Pelupessy - that's quite enough

36 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Now go and look at his defensive stats. Average number of tackles, 6 interceptions, everyone else in the team got none. It's that kind of stuff he's in the team for, if we had others in the team capable of staying switched on all the time and doing their jobs to the ability of him then we wouldn't have lost our last 4 f*cking games in a row.

Yeah reyt player mate , unfortunately I go to look at the play not stats and I didn't know he was playing , but like everyone says he's doing the stuff you don't see ...utter gonads 

Ps, do other teams have this type of under the radar kind of player or do their players like to move forward towards the opposition goal ?

Edited by the monk

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Now go and look at his defensive stats. Average number of tackles, 6 interceptions, everyone else in the team got none. It's that kind of stuff he's in the team for, if we had others in the team capable of staying switched on all the time and doing their jobs to the ability of him then we wouldn't have lost our last 4 f*cking games in a row.

Tackles are little on the low side, less than even Reach and Onomah.

image.png.3f403fe462ed0261a1f1e09864fe457f.png

Would expect more from a defensive midfielder.

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Whilst this is a Joey thread and he isn’t up to in my opinion, I’ve got to say that Bannan’s form has gone downhill over the last 6/7 games. He started the season extremely well but his form has more than dipped recently. In fact in some games he has been poor.

Since he signed his new contract:ph34r:

I just don't know how anyone can defend Pollys play. He can't defend can't pass unless its 3 yards to Bannon and can't shoot. We may as well have 10 players on the park.

Huch is streets ahead of him. Just look at his contribution at Leeds last season when he came back. 

Owlstalks new whipping boy it seems.

For those stating he doesnt burst forward enough or shoot enough or do worldie passes, thats cos its not our game. Anyone that goes can see theres seemingly a team order to get the ball to Bannan. Problem being that cos Bannan drops so deep to get the ball, Joey must then be deeper. People would lose tjier poo if he was beyond Bannan and the opposition went on to score.

His job is to try steal the ball back if we lose it. This is made all the harder when hes the only one in midfield doing this and the other 2 are off elsewhere. Usually doing the job of trying to cover for 2 players. Bearing in mind he played centrally and Norwich ripped our arses out down the wings, he wasnt going to be overly involved with takles and interceptions that game.

The kids no world beater but hes getting mauled on here because owlstalk needs someone specifically to blame. The wrong players picked/lack of owned players to actually play this negative type of counter attacking football is the reasons why we are loosing. 

• Like 1