Stop the blame game.

The players have had a very easy ride up until now apart from a few chosen, ongoing victims they have had everyone blamed but them for our recent decline.

It is very simple, has nothing to do with who is managing them or their preceived levels of ability, age or fitness - there are large groups of them who in some games do not try hard enough to compete.

That team yesterday is probably our best 11 at the moment.

They can be inconsistent and we do need new players.

I never believe that players don't try. Consistency is what separates the quality players from the average.

It will be hit and miss for the rest the season regardless of who's in charge.

We need a rebuild and it could take a few seasons.

We need to give Bruce time to put a team together and he's going to have to do it without big money signings but hopefully smart buys.

There's no point getting giddy one week and looking to blame the next.

We are just way off being a top six side and that's it.

14 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I've seen plenty of threads and posts blaming and criticising the players and club from the very poster who is now telling us not to blame people. It's human nature to blame others. The players either aren't good enough any more or don't care. Either way that's where the blame lies. Players on the pitch. 

It’s the don’t care bit that really bothers me. Because yesterday some looked exactly like that. It’s fair to be critical of players that aren’t busting a gut and neshing  out of tackles. I can accept players not being good enough, that’s not their fault, but I can’t accept them not trying. If they don’t want to be here, fine, get them moved on, and bring in players who want to be here. You only have to look across the city to see what can be achieved with effort and commitment. 

I’ve not even opened most of them threads since we lost yesterday I just know it will be full of over the top, knee jerk comments that are dramatised and basically makes us come along as thick

we really do look bi-polar at times everybody’s excited about us going on the new direction and then we lose a team in bang in form I’m sure there has been but hoe many teams have won 6 championship games in a row, I’m not sure we’ve ever gone 4 Hull are going to take some stopping is 3-0 a good result he’ll no but considereing where we’ve come from Jos and where we want to be heading I draw a line under that game. I always though after the Birmingham and Hull game was out of the way we could go on a bit of run in league 

let’s see

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I know it's what we do, we look to attribute blame for defeats.

But if Bullen was still in charge we would still have lost. Hull are simply much better than us. 

Agnew is not part of the problem ffs. Let's not project our collective negativity and frustration onto a management team that has barely even got started. 

Stop the blame threads. Stop the 'should have stuck with Bullen' threads. They are premature and poisonous (I know it's a string word but it's true) . Think before you post ffs. 

You are right, lets blame the players instead for not giving a throw

59 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

It does all seem a bit bananas. After apparently strong performances at Boro and WBA there was excitable talk of a play off challenge - which didn't seem massively realistic.

Now there's by all accounts a terrible performance and all hell breaks loose.

Some perspective would be nice.

That is true, but it's undeniable that there were warm bonds of mutual respect between Bullen and the players, which led to extra effort and determination to do it for him.

Bullen has been sidelined for his pains although he knew them extremely well and they are now in the hands of another caretaker whom they do not know , only for three weeks,  with no doubt a decent guy acting for a boss who is on holiday and they are being set up with the old emphasis on an isolated striker and midfield dawdling.

That being said, WBA were handicapped by a key striker being injured and another one sent off so maybe Bullen was lucky there.

However, the drop in energy and decline in defending as a team seems obvious.

Looking at the Agnew/Bullen threads; it seemed that most were suggesting that it was the tactics not the personnel that was the problem yesterday. I've no idea on this as i wasn't there, but the new coaching team will want to look at the options available to them. It may be that Bullen already knew the answer, having experienced the issues this time last year. He has the scars so perhaps he learnt from this and managed some creadiable results with the same personnel.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Looking at the Agnew/Bullen threads; it seemed that most were suggesting that it was the tactics not the personnel that was the problem yesterday. I've no idea on this as i wasn't there, but the new coaching team will want to look at the options available to them. It may be that Bullen already knew the answer, having experienced the issues this time last year. He has the scars so perhaps he learnt from this and managed some creadiable results with the same personnel.

We've struggled all season against sides that press well. 

Been made to look really bad. 

Not all teams can do it, but those that can really expose us. I think it might be more than just tactics but personnel. 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

I know it's what we do, we look to attribute blame for defeats.

But if Bullen was still in charge we would still have lost. Hull are simply much better than us. 

Agnew is not part of the problem ffs. Let's not project our collective negativity and frustration onto a management team that has barely even got started. 

Stop the blame threads. Stop the 'should have stuck with Bullen' threads. They are premature and poisonous (I know it's a string word but it's true) . Think before you post ffs. 

I know it's what we do, we look to attribute blame for defeats. Human nature and opinions.

But if Bullen was still in charge we would still have lost. Hull are simply much better than us. Maybe but expectations had become high under Bullen with a string of decent results, much needed points and playing with passion.

Agnew is not part of the problem ffs. Let's not project our collective negativity and frustration onto a management team that has barely even got started. Sorry but yesterday it was. So fit to change the set up and play players out of their natural positions. Absolute ZERO attempts on goal says it all.

Stop the blame threads. Stop the 'should have stuck with Bullen' threads. They are premature and poisonous (I know it's a string word but it's true) . Think before you post ffs. Agree blame threads are not good but to be expected, as this is a forum for fans to express their views and maybe, just maybe, it may have been a different game under Bullen but Que Sera.

Just now, Beholder said:

We've struggled all season against sides that press well. 

Been made to look really bad. 

Not all teams can do it, but those that can really expose us. I think it might be more than just tactics but personnel. 

I agree - the team lacks pace; strength and resiliance. For example, it didn't need Giddings to remind us that we'd be unlikely to get a result out of yesterday's game at 0-2 after 55 mins. 

Contrast this with the pigs and say Leeds - they'd be changes on the pitch and they'd go gun hoe for 20 odd minutes to the last seconds of injury time. 

We simply give up and collectively the heads go down. It's like a disease at Wednesday and the fans can't be blamed 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I blame the players.

New coaching staff in and they revert to type. 

This. 

Its the realisation that the players don't seem to care and haven't for a long time. 

I watched Leeds on Friday and our attitude is a million miles away from them. Yet on paper our squad is better. Same with the pigs. 

Our players turn up every few games then go missing. Thats must be the standard of the highest paid players in the league and the highest paying supporters. 

• Thanks 1

If the players are not showing the same kind of work rate and energy they had over the xmas period who's to blame? Theyv'e just had a week to recover and should have been up for it more than ever. We as fans have the right to ask the question not just accept what we see in front of us. At least our fans show the passion which in my opinion is lacking on the field more often than not.

Edited by Mountain Owl

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

This. 

Its the realisation that the players don't seem to care and haven't for a long time. 

I watched Leeds on Friday and our attitude is a million miles away from them. Yet on paper our squad is better. Same with the pigs. 

Our players turn up every few games then go missing. Thats must be the standard of the highest paid players in the league and the highest paying supporters. 

Exactly. 

As others have pointed out: this group have got off relatively lightly; this despite producing wretched performances for nearly two seasons. 

They've been able to hide behind Carlos and Jos and live off the fact that they were pretty good for two seasons running. 

Oh, how I hope we have a clear out in the summer. 

Very bored of seeing the same people produce the same inept performances/results over and over again. 

What was it that Einstein said about insanity? 

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This. 

But Leeds didn’t show that before. It’s come about through the coaches ethos, and how he wants the game to be played. 

He wasn’t in charge long enough to make a proper judgement, but Bullen’s philosophy seemed to be, getting his players to play on the front foot. Even in that short space of time, players who had looked uncomfortable playing pedestrian football under Jos, suddenly looked a different proposition. From what we’ve seen in these first two games, the new management structure probably favour a more patient game. A different philosophy

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

But Leeds didn’t show that before. It’s come about through the coaches ethos, and how he wants the game to be played. 

He wasn’t in charge long enough to make a proper judgement, but Bullen’s philosophy seemed to be, getting his players to play on the front foot. Even in that short space of time, players who had looked uncomfortable playing pedestrian football under Jos, suddenly looked a different proposition. From what we’ve seen in these first two games, the new management structure probably favour a more patient game. A different philosophy

Yeah it is down to the coaches and players of course. But we have our manager sorted. Albeit the end of the month. What i mean is that these players have been able to hide under the coach now and not take any responsibility when really they should be doing that in a period of transition like this. They should be staking a claim and busting a gut.

Nah they dont really fancy it though. Get rid of as many as possible in my opinion. And try and build a budget uo for Bruce to build a team.