Jos was right

Quite obviously the older players are better than the young   unfortunately jos couldnt  see this or didnt want to see this  .The championship is a very tough league in which you need to play your best players and have a settled team . Its not really rocket science ,but jos chose to use our first team games as an u23 game chopping and changing all the time  and became embarrassing to watch ,thank god the experiment is over and weve gone back to basics 

Not to be negative but I’m still nit sure we are good enough to finish top 6 even without Jos, but with a better manager, playing our better players it may have been close.

i think we can aim now for a top 10 finish which would be an achievement.

Edited by Spookone

11 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

Worst manager in 30 plus years....

Eustace was worse - worst one in my time supporting the club but JL has rivalled that this term.

He deserves credit for stabilising us last season and we played well towards the end of it.

But he couldn’t keep the momentum going this term though as it all went south after the international break. 

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Eustace was worse - worst one in my time supporting the club but JL has rivalled that this term.

He deserves credit for stabilising us last season and we played well towards the end of it.

But he couldn’t keep the momentum going this term though as it all went south after the international break. 

Eustace my have not been an effective manager but he represented the club superbly as a player.... Jos ain’t got that in his mitigation.

• Like 1

The only youngster that I think is ready for Championship football at the moment is Thorniley. But he's very much 3rd choice.

Dawson and Baker need loan moves.

Penny is not a left back for me. He needs to bulk up and I think he could make a decent central midfielder!

18 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Whoever advised Mr C to appoint JL should be publically identified, nailed to a wall through their nuts, then left naked to rot through winter. But be provided with the odd bit of bread and water to prolongue the suffering.

this is my alternative solution. :tango:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

this is my alternative solution. :tango:

giphy.gif

Put him in a fridge to protect him from a nucleur explosion, then make a noise to sound like it actually happened, then leave him there for three weeks until he’s finished off the hummus and Philadelphia cheese?

Very inventive my friend. And the only way you’ll get rid of the hummus.

Edited by theowlsman

Guest Jack the Hat
40 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Eustace my have not been an effective manager but he represented the club superbly as a player.... Jos ain’t got that in his mitigation.

Agreed. Jos, eustace and Irvine do stand out . Jos, in the end, came across as disrespectful to the club and some of the players - when the going became tough.

1 hour ago, pressy said:

Quite obviously the older players are better than the young   unfortunately jos couldnt  see this or didnt want to see this  .The championship is a very tough league in which you need to play your best players and have a settled team . Its not really rocket science ,but jos chose to use our first team games as an u23 game chopping and changing all the time  and became embarrassing to watch ,thank god the experiment is over and weve gone back to basics 

Some of the younger players definitely have the potential but trying to play them all at once was always going to be a huge gamble and a risk to the players futures. 

They need more more experienced players around them on the field to nurture and educate them. Help them develop at their own pace rather than chucking them all into the fray with the weight of the supporters expectations on their backs.

im only hoping that their confidence hasn’t been shattered by Jos’ crazy gamble

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Agreed. Jos, eustace and Irvine do stand out . Jos, in the end, came across as disrespectful to the club and some of the players - when the going became tough.

And let's not forget the expletives used during a Local Radio Interview...

Highly Disrespectful. ...

He Had to Go !