Jokanovic Anyone.

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Instead of your consistent condescending arrogance - how about giving a detailed outline of what it is that you see in Jos Luhukay that you feel gives you the right to make such pathetic attacks on people who - lets say - aren't quite as confident as you are in the future under this manager.

He's 100% right tho. After a few bad games everyone will be calling for his head, footy fans are fickle.

If we win next 5 everyone will be sucking Jos off again. 

He won't come here even if we want him. He'll take one good look at side and say fizz that. Also pretty sure Abdi and his friends here will also tell him steer well clear.

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

In your opinion

Same question to you then

What are you on about now?

I don't think Jos is right for this club. Would prefer him to leave but he won't, and as the realistic options are not better than him IMO, we'll have to stick for now.

I'm just agreeing with him that SJ is not a realistic choice right now.

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What are you on about now?

I don't think Jos is right for this club. Would prefer him to leave but he won't, and as the realistic options are not better than him IMO, we'll have to stick for now.

I'm just agreeing with him that SiJ is not a realistic choice right now.

Tbf, im not taking the job without some backing :carlosswfc:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Instead of your consistent condescending arrogance - how about giving a detailed outline of what it is that you see in Jos Luhukay that you feel gives you the right to make such pathetic attacks on people who - lets say - aren't quite as confident as you are in the future under this manager.

I haven't expressed any kind of opinion about Luhukay in this thread. It isn't my fault you have chosen to interpret it in a way that is thoroughly unsupported by anything I've posted.

Edited by DJMortimer

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

So what is your opinion ???

There are plenty of reasons for concern in just about every area of the club, including the manager. For a start, we're not helping ourselves by being too defensively-minded and there are too many changes from game to game. The tactical flexibility Luhukay was on about is a great idea, but he may be attempting too much, too often, too quickly. In any case, we may not be able to afford replacing him in the first place, never mind with someone who would presumably be way more costly and have more attractive offers.

But most people seem to treat the whole thing as a binary choice between two polar opposites. If you're not in a fully consumed by fire panic then you must be is a nirvana-like state of bliss. And sometimes it's pointless trying to explain anything exists in between.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

There are plenty of reasons for concern in just about every area of the club, including the manager. For a start, we're not helping ourselves by being too defensively-minded and there are too many changes from game to game. The tactical flexibility Luhukay was on about is a great idea, but he may be attempting too much, too often, too quickly. In any case, we may not be able to afford replacing him in the first place, never mind with someone who would presumably be way more costly and have more attractive offers.

But most people seem to treat the whole thing as a binary choice between two polar opposites. If you're not in a fully consumed by fire panic then you must be is a nirvana-like state of bliss. And sometimes it's pointless trying to explain anything exists in between.

I agree with many of your points but in reality how long can we afford to let this current manager steer the ship before we runaground. You may well be right about certain managers being out of our price range and likely to be after other more lucrative positions. In my experience if you shop at B and M in the long run you are likely to be disappointed. 

4 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Not sure mate. Maybe felt he just had better options 

This is it

He didn't fall out with FF - just had better players that suited his system

Good player to call on if things aren't going to plan though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Yeah, that would give a few of the addicts a fix that would tide them over for a while. But then they would need another hit soon enough.

Realistically (as if that word means much here), there are several reasons why this almost certainly won't even come into consideration so this entire thread is rather a waste of time really. But I'll leave you to shoot up some more.

What you waffling on about?

Such a patronising tone to the majority of your posts, how does me highlighting the way their chairman has gone about this in a positive/effective way, that their fans will no doubt appreciate have anything to do with our fans on an internet message board and leaving me to ‘shoot up some more’ ........bizarre :blink:

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Wildsmith

Palmer Neilsen Pudil Fox

Pelupessy

Bannan

Hunt                 Onomah

Preston    Nuhiu

Wait until Winnall and Hooper are back and Nuhiu has to be shoe horned in at left back. Dark days.

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

There is a good analysis of Jokanovic's downfall in todays Daily Telegraph.

One comment in particular leapt out of the page:

Like I said earlier today, be careful what you wish for.........

Did alright getting Watford and Fulham promoted though. Chopping and changing can work just as long it's against the right opponents Ie tactical. Jos hasn't worked that out yet though. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

I haven't expressed any kind of opinion about Luhukay in this thread. It isn't my fault you have chosen to interpret it in a way that is thoroughly unsupported by anything I've posted.

No but you've spent the last few weeks shouting down anybody who's expressed doubts on Luhukay with your usual mix of big words and condescension.

So - heres your chance. Set it out.

What is it about Luhukay and his 10 months at Hillsborough makes you so determined hes the man for the job? It shouldnt be a tough question

Would be a fantastic appointment for lots of reasons...the main one being it would be a sign to the fans that the chairman wants us to play Good, attacking football.

People may say we don't have the squad to play like that, of course we do!! Look at the pigs, their players are journeyman and league one fodder. Look what a good manager can do.

Same as Leeds and Derby.

It shows that a manager is the MAIN reason a team plays good football. 

Risk and reward, he who dares, Kevin Keegan football.

Would be bloody great to watch!! 

7 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont know why these managers even bother coming to the Championship. They spend years building a team to get out of it, then as soon as they struggle in the league above they get the boot. 

As if Fulham were ever gonna compete unless they spent big.....wake up Fulham!

They spent 100 million