Same old fans every time.

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

Only Sheffield Wednesday could find finally find a very wealthy foreign owner and find themselves in a transfer embargo 3 years later. 

This is where FFP ,or whatever its called now , is a complete joke. 

57 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

That's fine but "some" get face on when anything negative is posted by fans and get personal. 

Then feel free to report it to the mod team and we will remove pesonally abusive posts. Then take action appropriately. 

However are you mistaking "face on" with disagreement of your perhaps positive/negative point of veiw. 

What you have to remember is there is no, repeat no, quick easy fix to the problem. Unless the efl do away with ffp. 

It a mess, a huge mess, epic infact.

However, sack jos, buy x y z, play whoever, that we cant afford to etc are not an option when you are not allowed to spend. Basically it is what it is. No debate really. 

So tough, we created it, balls it up, no get out. End of. It is what it is. 

Edited by Maddogbob

52 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Ive been supporting Wednesday for 40 years ,and the one thing they guarantee is they never fail to disappoint.  

I have but longer 

My old man his ancestors and every male in the family supported Wednesday 

curiously he allowed me to choose (my sons weren't given an option)

however when I told him he smiled and said I'm sorry son but one thing is certain they will always let you down 

bless him he was right

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I have but longer 

My old man his ancestors and every male in the family supported Wednesday 

curiously he allowed me to choose (my sons weren't given an option)

however when I told him he smiled and said I'm sorry son but one thing is certain they will always let you down 

bless him he was right

My Dad has been saying the same to me for 40 years. 

But we wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is it a hatred of our fans or football fans in general. 

Have you always lived in South Yorkshire - I'm looking for some perspective.

@TrickyTrev reminded me at work today that Wednesday fans are no different to other football fans. I agree but i don't have to sit round them, it's Wednesday fans I sit with.

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

@TrickyTrev reminded me at work today that Wednesday fans are no different to other football fans. I agree but i don't have to sit round them, it's Wednesday fans I sit with.

No mate, have to disagree. Lived in Glasgow for 6 months and loved the local fans, they made out they hated each other, but needed each other and the banter was real. 

Worked in Leeds for long enough to recognise their fans just hate every other club and revel in it. 

Always had great banter with blades and other owls, life's too short for falling out over football.

29 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Then feel free to report it to the mod team and we will remove pesonally abusive posts. Then take action appropriately. 

However are you mistaking "face on" with disagreement of your perhaps positive/negative point of veiw. 

What you have to remember is there is no, repeat no, quick easy fix to the problem. Unless the efl do away with ffp. 

It a mess, a huge mess, epic infact.

However, sack jos, buy x y z, play whoever, that we cant afford to etc are not an option when you are not allowed to spend. Basically it is what it is. No debate really. 

So tough, we created it, balls it up, no get out. End of. It is what it is. 

I haven’t seen many say “but x y z” in many a month, despite the barren summer (for obvious reasons) 

I think many just want the best players to be played, the players to understand their role in the team / squad, and for us to set out a team to try and attack. 

On 24 October 2018 at 15:00, sherlyegg said:

Noticed that myself, bloody west brom were reyt lucky...and forest, milwall last season and one or two more gliches in between. Then last night FF not playing caused a massive headache for our coach, he normally likes to play a settled side...but foookin FF bolloxed it up and he had no choice but to make wholesale changes.

My bet is he leaves him out when available so he can concentrate on his defensive plans....nearly there now, just a couple more hundred tweaks and we will have the best defence in the league.

I'm at a loss as to why people moan, i mean everybody makes mistakes.

Careful!

9 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

I dont think there is a problem with the fanbase. Its just people being people. People whine and moan. That just happens. 

Fans arnt to blame for 3-0 loss to qpr. Half the team gave up, other half probably arnt up to it. Unfortunately we are going to have to take our medication and live with it for now. 

Lower your expectations. Anything positive is currently a plus. 

Is that your sales technique for next years season tickets??

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:08, S36 OWL said:

This is where FFP ,or whatever its called now , is a complete joke. 

Or is it there to protect teams like us from people that haven't a clue and over spend in the hope of hitting the big time and putting clubs at risk with unsustainable spending.

Edited by Blue and white

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:46, matthefish2002 said:

Think its human nature to have a good moan when things are going badly.

Some people go a bit OTT after a bad result, but equally I find it cringeworthy the other way with people making heroes out of the players after 1 good result.

yes,true, but that's not a balanced view though is it ? On here lots of contributors go way,way over the top after a defeat and I question their mental stability.I rarely see anyone going overboard on here after 1 good result and perhaps you could point it out the next time it happens.The nearest a lot get to going overboard after a good result is to say " They were ok but the opposition was very poor wasn't it! If youre a true fan,it hurts and makes you angry sometimes when we lose but should make you happy when we win.If you don't support the Owls through thick and thin you really should  not come on here.

20 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I predicted this situation when he took over. I’m looking for the post now

We don't have a divine right to be poo you know. Other clubs are also striving to be poo, not every team can be in the bottom 6.

Fans need to realise it ain't easy.