Mark Lawrenson still hates us

Wouldn’t say he hates us.

I would say he’s the worst pundit to give that gig to though. Never ever sticks his neck out unless it’s Liverpool. Goes 2-0 or 2-1 to the favourite every time. If not clear favourite, 1-1.

Yet, the BBC have let him do it for years.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Lawro's commentary or more accurately his additional comments are usually dry and sarcastic.

I still prefer sky coverage it's much more professional. Most commentators on sky are pretty knowledgeable . 

Might have to try to cinq JP and Rob on ifollow with the tv if I get fed up with the BBC.

I think you can usually chose a commentary on a red button with BBC.

Just hoping for a good effort from the team and perhaps a lucky beak like a 5th minute penalty for us and Hazard getting sent off for his 10th dive in the first 15 minutes. 

Come on Wednesday let's show these southern fancy dans that there is still life left in our grand old club. 

You won't keep a locked sync because of quantum events... I've asked about this in another thread and jamsandwich and another brainy Herbert explained why.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Not sure I understand you Costello. That's nothing unusual though.:wacko:

What I meant was to play ifollow on laptop while watching BBC. It's a case of pausing live action until ifollow catches up. Used to be up to 5 minutes but it's down to about 2 minutes normally on my set up.

Can get a bit confusing if not synced exactly.

Ifollow Commentary.........Reach scores a screamer in the 60th minute from 35yards

BBC.......its all over....Sheffield Wednesday win 1-0.

If you want to keep resynching ...then crack on.

Unless it's Pearson I have the sound off... I've a better chance of hearing my analytical monologue.....

24 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

What about a 2-1 win? Ladbrokes are giving 25/1!

Worth a fiver.

I was surprised to see Sky Bet had us beating Chelsea at shorter odds than Burnley beating City.

Sod it, only a fiver. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Didn't you pull this stunt when we played Swansea away last year. 

When Lawro went to great lengths to point out we were ravaged by injury and we're doing the best we can.

The same Lawro who tipped us to win the prem in 94.

Your OP should read I hate Lawro. 

That's not actually true. He was saying how poorly we were playing when his co-commentator (not sure who) pointed out how many injuries we had to which Lawrenson replied "But are they really injured?" He was told they were. 

I don't mind Lawrenson.  Delivers  pithy comment on the modern game in the style of a camp 1980's gentleman's  hairdresser. That's his gig. 

The sarcasm drips from every comments as another player takes a massive dive in the penalty box.

I prefer him it to the recently retired pundits who darent say anything negative because they still have freinds playing

I don't think he hates us. I suspect like many of us he just hates what he's seen modern football becoming. 

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Didn't you pull this stunt when we played Swansea away last year. 

When Lawro went to great lengths to point out we were ravaged by injury and we're doing the best we can.

The same Lawro who tipped us to win the prem in 94.

Your OP should read I hate Lawro. 

Largely agree, although I thought he had no idea about our injuries last year.

51 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

That's not actually true. He was saying how poorly we were playing when his co-commentator (not sure who) pointed out how many injuries we had to which Lawrenson replied "But are they really injured?" He was told they were. 

I heard what I heard. If you want to go ask him maybe he'll clarify.

The point is, he doesn't hate us does he.