CHANSIRI WE TRUST

As an engineer with a logical mind I just can't understand how anyone can have faith in someone who has since day one had no real solid plans A, B or even C. 

Even the supposed original plan A was change the manager to someone I like and chuck some cash at it. 

This seasons plan was even worse, let's Bury our heads In the sand over the embargo and FFP and look to the heavens whilst praying for a miracle and promotion. I'm not sure this is standard business planning. 

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

He has a lot more experience than us - and admittedly he’s made mistakes,  he’s willing to acknowledge that and learn and all he’s asking for is in return is our trust and support. 

Sheffield Wednesday will always have my support but sorry I dont trust Chansiri.

He is so willing to acknowledge and learn from his mistakes that he has put up the club for sale!!!

Frightening (but not surprising) that fans are still sticking by this guy.

How many other clubs or companies do you think who want success aren't planning on a 5 year timescale? Brighton and Hove Albion are probably planning for the next decade.

The bloke doesn't know the first thing about business, let alone football. 

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think you are missing my point.

Not really - I understand your point completely. However, I don’t thinking likening politics and people being sold down the river with a dressed up democracy vote as being vaguely similar. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Did I really hear him say he doesn't have a plan ?

That for me sums up why he should not be running our club.

Firstly,  thanks very much to Mr Farrell and others by finding facts and forcing Chansiri to consider a sale now.

Looking at today's wires, from Guardian to local press, last night was just about brilliant PR by DC and his mob to tell market we are in play.

I've just done a quick fag packet book value for club at £18 million, with owner also getting all his debts repaid.

Of course, he may be correct and soccer inflation's gone mad so he may get initial investment back too.

Someone call Amanda from Donny.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

He has a lot more experience than us - admittedly he’s made mistakes, but he’s willing to acknowledge that and learn and all he’s asking for in return is our trust and support. 

He’s been in charge 4 years virtually and we are worse off. I’m sorry , that just doesn’t wash . 

In 4 years he’s alienated all the corporate clients , reducing income out of our delapidated ground further . He’s spunked millions on utter rubbish overseen by managers who don’t know what they are doing . 

Hes charged extortionate prices from the word go on the guise of ‘success costs’ , yet despite being the utterly woeful we are still paying more than it costs to watch most champions league teams . Apparently we can’t reduce ticket prices , funny how more we’ll run clubs manage it . 

His my way or the highway attitude stinks , his way is proven to be the wrong way. Maybe if he took his finger out his back side and listened from the word go to those who understand the game , sacked stupid Carlos, and employed an adequate replacement , we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

Hes doesn’t  have my support and he certainly doesn’t have my trust , obviously for the above mentioned reasons . The sooner he goes the better 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Well no because the man running the club doesn’t know how to run the club , and keeping out is not the answer. He’s a walking disaster and something needs to be done before we go back into league one for the third time in 15 years . With the money wasted sorry spent , frankly that would be embarrassing 

All this moaning we have done over the years has not exactly brought success. DC can't win he fronts up and does not hide, but we still criticise call him arrogant.

I believe he thinks he is doing his best and until it works or he sells us   we should at least get behind the team, instead of the toxic atmosphere we currently have at games.

We can have our opinions about the way the club is run but we can't change that, so lets give the players a fighting chance and actually support them on Saturday?

9 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

He has a lot more experience than us - admittedly he’s made mistakes, but he’s willing to acknowledge that and learn and all he’s asking for in return is our trust and support. 

And 700 quid a season for a season ticket. 

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

All this moaning we have done over the years has not exactly brought success. DC can't win he fronts up and does not hide, but we still criticise call him arrogant.

I believe he thinks he is doing his best and until it works or he sells us   we should at least get behind the team, instead of the toxic atmosphere we currently have at games.

We can have our opinions about the way the club is run but we can't change that, so lets give the players a fighting chance and actually support them on Saturday?

Why is it a binary choice to being skint and poo or spending money and being poo? How about we set expectations a little higher and ask for an owner who runs the club sustainably and gives us the best opportunity to compete in a way that won't result in the club being threatened with a possible points deduction.  

17 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

What makes you think he is going to learn? He has already said he wont lower the rip off ticket prices or sack Jos. 

I wonder if he will regret alienating the POTG support when season ticket sales plummet next season? Nah, he'll probably blame the fans for not supporting him. 

He no doubt had the right intentions when he bought us , but his total lack of knowledge about football has destroyed his dream.

If he had surrounded himself with experienced football people from day one maybe it would have worked for him.

I don't agree with alot he's done but he is passionate about Wednesday and i believe he has tried his best. We have had success under him.The pricing is too expensive but blame the premier league for that not Chansiri as footballers wages are astronomical. He's tried to compete and our money was needed to help do this. Gutted that it has not worked but I'm grateful to him.

36 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Rubbish. In his own admittance prior to owning us he had no experience of football let alone running a club. And your other point is also way off the mark. The guy refuses to accept he's made mistakes and has learned naf all in his 3 and half year tenure. How can you trust anyone who will not take on board advice from footballing people and worst of all is stubborn to the core?

23 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Why is it a binary choice to being skint and poo or spending money and being poo? How about we set expectations a little higher and ask for an owner who runs the club sustainably and gives us the best opportunity to compete in a way that won't result in the club being threatened with a possible points deduction.  

I agree would be the best option, unfortunately last time MM was trying to sell quickly and don't think we had that many credible offers.

This time maybe if DC does not feel under pressure to get out at the earliest opportunity, we may get a better spread of owners who can build and push us forward, like Leicester etc.