Chairman’s statement

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

As stated many time in this link we need new revenue streams as the fans cannot pay for everything. 

New sponsorship options are needed, other sports have sleeve sponsors, sponsors on both the front and back of shirts, a different sponsor for the home and away kit, stadium sponsorship, or stand sponsorship, we could even try to get business or people to sponsor their seats.

How many fans would love to have their name on their seat for a season and maybe pay £50 each for the privilege.

We need new ideas for raising income as the 1867 idea of loan the club money until we get in the premier league then you get a season ticket for x years didn't work last time so why does the club really think it will this time. 

Agree with you 100% but surely this must have been investigated and for whatever reason, the sponsors aren't there.  Surely

5 hours ago, owler66 said:

Personally I think DC will have these rants every now and then, why? not sure but I think as time goes on we'll probably get used to them and take them for what they are 

He probably found the key to the mini bar :stuwinky:

Having had time to digest the statement I feel as confused as before and a lot less confident.

why the club is considering rolling out the 1867 scheme again is baffling, it wasn’t appealing last time and will be less so this time, we will have enough trouble shifting season tickets on the back of two poor seasons and thought should be put into making changes to get as many to renew as possible and a reduction on POTG prices. The only way out of the problems with P& S is to sell players,the fans accept this indeed most of us want the squad refreshed . Selling reach is the most obvious he’s probably the one who would bring in the most money . The others like FF , bannan and jaoa should be considered but only at top dollar. We should be looking to shift some fringe players like Nuhiu and loaning out those out of the picture . What is essential is that we give Bruce the tools to do his job, given money and time he is likely to be successful, given nothing he’s liable to walk 

longer term the club needs to attract outside sponsorships and have a rethink on prices particularly matchday and kids tickets, some investment in stadium and infrastructure wouldn’t go amiss either

8 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Having had time to digest the statement I feel as confused as before and a lot less confident.

why the club is considering rolling out the 1867 scheme again is baffling, it wasn’t appealing last time and will be less so this time, we will have enough trouble shifting season tickets on the back of two poor seasons and thought should be put into making changes to get as many to renew as possible and a reduction on POTG prices. The only way out of the problems with P& S is to sell players,the fans accept this indeed most of us want the squad refreshed . Selling reach is the most obvious he’s probably the one who would bring in the most money . The others like FF , bannan and jaoa should be considered but only at top dollar. We should be looking to shift some fringe players like Nuhiu and loaning out those out of the picture . What is essential is that we give Bruce the tools to do his job, given money and time he is likely to be successful, given nothing he’s liable to walk 

longer term the club needs to attract outside sponsorships and have a rethink on prices particularly matchday and kids tickets, some investment in stadium and infrastructure wouldn’t go amiss either

We'll have to see what this incarnation of 1867 actually is but in the current climate it may be a hard sell. We don't need outside sponsorship, its a pittance and DC is using his own money to sponsor to the limits allowed. The stadium will not change except for minor improvements and essential repairs until we get to the Prem i'd have thought.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry pal your on drugs, we don’t need outside sponsorship, do you ever give up trying to act the class clown? 

The only clown on here is you, if sponsorship brings in that much revenue why hasn't every other chairman since 2000 used this endless supply of dosh to back up the coffers, Lee Strafford gave the shirt sponsorship away to the Childrens Hospital during his reign, I'm sure he didn't turn down Panasonic to do this, our chairman is putting more money in sponsorship than any outside company would be prepared to put into a mid table Championship side. You don't even contribute a few quid to the cause by actually attending matches, seeing as your an expert in the field apply for a job at the club and show us how its all done, until that time don't bother replying to any of my comments with your garbage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The only clown on here is you, if sponsorship brings in that much revenue why hasn't every other chairman since 2000 used this endless supply of dosh to back up the coffers, Lee Strafford gave the shirt sponsorship away to the Childrens Hospital during his reign, I'm sure he didn't turn down Panasonic to do this, our chairman is putting more money in sponsorship than any outside company would be prepared to put into a mid table Championship side. You don't even contribute a few quid to the cause by actually attending matches, seeing as your an expert in the field apply for a job at the club and show us how its all done, until that time don't bother replying to any of my comments with your garbage.

Can’t we have both outside sponsors and the chairman’s ? Surely a separate sponsor on back of shirt, stands sponsoring would bring in extra revenue above what is allowed by EFL by the chairman 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Can’t we have both outside sponsors and the chairman’s ? Surely a separate sponsor on back of shirt, stands sponsoring would bring in extra revenue above what is allowed by EFL by the chairman 

Of course you can, but only if the outside sponsor is prepared to pay more than the owner does. 

Some people would say take the money, surely anything is better than nothing but that's not the case. Taking lesser value sponsorships would have a direct impact on what DC pays. For example, you can't have the name of another sponsor on the rear of the shirt paying only 20% of what DC is paying for the front. It's the same with the ads around the ground, he is clearly paying top end for his ads and you can't sell them to others for a fraction of the price or the whole thing doesn't make sense. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Of course you can, but only if the outside sponsor is prepared to pay more than the owner does. 

Some people would say take the money, surely anything is better than nothing but that's not the case. Taking lesser value sponsorships would have a direct impact on what DC pays. For example, you can't have the name of another sponsor on the rear of the shirt paying only 20% of what DC is paying for the front. It's the same with the ads around the ground, he is clearly paying top end for his ads and you can't sell them to others for a fraction of the price or the whole thing doesn't make sense. 

So basically the rules are testicles 

11 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

So basically the rules are testicles 

The rules don't reflect the realities of trying to run a football club in the Championship I know that. Huge expenses, limited revenues and little leeway. That said, they are the rules and other clubs have worked within them and succeeded. Huddersfield spring to mind. Additionally, as we saw last week (twice) against Luton, it's possible to assemble a good team on a fraction of what we've spent.

Edited by Morepork

6 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry pal your on drugs, we don’t need outside sponsorship, do you ever give up trying to act the class clown? 

The poster you are refering to has a valid point and it should be treated as such.  Calling him a "class clown" and infering that he "is on drugs" does you no favoursat all and makes any further comments by you invalid as a discussion point.

Pointless argument, calm down everyone.

The reason we have sailed close to the wind with P&S is because of a lack of player sales, nothing else. Football transfer fees and wages are out of control.

Our recruitment has been slated on here (rightfully so) but even still, from a finance perspective it's still been ok enough that a few sales at the right time would have seen us break even.

7 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Are you familiar with the word irony ? Because trust me , this post is utter garbage .

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dobbo said:

Pointless argument, calm down everyone.

The reason we have sailed close to the wind with P&S is because of a lack of player sales, nothing else. Football transfer fees and wages are out of control.

Our recruitment has been slated on here (rightfully so) but even still, from a finance perspective it's still been ok enough that a few sales at the right time would have seen us break even.

Exactly 

some absolute bedwetters in here. Everyone was happy with our recruitment at the point of sale 

1 win at Wembley and DC would be labelled a hero and the best thing since sliced bread. Now he’s a clueless buffoon 

We’ve had some shiiite luck with injuries, and yes DC has soughted advice from the wrong people at times

that seems to have been recognised and he’s made a fantastic appointment in Bruce. If he was still being influenced from Doyen etc then surely he would have made another obscure appointment?  

Just bloody wait and see how it pans out. We’ve got a good un in DC, trust 

• Haha 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Exactly 

some absolute bedwetters in here. Everyone was happy with our recruitment at the point of sale 

1 win at Wembley and DC would be labelled a hero and the best thing since sliced bread. Now he’s a clueless buffoon 

We’ve had some shiiite luck with injuries, and yes DC has soughted advice from the wrong people at times

that seems to have been recognised and he’s made a fantastic appointment in Bruce. If he was still being influenced from Doyen etc then surely he would have made another obscure appointment?  

Just bloody wait and see how it pans out. We’ve got a good un in DC, trust 

Trust is earned. 

Chansiri contadicts himself everytime he opens opens his mouth. Then wonders why people don’t trust him. 

8 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Pretty sure this level of post belongs in the Cbeebies section of Owlstalk. 

Good grief. 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Trust is earned. 

Chansiri contadicts himself everytime he opens opens his mouth. Then wonders why people don’t trust him. 

I trust him. It’s people like you being pedantic and picking fault with everything 

I don’t think he’s contradicting himself on purpose. He’s under immense pressure in a foreign country where he doesn’t speak the language that well

if I was in Sweden and having to appease thousands of drama queens in a language I didn’t speak well at all, I’d imagine there would be hiccups 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I trust him. It’s people like you being pedantic and picking fault with everything 

I don’t think he’s contradicting himself on purpose. He’s under immense pressure in a foreign country where he doesn’t speak the language that well

if I was in Sweden and having to appease thousands of drama queens in a language I didn’t speak well at all, I’d imagine there would be hiccups 

Tbf, most people in Sweden speak better English than they do in England lol

Edited by SiJ