SHEFFIELD UNITED vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - OMDT

No doubting an excellent effort from all the team, but to be fair we were outplayed throughout.  Tactics probably justified on this occasion but by God do we need a more constructive plan for the rest of the season.  Sorry but Jos is not the man to take us forward . 

Would’ve taken that. Creditable draw in tough circumstances and a clean sheet!

The formula is the same from United, blast it for 30 mins but if they haven’t scored it starts to slow down.

I do think Jos got away with this big time though as where was the outlet for any kind of break away goal? How many half chances did we create? An imbalanced team but at least it got us something and wipes that smugness from Wilders face. 

Ft 0-0

Great result that.  The consensus on here all week was a complete battering.  

Huge result in the end.  After the goals conceded last week, I think we have done brilliantly tonight.  

Plenty of grit and determination from the players tonight.  

Huge huge clean sheet tonight.  Dawson, was outstanding .  Get in.  Long overdue.   Dawson, my Mom, but also a special mention to Hector also. 

3 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Brilliant effort. 

Gave away an undeserved pen. Away - against a team flying.

Bloody brilliant I’d say.

They all played for the shirt - Cant ask for anything else.

Well done.

Bloody brilliant ? really ?

Listen to yourself.

It was an abysmal display of football.... in which... you are meant to attack as well

maybe, just maybe, if we attacked a little, it would have taken the pressure off the rest of the team

defensively - it was an immense display... but Jos  has to go.

We can't hold out every game and be happy about it 

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol

If you celebrate that, your expectation of your teams pretty dire pal

Agree but you gotta admit, in the wider context of the season to come, that feels like a small victory.

Nowt wrong with being happy about frustrating those absolute chinstraps.

First clean sheet of the season = worst attacking team we've played.

Well, it does when we get to work on Mon.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

12 goals conceded in previous 4 games provoking understandable cries of "Sort that defence out Jos!" and "I'd take a boring goalless draw at the moment!"

Sure, it's disheartening to see our team play so negatively, yet some people are slating the team for what has been (at the time of writing at least!) a superb defensive performance.

8 minutes ago, flo said:

Boring. 

8 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I'll take that

lol

Difficult to be excited about that. Clean sheet welcome, but we did play 9 in defence all night.

Yes we battled, but that should be a given and apart from that offered nothing, absolutely zero attacking intent whatsoever.

Good point away from home, especially a derby but at times it was embarrassing to watch.

2 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

No way where we shocking. Hard battled for point and clean sheet.

Know what you're saying mate but we wouldn't have won that if we'd played all night. Let's face it, we were hanging on for much of the game, we couldn't retain the ball if our lives depended on it and as an attacking force we were totally impotent.... but yes, we battled hard and stopped them from scoring.... It's a start but I hope for better

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Agree but you gotta admit, in the wider context of the season to come, that feels like a small victory.

Nowt wrong with being happy about frustrating those absolute chinstraps.

First clean sheet of the season = worst attacking team we've played.

Well, it does when we get to work on Mon.

lol

The thing is, I can see that people are pleased with the defending... yes... superb..

BUT

It cannot continue. 

1 point in 15

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Criminal performance.. 

Dawson and a clean sheet the only positive. Well done Dawson, credit when it’s due.  

Absolutely correct, how can some of our fans be happy watching us chase the vermin around the pitch for 90 minutes, Jos has to go 

Great result that and its about time we started showing some respect to our opponents. If we'd have gone out guns blazing they'd have torn us apart. Its what they want and we held firm and stucl together and got a point away from home against a team who are flying through the league at the minute.

A win would have been better but we shouldn't be disappointed with that result. 

The squad showed they are behind the manager and really fought for him today. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Agree

Not good enough. Possession was awful movement awful. This might be bad as I genuinely think we will go down unless there is a change in philosophy on how the game is run. This was luck not skill. Penalty will normally go in. Hope it makes a difference to confidence but somhow I think this will  prolong our misery. The team has no plan no movement forward for 95% of the game. Luck is not skill. This was not making your own luck. 

• Thanks 1