What would a draw tonight mean for Jos?

12 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

He doesnt have a style of play or even know his best team , that is one of the main problems .

Of course he has a style of play, its just not a very good one.

Do we really want the pigs to think they've been part of us sacking our manager, no thanks. He'll get a bit longer yet.

57 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

What do you mean salvage the season? We are a mid table side, should be finishing somewhere between 12th and 16th.

Thought I was clear; apologies. 

I think we will continue in poor form and hover around the bottom half of the table, staying just clear of a relegation scrap. Then, come February time with nothing to play for and the January sales done we will drop further, at which point Jos will leave. 

If we had replaced Jos earlier in the season, a manager with greater experience of this league and a “big personality” might get the players playing above themselves and push us to a top half finish. 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Thought I was clear; apologies. 

I think we will continue in poor form and hover around the bottom half of the table, staying just clear of a relegation scrap. Then, come February time with nothing to play for and the January sales done we will drop further, at which point Jos will leave. 

If we had replaced Jos earlier in the season, a manager with greater experience of this league and a “big personality” might get the players playing above themselves and push us to a top half finish. 

Do you think there's likely to be a queue of experienced Championship managers with big personalities to take this poisoned chalice on?

Just now, toppOwl said:

Do you think there's likely to be a queue of experienced Championship managers with big personalities to take this poisoned chalice on?

I think Mick McCarthy would take the job.  His approach would probably suit us at the moment. 

Steve Bruce or Gus Poyet could be tempted if they knew they would have some funds to spend next season. 

I think the job is still an attractive one to be honest. 

Jos is both foreign and doesnt understand this league.  He is also small and has facial hair, and I can't recall one press conference or post match interview where he has cracked a mum gag or lit a fart.  So regardless of the result tonight we should sack him and bring in an experienced British coach like Danny Wilson, Alan Irvine or Chris Turner.

Failing that a foreign coach like Mick Mccarthy.

We must not make the mistake others clubs like us have and gamble on an inexperienced manager like Frank Lampard, nor a foreigner who doesnt know the league like Bielsa, David Wagner, Nuno Esprito Santo or Daniel Farke.

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

A stay of execution..Although Megson got the boot the day after winning

Yeah, but was when we had a chairman who knew what he was doing.

I didnt agree with Milans plan to sack Megson, still don't despite us getting promoted but at lest he had a plan, stuck to it and watched it pay off. 

34 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think Mick McCarthy would take the job.  His approach would probably suit us at the moment. 

Steve Bruce or Gus Poyet could be tempted if they knew they would have some funds to spend next season. 

I think the job is still an attractive one to be honest. 

Don't think there will be funds to spend at all next season. I think we're going to need to get rid of our massive wage bill just to clear P&S next season. 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Even if we do hopefully manage a win tonight we will then probably get very little return from the next 3 or 4 games. We all need a win tonight but imo it would just paper over the massive cracks. Nice bloke Jos but for me he isn’t the man to take us forward. 

Nice bloke ? Why ?

He's as dull as dishwater and hardly raises a smile , doesn't come across as a nice bloke to me , seems very distant and private 

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

For me his time is up anyway,  regardless of tonight's result.

Same here, but as pale rider says, we are unlikely to be parting ways anytime soon. His pre-match interview did smack of someone who knows he is desperately close to getting the chop. Not like he was “king” before our recent run-just pretty average. Currently the gift that keeps giving others and needs to go.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

Got to get rid win loose or draw,he talks rubbosh,fallen out with players,cant be honest with fans,tactics mind bending,team selction strange to say the least....We only have 2 players injured at minute Hooper and Lee,rest of em he's dumped simple as and talking rubbish.....He dare not drop FF or Bannan,but they have had words too....UTO FTBB....

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Nice bloke ? Why ?

He's as dull as dishwater and hardly raises a smile , doesn't come across as a nice bloke to me , seems very distant and private 

Absolutely this.

when was the last time he went to a fancy dress party ? When was the last time that he had a real mental binge drink on an empty stomach? Can you imagine Jos in a mosh pit? I can’t.