Pelupessy - that's quite enough

At this point it’s pretty meaningless singling out players when the majority of them aren’t good enough 

Joey 

nuhiu 

joao 

palmer 

Boyd 

jones 

abdi

If I was chairman and had bottomless pit of money, I’d pay all of them off tomorrow 

Edited by FreshOwl

20 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Looking at stats sites he was one of our better players. Didn’t miss two sitters, didn’t give the ball away to concede for them like some of his midfield compatriots. 

Bannan is everywhere other than centre mid, Onamah plays at walking pace and can’t pass, tackle or shoot, Reach plays further forward and probably rightly so. 

So who’s helping this limited player? Answer: nobody. He was doing work of three men and no wonder he oooks out of depth. 

Been saying this kind of thing in other threads. He a steady decent player, but isnt helped by anyone in that midfield or by the way we set up. Roy Keane would look gash out there for us right now. The guy literally cant get forward as hes usually the only one there in midfield.

Sadly, the last time our midfield had a great game was when Bannan was suspended. As good as he is, all things must seemingly go through him. Not sure if thats team orders or what,  but this coming deep limits what other players around him can then do. We have good players, we dont however have a good tactical set up or a good team to play the way they are currently asked to play.

Edited by OwlinOldham

52 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Really. Never knew.

My point being that the fans appear to be divided on everything, theres not even any consistency there. One week we win Jos is thr new messiah, the following week we lose and he is clueless and should never have been here in the first place. Seems to be a lot of ass kissing when when we win then blind hate when we lose. Totak knee jerk emotions with zero rationale most of the time. 

Thought you asked how it worked ?

It's not the same people  as I said 

3 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

Been saying this kind of thing in other threads. He a steady decent player, but isnt helped by anyone in that midfield or by the way we set up. Roy Keane would look gash out there for us right now. The guy literally cant get forward as hes usually the only one there in midfield.

Sadly, the last time our midfield had a great game was when Bannan was suspended. As good as he is, all things must seemingly go through him. Not sure if thats team orders or what,  but this coming deep limits what other players around him can then do. We have good players, we dont however have a good tactical set up or a good team to play the way they are currently asked to play.

For me if Bannan has a free role we need to sacrifice a forward to accommodate him being anywhere other than central mid.  Onamah is not that player, a spectator at times watching us attack and defend, walking from place to place. 

I dont know if Hutch / Hector / Kirby or Preston add more but we can’t keep playing Joey with no support and expecting one player to be our entire central midfield. Christ, even Kante gets support and he’s the best in the world at that role. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Because he doesn't run around like a lunatic people don't see what he does.

He also gets no defensive help from his other midfielders, especially Onomah, so he inevitably is left open and exposed and this is what people see more often.

Would be tempted to give him some defensive help with Jones or Hutchinson alongside him in the 3. He can't do it all for himself.

He does pass to Bannan a lot but that's his job in the team, get the ball and give it to the better playmaker.

Why dont people see what he does ? 

He reminds me of Craig Shakespeare back in the day , a total invisible player that you don't know he's playing till he comes over for a drink 

9 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

He just doesn’t do enough at all. Runs around chasing lost shadows and wins the odd tackle but in a 90 minute match it’s not good enough what so ever 

He chases lost shadows as you put it because he is forever alone in the midfield.

He gets no help from any team mate.

21 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

For me if Bannan has a free role we need to sacrifice a forward to accommodate him being anywhere other than central mid.  Onamah is not that player, a spectator at times watching us attack and defend, walking from place to place. 

I dont know if Hutch / Hector / Kirby or Preston add more but we can’t keep playing Joey with no support and expecting one player to be our entire central midfield. Christ, even Kante gets support and he’s the best in the world at that role. 

Id go with a 4141 as someone else previously said on here. That way we atent relying on wingbacks to create width and we can have enough presence innthe middle of the park to control games and provide attacking intent.

The other thing that needs to change is this counter attacking football. We have no pace to play it and we cant control and soak up pressure through our midfield with the way we play.  2 pretty big requirements of counter attacking football right there and we fail at both. Hutch isnt the answer in midfield for me. He plays on the toes of the CBs when hes there and in in turn forces Bannan to have to come deeper fornthe ball. Hutch however at CB id try again. Ideal lineup for me would be this.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees/Hutchinson

Hector

Thorniley

Pelupessy

Reach

Bannan

Onomah/Jones/Abdi

Penney/Fessi

Fletcher/Joao/Atty

Edited by OwlinOldham

4 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

Id go with a 4141 as someone else previously said on here. That way we atent relying on wingbacks to create width and we can have enough presence innthe middle of the park to control games and provide attacking intent.

The other thing that needs to change is this counter attacking football. We have no pace to play it and we cant control and soak up pressure through our midfield with the way we play.  2 pretty big requirements of counter attacking football right there and we fail at both. Hutch isnt the answer in midfield for me. He plays on the toes of the CBs when hes there and in in turn forces Bannan to have to come deeper fornthe ball. Hutch however at CB id try again. Ideal lineup for me would be this.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees/Hutchinson

Hector

Thorniley

Pelupessy

Reach

Bannan

Onomah/Jones/Abdi

Penney/Fessi

Fletcher/Joao/Atty

I wouldnt play reach on the RHS, not his role and he looks poor when he plays there. He needs to play on the LHS. Which leaves a problem as Boyd can play there but wont be picked. Matias is injured and our squad is so poor due to a non existent transfer policy that we dont really have anyone else apart from youth.

1 minute ago, jack whitham said:

When has he been played in his favourite position?..one of the reasons he left Watford and what does CC do?..play him out of position.

Add it to the list mate along with lots of other players. If we played him now i doubt he would get his preferred role either. So whats the point. He isnt a substitute for Joey either, two different types of player supposedly

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I wouldnt play reach on the RHS, not his role and he looks poor when he plays there. He needs to play on the LHS. Which leaves a problem as Boyd can play there but wont be picked. Matias is injured and our squad is so poor due to a non existent transfer policy that we dont really have anyone else apart from youth.

Fair one and it was more me trying ti get the best 11 out there more than anything. Would be half tempted to play reach through the middle too. Leaves the left open for Fessi (plays best for us there regardless of hating it) and can play Matias down the right.

Whats more important is to get away from this negative style we have. We cant play it and dont have the players to play it.

17 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Whilst partly true he still has to do more then he is doing, and on the ball he’s very poor 

His job is to try and win back the ball and pass it on to Bannan, not create good chances.

If you're expecting him to play Hollywood passes then you're gonna be disappointed.

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Agree, if we’d have had 2 more of him in there yesterday instead of Bannan and Onomah we wouldn’t have conceded 4. 

Bannan looked busy as usual but wasn’t intelligent enough of the ball. Onomah was simply a disgrace 

Good point

I suggest starting with 2 goalkeepers against United to keep the score down. That’s how it works right? 

Can’t believe I’m saying this.

Semedo from a couple of seasons ago would have been a better option. Both very limited footballers, yet at least we knew what we were getting from Jose. Defensively head an shoulders about Joey. 

He can win win the ball back, cut off space and make 5 yard passes, but more effectively.

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this.

Semedo from a couple of seasons ago would have been a better option. Both very limited footballers, yet at least we knew what we were getting from Jose. Defensively head an shoulders about Joey. 

He can win win the ball back, cut off space and make 5 yard passes, but more effectively.

They're both the same pal.

You only prefer JS to JP cos he liked to run about and fly into tackles. Which was my point entirely 2 or 3 pages back.