Unofficial - Club Not For Sale

There are two ways of saying something is not for sale

you say "it's not for sale"

or you say

"it's for sale and the price I expect to get is £180 million"

both say the same thing in my book

Edited by Ian

It’s another slip (f**k) up, all over the national press. He said something in the heat of the moment that he’s probably half considered over the last few weeks.

To be honest if it’s up for sale then fair enough but I also half expect to hear a retraction or a claim it was lost in translation.......

Imagine working there!!!!! KM must wonder what the hell us going on. I expect her to announce a second pregnancy and leave forthwith. lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

It’s another slip (f**k) up, all over the national press. He said something in the heat of the moment that he’s probably half considered over the last few weeks.

To be honest if it’s up for sale then fair enough but I also half expect to hear a retraction or a claim it was lost in translation.......

Imagine working there!!!!! KM must wonder what the hell us going on. I expect her to announce a second pregnancy and leave forthwith. lol

Well it is panto season.

the club is up for sale

Oh no it isn’t 

Oh yes it is

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, debram said:

Says he will which doesnt mean he has.

He said it with fans and press present, now the press has printed the story, it's official. If he's _not_ going to go through with it, he'll have to make a counter statement through a club statement.

Can't say "I will put the club on the market" last night and expect press not to get a whiff of that story. 

Huge difference being put up for sale and actually being sold though, DC seems to think he'll make a £100 million profit on the sale which I don't see happening, and as a result, he won't be able to sell either unless he accepts taking huge losses.

23 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I thought this too. I don't think he actually meant he is in the process of trying to sell but was more of an emotional reaction. "I'll sell if you want me to go" sort of thing. Unfortunately the press have run with this.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

And club have now effectively confirmed it via their official Twitter feed.

Yep they quoted him as saying "one day you will have a new owner".

Until he said that I would never have believed it.

I thought he was going to be our owner for ever and ever and he had found the secret to eternal life.

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Until he said that I would never have believed it.

I thought he was going to be our owner for ever and ever and he had found the secret to eternal life.

To be fair, to quote Wayne Coyne, 
'Do you realize that everyone you know
Someday will die' 

• Haha 1

He thinks he can sell up and make a profit and at worst break even. Well I have news for him, he might as well write off the 100 million he has put in so far cause there's not a cat in hells chance he will recouperate that amount. Hasn,t he loaned the club some 50 million which is showing on the books as a debt. Can't see any new owner paying him anything like what he wants knowing that the operational costs far outweigh the income. 

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

They also quoted him saying "I will put this club on the market and I believe many people will want to buy"

However like some others have said I'm far from convinced he actually meant it, why not announce it at the beginning of the evening and save himself some hassle, his answers to some tough questions would have been easier then, he could have instead answered along the lines of "Its for a new owner to sort out" when asked about plans for next season and 5 year plans etc

With something as big as that surely he would announce that first thing if it's planned, not towards the end when he's tired and very emotional. 

Saying he expects £100m for the club is as good as saying it's not for sale anyway. 

What was Chansiri thinking on the way to the forum last night?  I mean, its as if he has never ever considered any of the questions put to him before, absolutely no idea and no plan.  He didn't even plan any good sounding bulls*t....just....nothing.  He is a child playing with an expensive toy that he will break eventually.

I don't think he's looking to sell right now. 

I think it was total frustration . Let's face it there was a few knobs there last night . And the fact that he clearly was not very well didn't help.

The tickets should have just gone to season ticket holders and members, I bet there was a few in there who never even attend games. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

100 million he has put in so far cause there's not a cat in hells chance he will recouperate that amount.

All high earners off the books end of season, then sell ff £20M, sell reach £20m, sell bannan £20M, sell fox £40M...plus all the bits and bobs he will easy get his money back, then he'll sail away in a beautiful pea green boat. :biggrin:

Edited by sherlyegg
  • Haha 1