Would you take a draw?

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

A draw would be a great result and another decent payout but less lucrative than the first game (it'd be a lower attendance, and if it was on TV the broadcast fee for the replay is half of what it was for the original game)  -  but if we win on the day rather than letting them equalise just to give the Chelsea players the chance of a lifetime to play at Hillsborough then there'd be a guaranteed £180k prize money and then the prospect of an even bigger payday in the next round. Of course we could just as easily get  Brentford away...

The big money comes when you get to the quarter final.

All prize money in the FA Cup is doubled this season which is why a few more teams taking it seriously.  This is down to the bumper new TV deal the FA signed for international broadcast rights, but does mean we get all the weird kick off times. 

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Obviously a win is the best result but a draw then a win would be even better!  I think Hillsborough would be full and it would be on TV because an upset would be vaguely possible.

It's a cert to be on the telly if the BBC didn't learn their lesson after Swansea.:carlosswfc:

5 hours ago, sternlad said:

Yep...take the draw all day. Totally doable as long as we don’t do the “play off final freeze”. Think all the players will be up for this as it’s a chance to shine in front of a big crowd and TV audience. Hope they don’t tinker about with the formation as Hector not there, straight swap for Thorniley/ Pudil. They should have sorted this already and been practising in training with the line up that will start, especially at the back. Watched highlights of Chelsea v Florists, and Chelsea had a decent side out that day, they played with a lot of pace which might be a problem for our full backs and midfield. Has Fabregas left Chelsea now? They were on about him playing his last game for Chelsea v The Florists...is that right?

Yea hes at monaco with henry

Not fully sure I understand the question. A better one might be would you settle if offered for losing by three ie hit something like par and remove the risk of humiliation. 

A draw opens up the significant chance of a really grim night at Hillsborough so in that sense you might not want it. But there's some cash to be had and the outside prospect so why not. 

Yes, of course.

I would be over the moon if we scored first, regardless of how many they go on to score. Seeing their scoreboard state 'Chelsea 0 - 1 Sheff Wed' would be a joy for me, no matter how short lived.

But to have them back at ours would be fantastic.