Chairman’s statement

5 minutes ago, pussface said:

Two questions:

If you were the chairman of a club entering financial difficulty and a transfer embargo...

and another team offered you £2m for an unproven youth striker who you don't think is worth their demanded £xk per week contract,..

Wouldn't you just sell him?!

If you were the chairman of a club entering financial difficulty and a transfer embargo...

and you have players on substantial contracts not getting game time,,,

Wouldn't you sanction their sales or loans?!

I'm sure there are reasons to say 'No' to both, but I'm struggling to think of any right now.

I'm really desperate to sell some players, please make any offer you like and I will accept ? :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's the problem with the modern game. Too many of the good words have been lost.

For every 'togger' that has been consigned to the history books a new terrible phrase or word has entered in it's place.

The dreaful "Presser" being top of my hate list.

And of course, the awful, nauseating .... "baller" and "tekkers"

giphy.gif

add   In DC (or whoever) I trust    and  110%   aaaaargh 

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

If his parent club wanted to off load him I very much doubt they'd be asking top dollar in wages from a club that could potentially take him off their hands if the loan is a success, I'm sure also we wouldn't have bought in a loan player who was earning £5k more than the highest earner at the club.

I don't know we did when we signed Jordon Rhodes on loan initially and we paid a loan fee for him. With the Owls currently anything is possible.

53 minutes ago, pussface said:

Two questions:

and another team offered you £2m for an unproven youth striker who you don't think is worth their demanded £xk per week contract,..

Wouldn't you just sell him?!

and you have players on substantial contracts not getting game time,,,

Wouldn't you sanction their sales or loans?!

I'm sure there are reasons to say 'No' to both, but I'm struggling to think of any right now.

And that's why I want fans to be able to by voting shares.

I'm not funding Abdi or Doyen again.

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't know we did when we signed Jordon Rhodes on loan initially and we paid a loan fee for him. With the Owls currently anything is possible.

It wasn't a loan in the usual sense, it was a full deal that was called a loan to defer the payment, it was always a full transfer other than in name.

22 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

And that's why I want fans to be able to by voting shares.

I'm not funding Abdi or Doyen again.

The thing with shares and voting rights is not straight forward though. Often only certain aspects of a companies dealings can be voted on and having more shares gives a bigger entitlement regarding votes.

What is a Voting Right

A voting right is the right of shareholders to vote on matters of corporate policy, including decisions on the makeup of the board of directors, issuing securities, initiating corporate actions and making substantial changes in the corporation's operations. It is common for shareholders to voice their vote by proxy by mailing in their response or by relinquishing their vote to a third party. Unlike the single vote right that individuals commonly possess in democratic governments, the number of votes a shareholder has corresponds to the number of shares he or she owns.

17 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Total and utter over simplified nonsense, there's bar staff, security, cooks (unless this wholesale food cooks itself), cleaners, waiters, the food is eaten in the main suites not the boxes so you have about 50 tables to dress etc. There's a drinks allowance with anything over settled on the day.

You obviously are not aware how it works. For a start they now eat in the box's served by one waitress. The drinks allowance is £75 between 10 people that doesn't go far at hotel prices. Security, cooks and waiting staff are already there being paid so no extra wages. They just have to work harder for a change. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mountain Owl said:

You obviously are not aware how it works. For a start they now eat in the box's served by one waitress. The drinks allowance is £75 between 10 people that doesn't go far at hotel prices. Security, cooks and waiting staff are already there being paid so no extra wages. They just have to work harder for a change. 

Why are they already there? If there were no boxes they wouldn't be needed, strange. Our company had a box up to the relegation season (last game v Palace) but I've not been in one since DC took over.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Why are they already there? If there were no boxes they wouldn't be needed, strange. Our company had a box up to the relegation season (last game v Palace) but I've not been in one since DC took over.

About 7/8 of the box's are being utilised on match day. Because of the lack of tacke up they are now being sold as one off matches and also the community side use them. Believe me the staff are not stretched on the 3rd floor match day but there is limited activity.

22 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If we had won the play off final all would have been rosy.

But it's what happened after the playoff final that I'm talking about. All fine to that point aye! We spent a few quid, got some real quality in but it wasn't out of control. 

Not hindsight really, I believed at the time that DC was a sensible fella, he was on it and had finances under control. Always seemed a bit mad to spend that much on one player (Rhodes) but if we can afford it... why not? Ah right because it turns out we can't actually afford it :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

What a carry-on. 

The chairman's latest drunken rant is published and then the following day we are linked with a winger from Fulham. 

Oh, and Agnew says no one is going. 

Ths club. 

Im starting to think we have become a working definition of a basket case club. 

Literally no idea, whats going on. If thats the plan, its worked a bloody treat. 

Im expecting a bruce doppelganger to turn up on feb the 1st.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Literally no idea, whats going on. If thats the plan, its worked a bloody treat. 

The Bruce??...Thats the bit that baffles me a little bit...

If what DC is saying is the whole factual situation at the club, and he doesn't come across to me as someone who deliberately tells untruths...maybe someone who overcompensates for failures a bit, dresses them up in a coat of excuses....but..If what he has told us...he has told Steve Bruce...What does Steve Bruce see as the attraction in taking over the reins?

He's hardly "rushed" into the job, for well publicised reasons, but these valid reasons would also be fair enough he said...

"I'm flattered by Wednesdays interest , but its too early to etc etc etc"

So what has attracted Steve bruce to the job?...Its gotta be summat a little more magnetic than the doomsday scenario we all expect hasn't it?

• Like 1

Mr C - "Watch this son, I'm going to have a right laugh here with those Owls Talk numpties by posting some tosh. Just watch them bite"

Att - "Ha ha good one Dad. When are we signing Oliver Burke?"

Mr C - "Last day of the window son. I want to maximise the drama"

Att - "Ha ha. I love you Dad"

Mr C - "I love you too son. Shall we get Grandad to buy Juventus and loan all their players to Wednesday?"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Agnew must wonder what he has got himself into. Already throwing the nowt to do with me lines, at least Bruce can answer them, oh wait no he cant.

Joke

20 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Without going to find the thread, unless your a moron, there is a decent profit on any box being sold at £20/25k per season. 

Ps I do t mean you are a moron, I mean ness the person running that part of the business is a moron lol 

20 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You won't get your point over by calling fellow fans morons.

i didn’t,  I was saying if any club can’t make a profit on a box at £20/25k then the person running that side of the business is a moron.

i did try and make that clear at the end of my comment 

Although any fan thinking we aren’t making a profit at 25k plus...... I wouldn’t go as far as calling them morons because  not everyone is great with figures etc, but I would say they were a bit silly. 

Anyone selling any corporate rate event at that sort of money and not making profit deserves to go out of business 

20 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Yes you did.

I apologise.

Chucking morons about wether it's the fans or club is inflammatory and not helpful.

0F9E6A23-399E-44B4-9CD4-312137F1DC04.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Mr C - "Watch this son, I'm going to have a right laugh here with those Owls Talk numpties by posting some tosh. Just watch them bite"

Att - "Ha ha good one Dad. When are we signing Oliver Burke?"

Mr C - "Last day of the window son. I want to maximise the drama"

Att - "Ha ha. I love you Dad"

Mr C - "I love you too son. Shall we get Grandad to buy Juventus and loan all their players to Wednesday?"

Att.."No dad buy Juventus and loan all Wednesdays players to them.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The Bruce??...Thats the bit that baffles me a little bit...

If what DC is saying is the whole factual situation at the club, and he doesn't come across to me as someone who deliberately tells untruths...maybe someone who overcompensates for failures a bit, dresses them up in a coat of excuses....but..If what he has told us...he has told Steve Bruce...What does Steve Bruce see as the attraction in taking over the reins?

He's hardly "rushed" into the job, for well publicised reasons, but these valid reasons would also be fair enough he said...

"I'm flattered by Wednesdays interest , but its too early to etc etc etc"

So what has attracted Steve bruce to the job?...Its gotta be summat a little more magnetic than the doomsday scenario we all expect hasn't it?

Yeah, i know how you feel. Its like at every turn the waters get muddied a little more. We are often left with more questions. 

What would attract any manager to this job. In essence, the holy grail. The one man or woman to return us to the epl. God like status, would be assured. 

Other than that, god knows. However right now, youve surly got to be questioning it. You could almost imagine the phone call "steve, paul, its steve, what the chuffs he said!"

For a manager who wouldnt work under allam (at hull) because he was basically nuts trying to change the name of the club. Hes come here, with this madness (that we perceive) and you honestly do wonder how long will it last.