Jokanovic Anyone.

23 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

So you think Luhukay is the man for the job because we can't afford to sack him??

Wow.

Dems some credentials... Champions League here we come

I cant really recall anyone saying that pal. However the financial problems with FFP may dictate a few things which the majority may like or dont want to see happen. Personally, the manager isn't the main issue with the problems at the club. 

It's times like this I wonder what Jos could have done with Fulham and Watford's cash and squads.... 

People often forget that sadly its nearly all about the cash these days. 

Pep could come here and we'd still be up against it. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, CLswfc said:

Personally, the manager isn't the main issue with the problems at the club. 

I know that

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'm sure we can afford to sack him

Desperately hoping it doesnt get to the point where we can't afford not to

Yeah I would actually agree that we should be able to afford to sack him. If we need to raise cash from player sales then I guess some compensation might just be fiddling round the edges. I just can’t see Jokanovic being interested, and I don’t blame him, but the most depressing thing is that we’re probably not interested either.

11 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

It's times like this I wonder what Jos could have done with Fulham and Watford's cash and squads.... 

People often forget that sadly its nearly all about the cash these days. 

Pep could come here and we'd still be up against it. 

Somebody better let Wilder know, and the other teams with lower budgets who are above us in the league...

• Like 1

I've lost count of the amount of times people have said we can't afford to sack Jos. 

Like I said before, it's like buying a car, you put money to one side for fuel, insurance, tax, possible scrapes and mechanical issues.

You don't bring in a manager and just assume everything will be a bed of roses, you plan for all eventualities.

Er, normally anyhow. Do you really think Mr C is THAT naïve? Actually, don't answer that on second thoughts.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I've lost count of the amount of times people have said we can't afford to sack Jos. 

Like I said before, it's like buying a car, you put money to one side for fuel, insurance, tax, possible scrapes and mechanical issues.

You don't bring in a manager and just assume everything will be a bed of roses, you plan for all eventualities.

Er, normally anyhow. Do you really think Mr C is THAT naïve? Actually, don't answer that on second thoughts.

As I was reading down bud, I was thinking, hmm with our chairman who knows he can be a bit clueless.. 

Until I got down through it and you insinuated it at the end lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

37 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Somebody better let Wilder know, and the other teams with lower budgets who are above us in the league...

Pretty sure he had more cash to spend than Jos in January and the summer... 

What's jokanovic gonna use, his Fulham pay off? 

5 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Simple. It’s because while he may have been successful at Fulham, he would have to work in a very different environment and with very different tools at Wednesday, and there’s no evidence that he would prosper with us.

I can’t understand why people think that a manager who has been successful at one club can simply move to another who operate in very different circumstances and repeat that success.

So in that case never consider a managers past achievements. You might aswell just put 50 names in a hat and offer it to the name that comes out 

The right man but the wrong time in my opinion.

We aren't in a position to offer any new manager a promotion war chest despite desperately needing an overhaul of playing staff. 

Even if we could afford him SJ is not going to accept the restrictions we are under and will be for a few years yet. We need someone who is willing to work under these conditions and has proved they can operate effectively on a shoe string, like it or not MM has done this and should still be our #1 target to get us out of our current mess imo.

If we ended up appointing Jokanovic as manager here, it would be an outstanding coup.  For that reason, I doubt this could ever happen under our current regime.  The club’s hierarchy don’t exactly have a reputation for making sound football-based decisions.

My prediction is that, if/when we replace Luhukay, we’ll end up with another journeyman coach that no one has heard of before.

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You'll have to excuse me for picking out the relevant bits Ive become accustomed to skipping over the patronising/waffly sections of your posts over the years.

Ive been reading your posts on Luhukay over the last few weeks and you've shouted down (without shouting - just patronising) posters on here all that time for daring suggest he's not potentially Alex Fergusons long lost Dutch equivalent.

Even your reply is knowingly filtered to present only that which suits the purpose of playing to the gallery. You've missed your calling as a tabloid journalist. Paying little attention to most of what's said because all you're interested in is distilling the whole thing into a smart arse soundbite for a headline, the tenor of which was probably written in advance anyway.

I simply do not understand this compulsion for angrily reducing everything to stark, binary choices that cannot be mitigated once a side is chosen. Dig your trench, jump in and defend it to the death. Certainly nothing I've posted in this thread, and probably nothing in the others in which I've replied have remotely suggested that Luhukay is anything like your representations. And I'd be a lunatic to have done so. His past record is pretty good but hardly remarkable (despite the shamefully dishonest attempt of @Sykes to reinvent it in a recent thread). The furthest I might have gone is to suggest he was doing reasonably well under the circumstances. And I stand by that for now, although of course the doubts have mounted in recent weeks. But that is not to say I agree with everything he is doing. In fact you omitted a couple of sentences which briefly summarised some of my own reservations; none of which will be news to anyone.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a thread about Slovisa Jokanovic. Is he a realistic target? Even if the initial finances are not a problem (and they very well could be), would he even have the slightest interest? It just seems to me there are too many obstacles for it to be much of an issue.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Even your reply is knowingly filtered to present only that which suits the purpose of playing to the gallery. You've missed your calling as a tabloid journalist. Paying little attention to most of what's said because all you're interested in is distilling the whole thing into a smart arse soundbite for a headline, the tenor of which was probably written in advance anyway.

I simply do not understand this compulsion for angrily reducing everything to stark, binary choices that cannot be mitigated once a side is chosen. Dig your trench, jump in and defend it to the death. Certainly nothing I've posted in this thread, and probably nothing in the others in which I've replied have remotely suggested that Luhukay is anything like your representations. And I'd be a lunatic to have done so. His past record is pretty good but hardly remarkable (despite the shamefully dishonest attempt of @Sykes to reinvent it in a recent thread). The furthest I might have gone is to suggest he was doing reasonably well under the circumstances. And I stand by that for now, although of course the doubts have mounted in recent weeks. But that is not to say I agree with everything he is doing. In fact you omitted a couple of sentences which briefly summarised some of my own reservations; none of which will be news to anyone.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a thread about Slovisa Jokanovic. Is he a realistic target? Even if the initial finances are not a problem (and they very well could be), would he even have the slightest interest? It just seems to me there are too many obstacles for it to be much of an issue.

Suppose it depends how quick he wants to get back into work.  Doubt a prem team would touch him. So that only leaves a handful of championship clubs that may take his fancy should the opportunity arise. 

Would have to have some financial clarification as to out FFP situation. but he would have probably envied some of the players he may be working with at his time with Fulham and thinking he could get the best out of them. Because on paper we do have a half decent squad. ( if we can keep any of them fit )

this would have been the ideal man 2-3 years ago , we don't have promotion funds anymore all that's gone , a new manager will have to work on very little and have to sell assets ie reach,forestieri to be able to fetch even just loans in.  we have got to be realistic , unless some football league meeting takes place this season and scraps the 39 loss over 3 years we are in deep poo.