Jos was right

1 hour ago, pressy said:

Quite obviously the older players are better than the young   unfortunately jos couldnt  see this or didnt want to see this  .The championship is a very tough league in which you need to play your best players and have a settled team . Its not really rocket science ,but jos chose to use our first team games as an u23 game chopping and changing all the time  and became embarrassing to watch ,thank god the experiment is over and weve gone back to basics 

so was he 'a pill*ck'?, 

was he 'stubborn'?,

or was he 'a stubborn pill*ck'?

3 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

And let's not forget the expletives used during a Local Radio Interview...

Highly Disrespectful. ...

He Had to Go !

The man was useless had no clue about english football. His lack of ability and knowledge would have taken this club into division 1 and back 5 years. 

Irvine was dour. Rust ace was out of his depth but a club legend and I hate pleat with a totally irrational passion 

but it none of the put me off going to games. Jo’s did. 

Jo’s was just so boring and so was his football. So for me he was the worst. 

Edited by Plonk

2 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Eustace my have not been an effective manager but he represented the club superbly as a player.... Jos ain’t got that in his mitigation.

His contributiion as a player has nothing to do with it as this isn’t being debated

He was a shocking manager and worse than JL IMO.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Some of the younger players definitely have the potential but trying to play them all at once was always going to be a huge gamble and a risk to the players futures. 

They need more more experienced players around them on the field to nurture and educate them. Help them develop at their own pace rather than chucking them all into the fray with the weight of the supporters expectations on their backs.

im only hoping that their confidence hasn’t been shattered by Jos’ crazy gamble

That will happen only if the new Boss keeps the old guard and brings in more 'Experienced' (ageing) players to act as bed blockers.

With our precarious position with FFP, I can't see Westwood being offered a new, increased contract, but if he is, then Dawson needs to leave the club to further his own career.

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

Jos has cost us the chance to go up in what is probably the most open season for a long time

Very true Andy...

It's one thing having a plan but stubbornly sticking to it despite things changing around you is just idiotic.

That West Brom game at home summed up JL's tenure IMO - putting Kirby on instead of Hutch and relinquishing 3 points that we had sewn up.

Jos reminded me a little of Eustace, 

You just couldn't see where a win was coming from, I rarely shout for a managers head that quickly, but it was patently obvious that things HAD to change.

Relegation is still a spectre, it was taking on more and more substance the longer Jos did whatever  it was he was doing.

We now have a little breathing space, come whatever happens in January, and have to hope its enough.

I'm still looking no further than staying in midtable..It really could have been SO much worse

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

His contributiion as a player has nothing to do with it as this isn’t being debated

He was a shocking manager and worse than JL IMO.

It’s being debated by me... unless you have a rule book that I ain’t seen.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Think tank said:

Started supporting Wednesday in 92.

My two least favourite managers in that time would have to be Irvine and Jos. 

Jewell? Yorath? Shreeves? Turner?

I think what has soiled Jos time with us is the constant squad rotation every game and the marginalization of big name players

He made a decision that didn't work out. Tried but failed. No ill feeling towards him which is strange as I doubt think he was given much of a chance by the board

(1 permanent signing in 2 windows)