Bruce’s instructions from here

By going for it I hope we don’t go for ultra defensive don’t lose before win approach - that was awful to watch at Hull and even against Chelsea to an extent 

Nobody to fear - play on the front foot with Fletch Fessi and Joao in the mix and we will score goals 

No hutch and Joey in the side together for  love of god 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Go for it. It's what he's been brought in for. Induce the juice Bruce. 

ATTACK !!!  ATTACK !!!  ATTACK !!! 

Agree - we aren’t going down that’s for sure 

Have we got 18 to play? 12 wins would be nice - we really have got to start managing games properly to go for it going forward. Draws are absolutely meaningless from here - if we’re drawing a game at 60 mins we should be the team to alter the tactics to go for the win and not wait the game out for something to happen 

let’s go for it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

I dont consider the words 'go for it' connected with 'ultra defensive' and as for Pelupessy, hes very limited and shouldnt get a look in if Sammy stays fit.

I still can believe he got 70min Vs Chelsea, when we had FF MM and LJ sat waiting on bench 

50 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

By going for it I hope we don’t go for ultra defensive don’t lose before win approach - that was awful to watch at Hull and even against Chelsea to an extent 

Nobody to fear - play on the front foot with Fletch Fessi and Joao in the mix and we will score goals 

No hutch and Joey in the side together for  love of god 

he'll be tight at the back, it's the first move.

43 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Play three up front, not including Nuhiu.  

Give Jao more game time.  Forget this boot it up front Mullarkey.

tell the players to forget the coco malarkey, you 'sussed' it nigh on 3 years ago.

get the ball to our forwards asap to give them the best opportunity to strike the opposition whilst they are still short of the players they have upfield.

stop our least skilled players (ball control wise) having the ball in front of our own penalty area inviting pressure for the bulk of the time.

stop aimlessly passing it from attacking positions to our defence and even to our keeper.

stop using 4/5 men out wide on the flank in short 'pass and move' intricate build ups before crossing (if were lucky) to fletcher heavily marked in the middle because we've used so many men to work the situation on the flank, as we haven't a winger capable of beating the f/b.

source a forward with pace, to feed off fletcher, and enthuse João to use his speed to support that attack.

sell ff and reach to fund it.

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

tell the players to forget the coco malarkey, you 'sussed' it nigh on 3 years ago.

get the ball to our forwards asap to give them the best opportunity to strike the opposition whilst they are still short of the players they have upfield.

stop our least skilled players (ball control wise) having the ball in front of our own penalty area inviting pressure for the bulk of the time.

stop aimlessly passing it from attacking positions to our defence and even to our keeper.

stop using 4/5 men out wide on the flank in short 'pass and move' intricate build ups before crossing (if were lucky) to fletcher heavily marked in the middle because we've used so many men to work the situation on the flank, as we haven't a winger capable of beating the f/b.

source a forward with pace, to feed off fletcher, and enthuse João to use his speed to support that attack.

sell ff and reach to fund it.

Was with you all the way till the last sentence. 

Bruce isn't going to wave a magic wand and suddenly we play beautiful attacking football, hammering teams 3 or 4 nil every week. 

Bruce isn't that type of manager anyway, and attacking football is not our priority. Playing effective and winning football is the priority, and if that means it being a bit dour at times then so be it. 

It's going to take time, and i hope fans adjust their expectation levels accordingly. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mycroft said:

Was with you all the way till the last sentence. 

MAYBE the time will come that it has to be funded, IF so then the 'nettle' will have to be grasped.

if not those two, who can we realistically raise money on?

besides both might not be the type of player he requires in m/f build up.

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Bruce isn't going to wave a magic wand and suddenly we play beautiful attacking football, hammering teams 3 or 4 nil every week. 

Bruce isn't that type of manager anyway, and attacking football is not our priority. Playing effective and winning football is the priority, and if that means it being a bit dour at times then so be it. 

It's going to take time, and i hope fans adjust their expectation levels accordingly. 

It bloody well should be

It'll be interesting to see see if we get more of this slow defencive stuff from the last couple of weeks since his assistants have been in charge. 

For me Bruce is normally a defencive, boring, labourius counter attacking manager that plays safety first football, so I think a few here are going to be very disappointed. 

Looking at February fixtures, it's a bit of a gift in many ways, I know you can't disrespect teams at the bottom of the league but 5 of the next 6 games are teams below us. Swansea at home our most difficult fixture based on league position. With a new manager and players hopefully up for it, we should be aiming for top half by March IMO.

Quietly confident with an air of caution!