Jokanovic Anyone.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

No half decent manager would touch us 

What like willow bfr big jack? Sometimes you have to just flipping try. If he won’t come so be it. But there’s a reason big jack came. There’s still a reason and this guys no big jack. 

12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Would be a good choice but I guess he doesn't need a job straight away.

If I was in his position and money would take a few months off, escape the English winter and see what offers I get in the Spring.

Not sure I would be prepared to wait for him that long.

Strikes me as single minded and ambitious, would fit right  in here 

lol

Suspect he'll get better offers, way before DC does the sensible thing. Which illustrates why we will always be also rans. Here is the ideal candidate, but we won't get a sniff as DC isn't proactive enough.

55 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Because on paper we do have a half decent squad. ( if we can keep any of them fit )

I'm not convinced by that. If we announced a fire sale, how many players would interest the clubs in the top half of the Championship? We have a handful of excellent players for this level, a few who once were or have the potential to be in the future, but mostly mediocre performers. And many of the predictions coming into the season backed that up. Very few saw us as realistic promotion contenders.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm not convinced by that. If we announced a fire sale, how many players would interest the clubs in the top half of the Championship? We have a handful of excellent players for this level, a few who once were or have the potential to be in the future, but mostly mediocre performers. And many of the predictions coming into the season backed that up. Very few saw us as realistic promotion contenders.

It's amazing what a new manager can do for players though isn't it. Especially one who's first though may be how are we going to score a goal rather then what's the best way not to let one in.

And that appiles to Jos and Carlos.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

you never know coz  who'd have thought Rhodes would be playing in a side that's top of the league with how he performed for us …..

Just now, torryowl said:

you never know coz  who'd have thought Rhodes would be playing in a side that's top of the league with how he performed for us …..

I'm still yet to be convined that Rhodes will work out in the long run because his overall game is so limited and dependent on others, but it is obviously to our advantage if he does.

But it would be good to see us try a more settled core of players and to try and take the game to the opponents more. Hopefully the returns of Matias and Forestieri will help in the latter regard.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm still yet to be convined that Rhodes will work out in the long run because his overall game is so limited and dependent on others, but it is obviously to our advantage if he does.

But it would be good to see us try a more settled core of players and to try and take the game to the opponents more. Hopefully the returns of Matias and Forestieri will help in the latter regard.

We took the game to villa, wba and brizzle before the last break. Then look what happened. Woefully inept management.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Somebody better let Wilder know, and the other teams with lower budgets who are above us in the league...

Wilder knows. That's why he's crying about us spending 40k a week on players.

He's also knows he needs an expensive striker and without it they won't be near promotion.

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We haven't had the players to take the game to anyone since those games.

That's not bad management.

Having our only bit of pace on the bench for 90 mins at the stain while the 9 defenders toiled away

Dropping our player of the month for the next game. 

20 hours ago, Plonk said:

What like willow bfr big jack? Sometimes you have to just flipping try. If he won’t come so be it. But there’s a reason big jack came. There’s still a reason and this guys no big jack. 

This isn’t the 80s, what relevance does that have 

I’m talking about under the current set up