what are they from DC? 

No cup run now to have a go at, no real incomings or even outgoings for that matter 

Will DC have instructed Bruce to go for it, or use this season now to bed in his style and plans for next year? 

We’re not going to do anything this season. No chance.

i hope he sets up a system and style of play for next season so we have summat to look forward to.

8 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

What does this mean?

'go for it' .. rather than what? not going for it? Bruce decides how we will play each game whether we are in the cup or not.

if a defensive formation is the best way to nick a 1-0 away from home SB may well use them tactics at times, doesnt mean hes not 'going for it'

the manager has his own ways, set in stone from before he got here, he doesnt knock on DCs door every monday morning to be told in what 'style' to play!?

im not trying to be funny here but i honestly dont get the gist of the thread.. you go for it in lots of diff ways to win 3 points 1 game at a time, there is no gung ho approach and massive change of ways cos we dont have the cup to worry about.. is there?

I say go for it as in the manner of setting us up not to lose

Which we did at Hull - we Barely crosses over the halfway line, it was an utter shambles of a way to setup 

We need to go out and go for the win, no draws and we might stand a chance of rocketing up the table

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

I say go for it as in the manner of setting us up not to lose

Which we did at Hull - we Barely crosses over the halfway line, it was an utter shambles of a way to setup 

We need to go out and go for the win, no draws and we might stand a chance of rocketing up the table

yeah i saw the Hull game, and i get that tbf. 

i dont think DC will be havin a word with SB re tactics though. and i still think we may try and win games while playing in a negative manner. especially with this squad.

our results will improve, but not sure if it will be that pretty to watch.