Jokanovic Anyone.

32 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Some right silly sausages posting on here. How do you block people? 

Go into settings and looked for ignored users add them to list. Its a most useful tool.

I suspect one geezer on this thread is either pork or a weed as his articles are always verging on the ridiculous and suggestions and comments made are sheer lunacy.

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think CC lack of knowledge cost Gray his job. Thought you could buy promotion playing football like the dutch 1974 world cup team. Hang on is that why he brought Jos in. Maybe he thought he was a disciple of the great Johan Cruyff rather than Dave Basset.

I suspect DC looked at Hudds and the players they brought in from the German league. 

Jos has German league experience if he gets to sign his players next season. 

1 hour ago, CF83OWL said:

So you would have a guy in who spends £100m and flops? :duntmatter:

As I said, Fulham didnt spend big....they bought 2-3 big signing fees and the rest were Championship signings / loans. 

Spending big is is like £20m per player so in excess of £200m easily. 

3rd most money spent in the summer. 2nd highest net spent. For one transfer window they have spent very big. 

Just learn to admit when you’re wrong. 

E3EFDCC5-8630-4367-BC02-C633CCAD7D08.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

3rd most money spent in the summer. 2nd highest net spent. For one transfer window they have spent very big. 

Just learn to admit when you’re wrong. 

E3EFDCC5-8630-4367-BC02-C633CCAD7D08.jpeg

That table is only a snap shot of the truth. 

But if you think buying a few dozen Audi A1's is the same as buying 3-4 Lamborghini's then by all means carry on....

Edited by CF83OWL
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

We don't employ managers with a proven record of getting teams promoted from the championship.

Agreed mate. You would have thought that would be a prerequisite for someone chucking millions at a squad with the intent of going up. 

Just now, CF83OWL said:

That table is only a snap shot of the truth. 

But if you think buy a few dozen dozen Audi A1's is the same as buying 3-4 Lamborghini's then by all means carry on....

You said they haven’t  spent big. Several posted have shown you they have and proved you wrong.

Now you change your argument to the quality of the player bought with the money spent. 

It has has nothing to do with your original point. Accept you made a mistake and move on instead of trying to twist your way out of it. Poorly I might add. 

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

You said they haven’t  spent big. Several posted have shown you they have and proved you wrong.

Now you change your argument to the quality of the player bought with the money spent. 

It has has nothing to do with your original point. Accept you made a mistake and move on instead of trying to twist your way out of it. Poorly I might add. 

Fulham have spent in excess of 100m on 14 new additions. They have spent in volume....but not big. 

Maybe your perception of big isnt big after all....

30 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

This.

His record in this league is enviable, but he's achieved promotion at clubs who had plenty of money to throw at the situation.

If people think that Jokanovic could come in and sort everything at S6 out, then they are either misjudging his experience or underestimating how in the sh*t we are, or both.

Just had a quick look on Transfermarkt

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fulham-fc/transfers/verein/931/plus/0?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Fulham spent a tremendous amount of money over his Jokanovic's time, don't know many of them 

Sanchez - 3.6m

Madl - 1.4m

Sigurdsson 4.2m 

Kamara - 5m+

Then being a London club and having the pick of the crop from down south - Kalas, Piazon, Norwood, Matt Targett etc...

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

Fulham have spent in excess of 100m on 14 new additions. They have spent in volume....but not big. 

Maybe your perception of big isnt big after all....

They spent £80m across 4 players. Only signed one championship player and got in some quality loans. 

You've now changed your argument to big in volume. They have spent big. 

I’m actually a tad embarrassed I keep biting. 

1 hour ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont know why these managers even bother coming to the Championship. They spend years building a team to get out of it, then as soon as they struggle in the league above they get the boot. 

As if Fulham were ever gonna compete unless they spent big.....wake up Fulham!

They only spent £100m :carlos: https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/every-word-fulham-boss-slavisa-15014982

This thread is hilarious. It's asking whether we'd like Jokanovic but it's turned into an argument about what constitutes spending big. 

Who flipping cares? When you're in the Prem you can spend peanuts and it will be huge compared to the Champ.

Jokanovic has a good record in the division and his teams play nice football. Links to Chelsea and their player-leasing service. Managed Nando, Abdi and Pudil before as well. I'd be pleased with this.