Pelupessy - that's quite enough

Because he doesn't run around like a lunatic people don't see what he does.

He also gets no defensive help from his other midfielders, especially Onomah, so he inevitably is left open and exposed and this is what people see more often.

Would be tempted to give him some defensive help with Jones or Hutchinson alongside him in the 3. He can't do it all for himself.

He does pass to Bannan a lot but that's his job in the team, get the ball and give it to the better playmaker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He also gets no defensive help from his other midfielders, especially Onomah, so he inevitably is left open and exposed and this is what people see more often.

Would be tempted to give him some defensive help with Jones or Hutchinson alongside him in the 3. He can't do it all for himself.

He does pass to Bannan a lot but that's his job in the team, get the ball and give it to the better playmaker.

He is rubbish

There’s no disguising it

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

People see what he does. It’s just very little and unfortunately he’s limited as a footballer.

I’m pretty sure most don’t care he doesn’t run around like a lunatic. But it’d be nice if he wasn’t stuck in the same 30 yard circle all game like he attached to something.

The thing for me is, the job he’s there to do, he doesn’t do very well. He’s average at that at best. Then he lacks any quality being able to do jobs and has zero responsibility on the ball. League one player at best.

It reflects our situation when a player of limited ability; doesn't protect the defence and offers nothing going forward, is the among the first names on the team sheet.

If the brief is to stand max 10 yrs from BB and give the ball to him we're fecked. We need someone to, yes win the ball and give, but then get forward for the return - not to stop waiting for BB to knock a 40 yrd crossfield ball to two imobile strikers. 

Even if the team had a better balance, we still need better than Joey Pelupessy.

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So whats your formation?

I know opinions are like ars*****s an all that.... and an opinion is all it is... but.. I'd go 4141 on the basis that I don't believe we have anybody capable of playing wingback and we only have (imo) 1 decent striker. I think we'd get overrun in a 433.. so

GK. If Westwood isn't injured/unavailabe then him every time. Dawson has struggled and his confidence must be absolutely shot now so Wildsmith over him otherwise. RB Probably Hutchinson if not injured. If not then Palmer. I think Baker would really struggle. CBs Lees and Pudil, LB Thorniley.... just don't think Penney has the physicality.

Midfield of Hector deeper, Joao (with alot of erm 'encouragement' before he goes out) Onomah, Bannan and Reach in front of him with Fletcher up top (supported by Reach and Joao when we have the ball)

Who knows. What we do need is some method and stability...... so I might've changed me mind by tomorrow!

:picnic:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

I know opinions are like ars*****s an all that.... and an opinion is all it is... but.. I'd go 4141 on the basis that I don't believe we have anybody capable of playing wingback and we only have (imo) 1 decent striker. I think we'd get overrun in a 433.. so

GK. If Westwood isn't injured/unavailabe then him every time. Dawson has struggled and his confidence must be absolutely shot now so Wildsmith over him otherwise. RB Probably Hutchinson if not injured. If not then Palmer. I think Baker would really struggle. CBs Lees and Pudil, LB Thorniley.... just don't think Penney has the physicality.

Midfield of Hector deeper, Joao (with alot of erm 'encouragement' before he goes out) Onomah, Bannan and Reach in front of him with Fletcher up top (supported by Reach and Joao when we have the ball)

Who knows. What we do need is some method and stability...... so I might've changed me mind by tomorrow!

:picnic:

Sounds fairly reasoned to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shifty Powers said:

Its not good enough simply passing it to Bannan every single time and expecting him to do something with it. 

This is half the problem. Too many times players look for Bannan rather than attack teams themselves. We need more players to involve themselves. The movement Norwich players made when attacking was far better than ours. Some of our passing was poor, surely BB isn't the only one who can pass? A few need to practice harder. Also Jos should show the team kit diagrams...  We are in blue.... they are in yellow.... don't pass to the yellow ones!

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Yet, a few weeks ago he was bring touted on here as future captain. How does that work.....

Some people have different views to others  , some thought he was a captain and  " touted" it whilst others said nowt ,those that said nowt probably don't think he is very good and are saying it 

Think that's how it works 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Agree, if we’d have had 2 more of him in there yesterday instead of Bannan and Onomah we wouldn’t have conceded 4. 

Bannan looked busy as usual but wasn’t intelligent enough of the ball. Onomah was simply a disgrace 

16 minutes ago, the monk said:

Some people have different views to others  , some thought he was a captain and  " touted" it whilst others said nowt ,those that said nowt probably don't think he is very good and are saying it 

Think that's how it works 

Really. Never knew.

My point being that the fans appear to be divided on everything, theres not even any consistency there. One week we win Jos is thr new messiah, the following week we lose and he is clueless and should never have been here in the first place. Seems to be a lot of ass kissing when when we win then blind hate when we lose. Totak knee jerk emotions with zero rationale most of the time. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Looking at stats sites he was one of our better players. Didn’t miss two sitters, didn’t give the ball away to concede for them like some of his midfield compatriots. 

Bannan is everywhere other than centre mid, Onamah plays at walking pace and can’t pass, tackle or shoot, Reach plays further forward and probably rightly so. 

So who’s helping this limited player? Answer: nobody. He was doing work of three men and no wonder he oooks out of depth.